Amazed at the Joint Operation games..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AKS_74U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 AKS_74U
Member since 2005 • 1841 Posts
Wow, I picked up this game and the expansion about a year ago. I still am not bored of this game. I think it is better than BF2. This game has glitches in it, etc. But homestly, It has a better feel than Bf2. I was just playing escalation and I had tanks trying to hunt me down, trying to shoot down choppers, etc. lmao, I was in a ditch and I had a tank just miss my head and go past me, the environment is amazing, so many places to hide and for a 85 player game it wasint laggy at all. Joint Operations and the expansion are my favorate PC games of all time, did you guys ever play them? Also, the online community, is pretty huge, id say 2X bigger than the Bf1942 community.
icefox47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 icefox47
Member since 2004 • 199 Posts
Wow, I picked up this game and the expansion about a year ago. I still am not bored of this game. I think it is better than BF2. This game has glitches in it, etc. But homestly, It has a better feel than Bf2. I was just playing escalation and I had tanks trying to hunt me down, trying to shoot down choppers, etc. lmao, I was in a ditch and I had a tank just miss my head and go past me, the environment is amazing, so many places to hide and for a 85 player game it wasint laggy at all. Joint Operations and the expansion are my favorate PC games of all time, did you guys ever play them? Also, the online community, is pretty huge, id say 2X bigger than the Bf1942 community.AKS_74U
This game... OH MAN. I need to go find my cd key and play it right now. I totally agree with you, the graphics aren't quite up to par (for today) but the gameplay was so addicting and simple.
AKS_74U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AKS_74U

I know eh! BTW, If you cant find your Cd-key you can pick up Typhoon Rising and Escalation for 19.99 in one package, Personally, I think its great to have both because some of the bigger games can be in the expansion and you may not have it so you will be out of luck.

icefox47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 icefox47
Sweet, I'll go pick it up in a bargain bin sometime. Maybe I'll see you in a game soon ;)
AKS_74U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AKS_74U
Sweet dude! Btw, My in game name is AKS74U
icefox47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 icefox47
I don't want to keep bumping this -- I sent a PM. Joint Ops is quite the game.
Hrothgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Hrothgar
Member since 2003 • 389 Posts
I did enjoy it myself back in the day. Can't find my CDs for JO anywhere but if I could I'd like to give it another try.
death5ter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 death5ter
Member since 2005 • 1001 Posts

[QUOTE="AKS_74U"]Wow, I picked up this game and the expansion about a year ago. I still am not bored of this game. I think it is better than BF2. This game has glitches in it, etc. But homestly, It has a better feel than Bf2. I was just playing escalation and I had tanks trying to hunt me down, trying to shoot down choppers, etc. lmao, I was in a ditch and I had a tank just miss my head and go past me, the environment is amazing, so many places to hide and for a 85 player game it wasint laggy at all. Joint Operations and the expansion are my favorate PC games of all time, did you guys ever play them? Also, the online community, is pretty huge, id say 2X bigger than the Bf1942 community.icefox47
This game... OH MAN. I need to go find my cd key and play it right now. I totally agree with you, the graphics aren't quite up to par (for today) but the gameplay was so addicting and simple.

I just wonder if the developer has just made a decision to remake or make this game be reborn.

They have the potential

happy2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 happy2012
Member since 2005 • 272 Posts
I like the whole night to day in the game and how huge the maps are. When I first played it there was 150 player rooms.
ncderek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ncderek
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts
yeah its great, but way too old. i bought it 3 years ago, in fact it was the entire reason i bought a copmuter. spent 1900 bucks just so i could play this game, after playing it ata friends house. its amazing, or was aamzing. got kinda old. but wil always be remembered. in my opinion, bf2 is better
andrewt1187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 andrewt1187
Member since 2003 • 1524 Posts
yeah, i was addicted to the game when it came out like 2 summers ago. it wasn't optimized that great though.
albertafox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 albertafox
Member since 2004 • 165 Posts
Yeah the game was a blast in the day.
Lost my original cd and key :(
AKS_74U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AKS_74U
Yeah, I agree with most of you here. Bf2 is newer and most people are playing that. There is actaully some pretty big games still even though its 3 years old. Theres about two 80 player games, one 70 player game, etc. And this is on a saturday. And also, they have sections of where to play (North America, Europe, etc) So thereys different amounts of servers and players in each section.
dude_man777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dude_man777
Member since 2005 • 66 Posts
The game came with my video card. I installed it, got turned off by the graphics and never even bothered trying multyplayer. I guess I must have missed out on something. I m gonna go ahead and try it now :)
vorlon92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 vorlon92
Member since 2006 • 378 Posts

good to hear, I just picked up the game + expansion last week.  Looking forward to trying it.  One of those old games I always wanted to try. 

ncderek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ncderek
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts
how many people still play this game? like a few hundred still?