This topic is locked from further discussion.

MetallicA53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 MetallicA53
Member since 2007 • 250 Posts

I don't want to sound over dramatic or anything, but like a lot of you would agree, this new forum layout is alienating a lot of veteran posters. While i'm going to stay here for a while yet, as i have been for so long - what are some other forums that have a similar community to here?

k0r3aN_pR1d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 k0r3aN_pR1d3
Member since 2005 • 2148 Posts

The replies part really throws me off.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#3 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

I'm feeling the same way.

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

This is crap, i will stay some time, but if they dont change i am leaving for sure.

mrmarrero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mrmarrero
Member since 2007 • 343 Posts

@Assimilat0r said:

This is crap, i will stay some time, but if they dont change i am leaving for sure.

Agreed...

LazyKris_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By LazyKris_89
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Gametrailers.com forums have been slow in the past couple years, but the forum layout is better than these new forums. You can also use emoticons and create sigs. I only read GS forums and been a active GT forums member since before 2008.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

Overclockers are a good UK community. What I don't understand is that there is the computer hardware board still here but there's no link in the forums list. Nobody is going to use it until they link it.

I've been here over 10 years now I don't want to spit my dummy and go elsewhere but if it's made difficult to talk to other people about what I want to talk about then I'll have no option. :(.

ARE YOU LISTENING STAFF MEMBERS!!!!

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#8  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

Really hate the new website and my visits here have already dropped off. Everything is a chore to do and the site running like shit doesn't help. I hated IGN and PC Gamer's layout, now GS copied it. Whoever makes these decisions for them is an idiot and should be fired.

Those of you waiting for them to switch back can forget it, they see us as a bunch of kids whining at change which will be accepted over time. Good luck with that GS.

Tqricardinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tqricardinho
Member since 2013 • 477 Posts

There's things I like and there's things I don't like, but oh well.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

@acanofcoke said:

Overclockers are a good UK community. What I don't understand is that there is the computer hardware board still here but there's no link in the forums list. Nobody is going to use it until they link it.

I've been here over 10 years now I don't want to spit my dummy and go elsewhere but if it's made difficult to talk to other people about what I want to talk about then I'll have no option. :(.

ARE YOU LISTENING STAFF MEMBERS!!!!

I know that feel

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

You could always post at the linus tech tip forums if you want to see posts that have even worse quality than GS off-topic.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I just want to know if there is a way to tell if there are new posts on a topic I posted in?

I used to use the contributions page on the old site where new posts would come up as numbers on the list, but here I can't tell.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

@FelipeInside: I read somewhere in the Feedback forum that they're woring on it

zanelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By zanelli  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts

Changes are coming, they are just trying to get the last of the bugs ironed out and a good idea of what forums people want. Everyone just needs to have a little patience.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@zanelli said:

Changes are coming, they are just trying to get the last of the bugs ironed out and a good idea of what forums people want. Everyone just needs to have a little patience.

I'm all for changes, but these "changes" should have been heard from Beta, not official launch.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Forums still need tweaks. I definitely agree with people when they say they should have fixed or changed things in beta. Especially when people said they provided exact feedback saying so.

Given that, the speed is better now, and they have added things (like page numbers) and fixed images.

Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17  Edited By Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

I'm not a huge fan of the new forum. I've been using Gamespot forums for a long time. I just never really post very often. Now I'll probably post even less. I do have a quick question, Does anyone know if you can change the background to black instead of white? It hurts my eyes.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@Childeater10 said:

I'm not a huge fan of the new forum. I've been using Gamespot forums for a long time. I just never really post very often. Now I'll probably post even less. I do have a quick question, Does anyone know if you can change the background to black instead of white? It hurts my eyes.

the tiny 'A' on the top right

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Having the view count in front of the number of posts says a lot about their priorities, I think.

I wanted to make a topic earlier in Off-Topic but it's impossible. This layout is an abomination and it's missing basic options. Web 3.0 can go **** itself, and so should whoever is pushing unfinished platforms down our throat. It's just basic human decency to launch a site and a forum after they're finished.

I'll just keep wasting time on RPS, NeoGAF and 4chan I guess. I tried to adjust to the new Gamespot but I can't. It might be for the best. Lately I thought about abandoning this forum a lot anyway.

In the first week of November it will be 8 years since I started posting here. I wish I could go back to that time. Wasn't November 2005 fun? We had Quake 4, FEAR, Call of Duty 2. It was a better world.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#20 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@k0r3aN_pR1d3 said:

The replies part really throws me off.

agreed, hate how it makes you go to the button of the page...

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I miss the hardware section.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@acanofcoke said:

@FelipeInside: I read somewhere in the Feedback forum that they're woring on it

Lol. They're working on it. That's nice. I don't really understand how hard it could be. The old forum had it, and the new one should never have existed without it in the first place. That's like... I don't even... Who could have possibly thought it was a good idea to get rid of that. It was a feature of nearly immeasurable importance, and not having it serves no purpose whatsoever. The only explanation I can think of (which is also the only possible explanation for a lot of the stupid fucking changes) is that the redesign was handled by people who have no idea how a forum works, were completely unfamiliar with the original forum, and were just told to make drastic cosmetic changes for the sake of drastic cosmetic changes, disregarding form or function.

Edit: In case anyone is reading this and doesn't want scroll up to see felipe's post and find out what feature I'm talking about, it's the little number that tells you how many new posts a thread has got since you last looked at it. Old site had it, new one doesn't, for absolutely no reason.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@Baranga said:

Having the view count in front of the number of posts says a lot about their priorities, I think.

Good point.

Also, on the subject of post counts, anyone else find it stupid as hell that the new layout shows a user's name and post count, in two different places, with every post? I mean, what purpose does that serve? Why the redundant information? It's just another thing that I think is evidence of the fact that the redesign was just done for the sake of doing it, and they actually had no fucking clue what they were trying to achieve. The site had some underlying stability problems, which was understandable, considering how long the site had been the same, but fixing those problems didn't necessitate a cosmetic overhaul, as well.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

@wis3boi said:

@Childeater10 said:

the tiny 'A' on the top right

Ah, very nice.. I looked through the settings and couldn't find it. Thanks :)

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10416 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@zanelli said:

I'm all for changes, but these "changes" should have been heard from Beta, not official launch.

exactly this. i can't believe they launched with the forums in such disarray. this design stinks of someone without any forum experience, any research, any ability to test systems... glad to see just about every one else feels the same