Alien: Isolation - RELEASED EARLY!

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

Retailers started selling the game early and PC fans complained. They listened and released it a little early. It is now available on Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/214490/

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/alien-isolation

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

Although GS rate it as pretty meh

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SaintSatan

@klunt_bumskrint: And PC Gamer gave it and 93. From what I've read the biggest complaint is the RNG of the aliens and that it was a bit too long. Reviews said it can be very difficult and lead to frustration. If those are the biggest complains then I'm good.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Probably going to pass on it. It's being called repetitive with not enough actual scares to warrant the 14 hour campaign. KVO tends to like most of the games that I do, so I'm going to trust in his review and wait for a sale.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Yes, I kind of agree with Kevins reviews most of the time so ill wait to see what my mates on Steam recon to it first. Had high hopes for this game as I really enjoyed what I played of it at EGX.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

GS and IGN work together that's why both of them gave 6/10.

GamesRadar gave it 4.5/5

AngryCentaurGaming loved it and recommend to BUY it.

Another review on YouTube loved it and didn't had anything really bad to say about it, except for the multiple endings.

God I love YouTube comments: "Every other review except IGN and GameSpot have gave it 8+/10, guess IGN/GameSpot cheque bounced"

BTW if you'll check on IGN and GS youtube channels - about 5-8 months ago both did some sort of preview and they both loved it, such hypocrites.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

I'm trading a PC copy alongside with Star Citizen modules and Company of Heroes 2, for a value of $30, looking for some games in return.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SaintSatan

@EducatingU_PCMR: Hit me up on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Saint_Satan/

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
@PredatorRules said:

BTW if you'll check on IGN and GS youtube channels - about 5-8 months ago both did some sort of preview and they both loved it, such hypocrites.

A 1 hour demo is not equal to a 20 hour experience.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

Oh grow up. You must not know the meaning of hypocrite. Nor the meaning of preview. If anything, we should be grateful of them having the balls to be honest in telling us the final product does not live up to the preview. If two of the top competing game sites give the harshest reviews and lowest scores, then I am certainly going to think twice before spending any money on this game.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@JangoWuzHere said:
@PredatorRules said:

A 1 hour demo is not equal to a 20 hour experience.

@Qixote said:

@PredatorRules said:

Oh grow up. You must not know the meaning of hypocrite. Nor the meaning of preview. If anything, we should be grateful of them having the balls to be honest in telling us the final product does not live up to the preview. If two of the top competing game sites give the harshest reviews and lowest scores, then I am certainly going to think twice before spending any money on this game.

All I'm saying don't judge the game by GS and IGN reviews, it's not the 1st time they reviewed something good with bad score.

BTW that's the problem with top gaming sites, or did you forget what happened to the guy that reviewed and gave bad score for Kane & Lynch after promoting the game and advertising it alot here on GS?

They have reputaton for corrupted reviews and they work together which means you can't trust their reviews, by any means, another great example is Guild Wars 2, IGN didn't mention a single word about how bad the game worked on lunch - I'm not talking just about me, EVERYONE.

So, for conclusion - watch some Twitch gameplay before believing with your eyes closed to GS/IGN reviews.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

the game looks amazing IMO.... just dont play the game on hard.

hard = frustration for hours

medium = challenging but doable with tactics

just do yourself a favor and follow those rules and i bet anything the game will be a 9/10 for any alien fan.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

So..... Whos working on the Co-Op mod ?

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Qixote

@PredatorRules said:

They have reputaton for corrupted reviews and they work together

So, for conclusion - watch some Twitch gameplay before believing with your eyes closed to GS/IGN reviews.

Please provide the proven evidence of such corruption and collusion, I am interested in reading that. A link to the proof would do fine. A court case or investigation, something like that.

Twitch gameplay shows only small highlights, not the entire 12+ hours. Certainly can be more deceiving than a thorough review of the entire game.

You "don't follow" GS and IGN reviews, yet you sure do always read them. And you just adore them when they give good ratings to a game you want to be good, and when they give bad ratings to a game you want to hate.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GeryGo  Moderator

@Qixote said:

@PredatorRules said:

Please provide the proven evidence of such corruption and collusion, I am interested in reading that. A link to the proof would do fine. A court case or investigation, something like that.

