AC 7 cpu cooler high temps Help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by adam0926 (5064 posts) -
I just installed my new Arctic cooling freezer 7 Pro and the CPU temp is higher than with the stock cooling my temp with the Intel cooling was 36 and with the freezer 7 pro its 42 can anyone tell me why.
#2 Posted by _0V3RKI11_ (2267 posts) -
How fast is the fan spining? More likely thant not, you've simply not applied thermal compound properly, try resating it, cleaning any compound off o both the CPU and the HSF then re-apply.
#3 Posted by adam0926 (5064 posts) -
it has pre applied thermal past it might be it hasn't heated up yet 
#4 Posted by KSlater85 (19738 posts) -
Make sure all the tabs are down.. If you are not careful one of the fasteners will pop up. I had that problem and ran my P4 @ 95C for for about 10 minutes until I figured it out... Also... you may have to use some different Thermal Paste... If you can do it without removing the current stuff (you did take the plastic off the bottom of the HSU) that is the best but if you must some AS5 will be nearly as good.
#5 Posted by adam0926 (5064 posts) -
[QUOTE="KSlater85"]Make sure all the tabs are down.. If you are not careful one of the fasteners will pop up. I had that problem and ran my P4 @ 95C for for about 10 minutes until I figured it out... Also... you may have to use some different Thermal Paste... If you can do it without removing the current stuff (you did take the plastic off the bottom of the HSU) that is the best but if you must some AS5 will be nearly as good.

OK I did what you said and checked the clips and it turns out the mother board power cable had lifted one out. I fastened them all back in and my pc is running at 27c Thanks