A game similar to Metroid Prime for PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zenadixo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Zenadixo
Member since 2010 • 44 Posts

I recently played Metroid prime for Nintendo Game Cube and I loved it. So i was looking for a game for PC that was simnilar to it, but I still havent found anything.

Any recommendations? Also my PC is not so good so don't post no games that have very high system requirements.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
You will hardly find anything close to Metroid Prime for the PC. Even if you do it might be something very old (altho that doesn't sound like a problem to you).
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

I recently played Metroid prime for Nintendo Game Cube and I loved it. So i was looking for a game for PC that was simnilar to it, but I still havent found anything.

Any recommendations? Also my PC is not so good so don't post no games that have very high system requirements.

Zenadixo
That's a tough one...but a suggestion: Darksiders - it's being released this month on PC and is more of a console game style. It has a lot of exploration, items that you use to solve puzzles, open up areas, and stuff like that. It's more like Zelda honestly but I think Zelda and Metroid actually share some basic similarities. And yeah, Metroid: Prime is one of my favorite games of all time. Simply amazing game :D
Zenadixo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zenadixo

You will hardly find anything close to Metroid Prime for the PC. Even if you do it might be something very old (altho that doesn't sound like a problem to you).Crimsader

Are you sure? I know I will find something if I keep looking... There are many shooters on the PC, probably some of them could be similar.

Sparticus247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sparticus247
Member since 2005 • 2368 Posts

[QUOTE="Crimsader"]You will hardly find anything close to Metroid Prime for the PC. Even if you do it might be something very old (altho that doesn't sound like a problem to you).Zenadixo

Are you sure? I know I will find something if I keep looking... There are many shooters on the PC, probably some of them could be similar.

Metroid Prime was a very unique game and is still pretty darn good to this day, you don't see games like that come around to often. Honestly I can't think of a game that is quite like it on the PC, that sense of exploration and isolation is what the metroid games have down.

If you like that First person adventure/isolation feel the best one I've played on the PC would be the Penumbra Series....but that's quite different plot wise and gameplay wise. Yeah you still solve puzzles and explore in the first person view, but this game was designed to get into your head and scare you in the dark places of your soul lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-635525971e920
deactivated-635525971e920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-635525971e920
Member since 2009 • 429 Posts

Metroid Prime was (is) a great game indeed. I remember being quite hyped for Star Wars: Republic Commando back in the days, mainly due to the fact that you saw the world through the visors of your character, just like in Metroid Prime. Sure did add to the atmosphere and overall feel of the latter, at least.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't bet on them having much more than that in common. Apparently though, it scored a 8.7 here on GS, which certaínly isn't bad. You could check it out.

Avatar image for mouthforbathory
mouthforbathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 mouthforbathory
Member since 2006 • 2114 Posts

Metroid Prime is pretty unique among first person games, I can't think of a single game like it with it's spider web of paths and exploration, not to mention lots of back tracking.

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
Metroid Prime is a unique experience, about the only game that I can think of that's half-way similar is Portal, but honestly they are only vaguely similar.
theslugs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 theslugs
Member since 2010 • 305 Posts
I guess give the half life universe a shot, but you aren't going to find anything too similar. At least their storylines play out as you play the game.
theslugs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 theslugs
Member since 2010 • 305 Posts

Dolphin *cough* I love dolphins i just wish they could play games *cough* There are a couple of gamecube and Wii games that have dolphin games...*cough* Anyway goodluck with your Metroid Prime.

mattuk69
he said he played metroid prime and just would like to play more like it...
Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Grodus5
Member since 2006 • 7934 Posts

I haven't played a signle game like Metroid Prime (other then the other Metroid Primes, of course). Sorry dude, I think you are out of luck.

Zenadixo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Zenadixo

So suggestions till now have been:

- Penumbra

- Half Life

- Star Wars Republic commando

- Portal

Thanks!I will give those a try! any other suggestions?

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

System Shock 2 and the BioShocks?

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

fear 2: project origin

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Zenadixo

There is no question Bioshock borrowed heavily from Prime (as well as several other games).....

if you liked Prime (I loved it) great chance you will love the original Bioshock, a Masterpiece as well.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AFBrat77

System Shock 2 and the BioShocks?

Baranga

agreed, thats where he needs to look.

kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts

There is no question Bioshock borrowed heavily from Prime (as well as several other games).....

