A good server for Guild Wars 2.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25540 posts) -

Just got Guild Wars 2.

I want to know what server I should go to.

BrunoBRS's Sig says Fort Aspenwood but heck that Server is full as heck right now. Should I wait till it's free or go for a different one?

#2 Posted by Franko_3 (5728 posts) -

Just got Guild Wars 2.

BrunoBRS's Sig says Fort Aspenwood but heck that Server is full as heck right now. Should I wait till it's free or go for a different one?

LegatoSkyheart

Unless you want to join someone, all servers are pretty much the same in term of population. Even the newest servers (kaineng and Devona) have a good population. The only difference is the world versus world ranking ( linky ), where some servers (like mine, Borlis pass) just suck ;)

#3 Posted by MacBoomStick (1948 posts) -

Yak's Bend has the Giant Bomb guild.

#4 Posted by vfibsux (4205 posts) -

If you want to WvW better to get on a competitive server and queue up Borderlands then once in there queue up Battlegrounds (if you want to get in there).

#5 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Play on Fort Aspenwood. It's the Gamespot server

#6 Posted by Lord_Nas3k (1492 posts) -

Join Tarnished Coast and ERP with asuras all day.

#7 Posted by WiiMan21 (8184 posts) -

I'm on Northern Shiverpeaks and we do very well in WvW.

Also you could join my guild if you wanted. :)

#8 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25540 posts) -

got on Fort Aspenwood.

It became open once that happened.

and yeah there are LOTS of servers Full or on High when I logged in.

#9 Posted by Allicrombie (25226 posts) -

got on Fort Aspenwood.

LegatoSkyheart
I'm on aspenwood and I've never grouped with anyone from GS lol.
#10 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

got on Fort Aspenwood.

Allicrombie

USE THE GUILD CHAT. you guys never use the guild chat ;_;
#11 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25540 posts) -

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

got on Fort Aspenwood.

BrunoBRS

I litterally just joined Guild Wars 2.

one of the first things I did was enter WvW and I was like "WTF? What did I do??"

#12 Posted by Allicrombie (25226 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"] I'm on aspenwood and I've never grouped with anyone from GS lol.LegatoSkyheart

I litterally just joined Guild Wars 2.

one of the first things I did was enter WvW and I was like "WTF? What did I do??"

haha.
#13 Posted by Allicrombie (25226 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

got on Fort Aspenwood.

BrunoBRS

I have used the guild chat. Everyone just seems like they're 80 already and doing their own thing at this point.
#14 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"] I'm on aspenwood and I've never grouped with anyone from GS lol.

I have used the guild chat. Everyone just seems like they're 80 already and doing their own thing at this point.

well at lv80, one of the things to do is go back to old areas and get 100% exploration :P and some of these lv80s, like me, have alts they like to play.
#15 Posted by Allicrombie (25226 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] USE THE GUILD CHAT. you guys never use the guild chat ;_;

well at lv80, one of the things to do is go back to old areas and get 100% exploration :P and some of these lv80s, like me, have alts they like to play.

I need a new charrie anyway.
#16 Posted by AFBrat77 (24135 posts) -

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

Just got Guild Wars 2.

Franko_3

Unless you want to join someone, all servers are pretty much the same in term of population. Even the newest servers (kaineng and Devona) have a good population. The only difference is the world versus world ranking ( linky ), where some servers (like mine, Borlis pass) just suck ;)

haha, I'm on Borlis Pass as well.....it was too late before I found out they were bad at WvW.....which i haven't gone on yet

#17 Posted by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -

[QUOTE="Franko_3"]

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

Just got Guild Wars 2.

AFBrat77

haha, I'm on Borlis Pass as well.....it was too late before I found out they were bad at WvW.....which i haven't gone on yet

Free server transfers are still up so it's not too late. Last night, I even saw Jade Quarry at "high" and they're 99% of the time always "Full." When it changes to high, you can transfer to it. I've tried this and it works. Yak's Bend has a very healthy PVE population. At peak hours, it's pack with PVE'ers. Even at 2am, there are quite a number of people playing (even in starting areas).

Generally speaking, just because a server is FULL or HIGH, that doesn't mean the population there are doing what you want to do. There's actually a poll that was taken at Asura Labs that might give you a good idea of where to go. Whether you're into WvW or PVE, or both. Don't think that just because a server is high/full that there will be people doing pve, or they'll be successful in WvW.

#18 Posted by illmatic87 (15283 posts) -
Alot of servers are full?! b-b-but I looked at Xfire and the game is dyign!!!11!!! LOL Seriously, though. I couldnt be happier where I am (Fort Aspenwood). Fort Aspenwood is a good server. it has its ups and downs in WvW, but I think it makes it that much more entertaining. I tend to PvE during off-peak times (im in Australia) and DEs barely result into zergs or a fight for enemy tagging, even in the 80 zone. sPvP matches are cross server, but the lobby isnt, but there are always PUGs forming in the lobby for free tournaments, but that's if you're into that thing. - Anyway just ask in Guild chat if you're keen on doing anything or need something.