A good article about the poor cultural shifts at DICE

#1 Edited by biggest_loser (24029 posts) -

"I won't buy Battlefield Hardline at launch, and neither should you" - Polygon

A small sample:

The culture behind DICE and the Battlefield series has been eroding for some time. "We don't ever want to charge for our maps and insisted to EA that this attitude was crucial when it came to keeping our community happy and playing together," DICE senior producer Patrick Bach told Xbox World 360 magazine

#2 Posted by ferrari2001 (16815 posts) -

'We don't ever want to charge for our maps and insisted to EA that this attitude was crucial when it came to keeping our community happy and playing together," --- They started charging for maps with Battlefield 3. Dice is one of the biggest sale out companies out there. I highly doubt that Patrick Bach ever told that to EA. Dice has became a shit company, and ever since have made shit games. You shouldn't buy Hardline not because of what Dice has done but simply on the fact that it won't be any good.

#3 Posted by Gogoplexiorayo2 (154 posts) -

The last good multiplayer game dice made was back in 2005 with battlefield 2.

#4 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4118 posts) -

'We don't ever want to charge for our maps and insisted to EA that this attitude was crucial when it came to keeping our community happy and playing together," --- They started charging for maps with Battlefield 3. Dice is one of the biggest sale out companies out there. I highly doubt that Patrick Bach ever told that to EA. Dice has became a shit company, and ever since have made shit games. You shouldn't buy Hardline not because of what Dice has done but simply on the fact that it won't be any good.

Hardline isn't made by DICE...

This is more of an EA issue that a DICE issue. While you can place blame on DICE for the quality of the games, that's not what this topic or the article is about. It's about too many Battlefield games diluting the brand, and that's hardly DICE's fault, especially when they're not making the game.

#5 Posted by ferrari2001 (16815 posts) -

@ferrari2001 said:

This is more of an EA issue that a DICE issue. While you can place blame on DICE for the quality of the games, that's not what this topic or the article is about. It's about too many Battlefield games diluting the brand, and that's hardly DICE's fault, especially when they're not making the game.

Still Dice sucks and Battlefield now sucks. EA destroyed the franchise, they seem to be good at that.

#6 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4118 posts) -

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Still Dice sucks and Battlefield now sucks. EA destroyed the franchise, they seem to be good at that.

Is it really DICE that sucks? Or is EA not giving them enough time to make a game? No need to trash companies when we don't know who is at fault.

#7 Posted by kraken2109 (13007 posts) -

It was so good when they gave free maps for BC2. I guess that's one of the reasons I loved that game and never got into BF3, Dice just suddenly went shitty.

#8 Posted by airshocker (29042 posts) -

You shouldn't buy Hardline because you can't be assured it's even going to run smoothly at launch. Granted it's Visceral and not DICE that's making it, but the problem could be entirely with EA. I'm going to wait a few months before I buy Hardline. If I even buy it at all.

#9 Posted by Kh1ndjal (2426 posts) -

i won't be touching hardline. not just because my favorite things about battlefield are missing, but also because the things it does contain are no where near worth $60 to me.