Twitch gameplay shows only small highlights, not the entire 12+ hours. Certainly can be more deceiving than a thorough review of the entire game.

You "don't follow" GS and IGN reviews, yet you sure do always read them. And you just adore them when they give good ratings to a game you want to be good, and when they give bad ratings to a game you want to hate.

I'm following all reviews, mostly I try them on my own - even if the reviewer says bad things about the game, sometimes it's true, the other times it's complete utter BS.

Did you know that Eve Online was rated 6/10 when it came out? did you also know it's one of the best MMOs out there?

Did you know that Guild Wars 2 got 9/10 from GS and IGN, but when it came out it was unplayable for most gamers? unless you had top of the line GPU you couldn't play the game because lack of optimization (i'm talking about lowest graphics settings in MMO not Crysis or Metro for cry out loud)

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SaintSatan
@Lulu_Lulu said:

Co-op in survival horror? No.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11782 Posts

@saintsatan: It would be better 1v1 for this game I would think.

1 as human, the other as alien. That would be interesting.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@SaintSatan

Haven't you played Lost in Nightmares ?

Co-Op, Survival Horror (with adventure elements) is not only possible.... Its been done, quite expertly.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lulu_Lulu

@Lach0121

Thats more Competitive than co-operative.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@saintsatan said:
@Lulu_Lulu said:

Co-op in survival horror? No.

Thank you.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21  Edited By Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11782 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: well yeah of course, wouldn't that be obvious?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lulu_Lulu

@Lach0121

I believe there was a survival horror game that was 4 vs 1 on kickstarter... Don't know what happened to it though.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Qixote

@PredatorRules:

So you have no facts about your quoted claim of corruption and collusion. It's all based on your "observation". You would best advised not to give up your day job as burger flipper to pursue journalism, criminal investigation, or law.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24  Edited By EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

@saintsatan: Sent you a PM

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SaintSatan

@EducatingU_PCMR: Yeah I know and I said to add me on Steam before that.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Saint_Satan

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@Qixote said:

@PredatorRules:

So you have no facts about your quoted claim of corruption and collusion. It's all based on your "observation". You would best advised not to give up your day job as burger flipper to pursue journalism, criminal investigation, or law.

You don't have to be a rocket engineer to establish an opinion for something that is clear to the eye.

If a girl dresses like a slut, you'd assume she's promiscuous - that's a simple observation and establishing an opinon.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#27 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

@Qixote said:

@PredatorRules:

You don't have to be a rocket engineer to establish an opinion for something that is clear to the eye.

If a girl dresses like a slut, you'd assume she's promiscuous - that's a simple observation and establishing an opinon.

...Your girlfriend must be so proud of you.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#28 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

One of the reasons I won't be getting this is because of the lack of saving. Not including a manual save just pads out the length and artificially increases the difficulty.

Someone from Giant Bomb said some of the design is broken. In one part he said it took him 20 minutes to get through a sequence, then died, and had to redo the lot. Instead of sneaking, he ran through the same part and got through in a minute.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lulu_Lulu

@biggest_loser

lol....The Alien was so busy hunting down a smart player that it was absolutely dumb founded when sweet young Amanda made a straight dash for the Exit... :)

its no biggie.... Every game has Exploits.... Although I must say that one is on a whole other level.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

too many horror games, i bet they wont sell well (instead of silent hills) and we go back to no horror years

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@PredatorRules said:

@Qixote said:

@PredatorRules said:

I'm following all reviews, mostly I try them on my own - even if the reviewer says bad things about the game, sometimes it's true, the other times it's complete utter BS.

Did you know that Eve Online was rated 6/10 when it came out? did you also know it's one of the best MMOs out there?

Did you know that Guild Wars 2 got 9/10 from GS and IGN, but when it came out it was unplayable for most gamers? unless you had top of the line GPU you couldn't play the game because lack of optimization (i'm talking about lowest graphics settings in MMO not Crysis or Metro for cry out loud)

That is SUPREMELY subjective.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Lach0121

I believe there was a survival horror game that was 4 vs 1 on kickstarter... Don't know what happened to it though.

What do they just call anything survival horror ?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Lulu_Lulu

@bussinrounds

Appearently... Yep.

