This topic is locked from further discussion.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Hi. when in games some times i like to go back to windows quick with out saving and quitting all the time. Recently i have noticed when i ALT/TAB after 3 or 4 times it crashes and got to start the game again. Is there any fix and does this happen to other people?. Thanks

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#2 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

try playing the game in windowed mode, i find that makes it crash less often for some games when i do that. but theres nothing much you can do if a game just doesn't like being tabbed out of like that. you can maybe lesson it also by running the game at the same resolution and refresh rates as your desktop.

Also if your using windows 7, make sure you have aero enabled, i find it increases smoothness and stability in many games, and also pretty much eliminates all screen tearing when playing games in windowed modes even if the framerates exceed the refresh rates on my monitor. People think disabling aero increases fps/system performance or whatever, its just not true, and causes random bugs and problems not having it enabled... unless you have a 10 year old pc, leave it on.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@skipper847 said:

Hi. when in games some times i like to go back to windows quick with out saving and quitting all the time. Recently i have noticed when i ALT/TAB after 3 or 4 times it crashes and got to start the game again. Is there any fix and does this happen to other people?. Thanks

Windowed mode / borderless window mode solved the problem - I had the same with PlanetSide 2

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

How much ram do you have?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points