AFBrat77
How is that possible?
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#19 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Well, I guess it depends on what exactly you liked about Metroid Prime. If you liked the interconnected worlds and exploration, I don't know if there's anything quite like it. If you liked the idea of first person puzzling, I guess Portal comes remotely close.

nintendog66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nintendog66
Member since 2006 • 2300 Posts
I believe you may be looking for the Bioshock/System Shock series. While I LOVE TO DEATH the Metroid Prime series, there's nothing quite like it really, but Bioshock is pretty much the closest you can get(I still hated it).
gillri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gillri
Member since 2004 • 5926 Posts

[QUOTE="Zenadixo"]

[QUOTE="Crimsader"]You will hardly find anything close to Metroid Prime for the PC. Even if you do it might be something very old (altho that doesn't sound like a problem to you).Sparticus247

Metroid Prime was a very unique game and is still pretty darn good to this day, you don't see games like that come around to often. Honestly I can't think of a game that is quite like it on the PC, that sense of exploration and isolation is what the metroid games have down.

If you like that First person adventure/isolation feel the best one I've played on the PC would be the Penumbra Series....but that's quite different plot wise and gameplay wise. Yeah you still solve puzzles and explore in the first person view, but this game was designed to get into your head and scare you in the dark places of your soul lol.

agreed metroid Prime is a bit of an oddity really, its been one of my fasv series since Super Metroid, Darksiders could be seen as similar in terms of game design

but the atmosphere is unique to metroid, that feeling of hostiliy and isolation

Zenadixo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zenadixo

But isnt system shock a horror game or something like that?

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 StopThePresses
Member since 2010 • 2767 Posts
There is no question Bioshock borrowed heavily from Prime AFBrat77
I wish. [QUOTE="AFBrat77"] if you liked Prime (I loved it) great chance you will love the original Bioshock, a Masterpiece as well.

One of those games I like, and the other I think is a game with generally crappy gameplay mechanics that they try to make feel "deep" with Ayn Rand references.
Caladfwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Caladfwich
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts

Maybe Stalker? It's a FPS with lots of exploration and backtracking, plus the envolving atmosphere.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

kdawg88

How is that possible?

Well, perhaps not heavily.....but it's obvious to me that Ken Levine and company admired Metroid Prime and borrowed from it, its hard to explain but part of Bioshock consists of having the right weapons to get to different areas ala Prime, as well as returning through areas with re-spawned enemies. other things as well. I think alot of people that like Prime will like Bioshock as well.

The game also seems to have borrowed here and there from Deus Ex and of course System Shock 2 along the way. Not bad games to borrow from.

I think Metroid Prime and original Bioshock aretwo of the very best games this decade.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Aquaria is similar to Super Metroid.
G-Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 G-Lord
Member since 2004 • 2141 Posts

Aquaria is similar to Super Metroid.RK-Mara

Cave Story too. But I don't know if this is what the TC is looking for

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19562 Posts
Aquaria gets my vote too, even if it isn't a first-person shooter. I guess the closest FPS might be Turok 2, in a way (they're made by the same developers, have heaps of item-finding and backtracking, etc), but finding that will be a bit of a problem.
Avatar image for AnomalyCompound
AnomalyCompound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AnomalyCompound
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
If you have Half Life two look up on moddb or similar sources Project Valkyrie, or Valkyrie Project, one or the other. Its a full Metroid universe rip. Unfortunately they forgot to ask for permissions so Nintendo shut them down but they've done a gorgeous job on the system. Added the pirate energy sword to the Valkyrie unit and there's even a few pieces of WELL recognizable game mechanics including the famous Chozo Statues. If you use hammer editor at all, and got the right permissions it would be an awesome project to pick back up. Its the only thing I know of closer than the Halo Mods for Metroid prime. http://www.moddb.com/mods/project-valkyrie http://www.moddb.com/mods/project-valkyrie/videos The first one is an implementation of morph ball. They added a sort of super boost ball that includes jumping, the space boot feature that allows double jumps when in the suit mode and many other features. Its a gorgeous system but like I said has sadly died. If I had a better machine I'd spend my time mapping stuff from the Prime Series. This one is for Halo Combat Evolved. Pretty awesome Total Game Conversion. http://www.moddb.com/mods/metroid-online http://www.moddb.com/mods/metroid-online/videos
8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts
It's not like Metroid Prime but Hard Reset made me feel just like I felt when playing Metroid Prime. :/ We need someone to copy Metroid Prime for the PC.
Avatar image for AnomalyCompound
AnomalyCompound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AnomalyCompound
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Well since i was the only other one that's posted THIS year: The Halo Combat evolved Mod; Metroid Online, is about as close as its gotten so far
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
don't think you can find anything similar to it anywhere :P
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points