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

@airshocker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@Qixote said:

@PredatorRules said:

when talking about wow: best = most popular.

when talking about anything else: best = [arbitrary/imaginary unit of measurement]

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lulu_Lulu

@Kh1ndjal

Like Graphics or Story ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Kh1ndjal said:

when talking about anything else: best = [arbitrary/imaginary unit of measurement]

I disagree. WoW is certainly the most popular and the biggest money-maker. To me that doesn't make it the best. That makes it successful.

EVE Online takes way too much time to actually enjoy. No way am I going to subscribe to something just to sit around and wait for months while my skills level up. Maybe some people like that, but to me that's incredibly lame. Hence why calling EVE Online the best is subjective.

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

@airshocker said:

@Kh1ndjal said:

I disagree. WoW is certainly the most popular and the biggest money-maker. To me that doesn't make it the best. That makes it successful.

EVE Online takes way too much time to actually enjoy. No way am I going to subscribe to something just to sit around and wait for months while my skills level up. Maybe some people like that, but to me that's incredibly lame. Hence why calling EVE Online the best is subjective.

i was being sarcastic. mmos are more personal games than any other genre because there's so much to do that even the smallest things can keep players hooked for ages. things like story, or community, things that wouldn't keep moba or fps players hooked.

in other words, there's no such thing as the best mmo.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@airshocker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@Qixote said:

@PredatorRules said:

It sure did survived all these years and many people still play it, so I think it's successful as much as WoW, yes maybe not by the same amount of people but we're talking about space theme - something that is not apealing for everyone, but for whoever do love space did at least tried once this game.

Plus it has one of the best economy in MMOs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@PredatorRules said:

It sure did survived all these years and many people still play it, so I think it's successful as much as WoW, yes maybe not by the same amount of people but we're talking about space theme - something that is not apealing for everyone, but for whoever do love space did at least tried once this game.

Just because it's successful doesn't mean it's the best.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GeryGo  Moderator

@airshocker said:

@PredatorRules said:

I didn't said it's the best, I said it's one of the best.

Surely not a game that deserves to get a 6/10, do you agree on that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@PredatorRules said:

@airshocker said:

@PredatorRules said:

Again, that's subjective.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GeryGo  Moderator

@airshocker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@airshocker said:

@PredatorRules said:

http://www.gamesradar.com/best-mmorpg/ right there on the 8th place

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2014/08/10-best-mmos.html right there on 2nd place

I do not make up things, it's well known that Eve Online is good at what it does.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@PredatorRules said:

@airshocker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@airshocker said:

@PredatorRules said:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2014/08/10-best-mmos.html right there on 2nd place

I do not make up things, it's well known that Eve Online is good at what it does.

What do I care what websites rank games at? Calling something one of the best is subjective. It's based on individual opinion. What you think is good about EVE isn't something I would classify as good.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GeryGo  Moderator

@airshocker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@airshocker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@airshocker said:

@PredatorRules said:

What do I care what websites rank games at? Calling something one of the best is subjective. It's based on individual opinion. What you think is good about EVE isn't something I would classify as good.

How come it's subjective? If you don't like simulator racing but do love racing games in general, you can't deny that for example Forza or NFS Shift 2 are one of the best simulator racing games.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lulu_Lulu

@PredatorRules

Shift 2 is nothing but average.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@PredatorRules said:

@airshocker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@airshocker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@airshocker said:

@PredatorRules said:

How come it's subjective? If you don't like simulator racing but do love racing games in general, you can't deny that for example Forza or NFS Shift 2 are one of the best simulator racing games.

Because it's based on opinion.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Wow you kids an that game being the best makes me laugh..Any how

Its suppose to be a horror game..Its meant to be..Hard is challenging thats the way thing should be..Lookin forward to tue an playing..

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lulu_Lulu

@Gladestone1

Theres nothing even remotely scary about difficult and challenging games, infact I find them rather exciting.... However the best way to scare the crap out of someone is to be borderline cheap and unfair.... Like really turn the game on its head then pull the rug out from underneath the player. keep them off balanced and always guessing until they don't know which way is up. That oughta scare the pants off off anyone....

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GeryGo  Moderator

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@PredatorRules

Shift 2 is nothing but average.

Still one of the best racing simulators on PC

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Lulu_Lulu

@PredatorRules

In the same way a Shank is the best weapon in Prison.... Its still a shitty weapon.