A Comfortable Computer Chair?

#1 Edited by BattleSpectre (6210 posts) -

Wassup guys! Ok, so I need a new computer chair as this shitty one I'm currently using right now gives me back pains and it's uncomfortable as hell - also makes my ass numb after a few hours of use.

I know I can never have recliner comfort but I was looking at this chair, I don't want to pay over $100 and yes it may only be PU Leather but it still looks great and comfortable, and for the price you can't go wrong I guess.

Obviously it's hard to tell from pictures, but do you guys think it's worth it? Keep in mind my budget is around the $120 range.

Also my current chair is fake leather at the moment, and it's lasted me many years with no rips or tears. Main thing I'm concerned about is comfort over quality. Thanks.

#2 Posted by airshocker (29858 posts) -

Okay well first off, how much do you weigh? If you're a big boy(over 200 pounds) you need to buy higher quality chairs. Lower quality ones won't have enough padding for your butt and can make your butt numb because it'll irritate your sciatic nerve.

I recently bought a $299 computer chair at Staples and I have to say it's the best chair I've ever owned. It's real leather and it has all the support I need for my lower back.

#3 Posted by FelipeInside (25658 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

Wassup guys! Ok, so I need a new computer chair as this shitty one I'm currently using right now gives me back pains and it's uncomfortable as hell - also makes my ass numb after a few hours of use.

I know I can never have recliner comfort but I was looking at this chair, I don't want to pay over $100 and yes it may only be PU Leather but it still looks great and comfortable, and for the price you can't go wrong I guess.

Obviously it's hard to tell from pictures, but do you guys think it's worth it? Keep in mind my budget is around the $120 range.

Also my current chair is fake leather at the moment, and it's lasted me many years with no rips or tears. Main thing I'm concerned about is comfort over quality. Thanks.

I've always used those types of chairs and they are comfortable, but hot and sweaty in summer. Look at the range that comes with the back with little holes in them.

#4 Posted by PredatorRules (8112 posts) -

Worth it, if only I had space to put such big chair I'd do it instantly.

I was looking for chairs like this but It's a bit wider than my current one and I already don't have much space to move around

#5 Posted by BattleSpectre (6210 posts) -

@airshocker said:

Okay well first off, how much do you weigh? If you're a big boy(over 200 pounds) you need to buy higher quality chairs. Lower quality ones won't have enough padding for your butt and can make your butt numb because it'll irritate your sciatic nerve.

I recently bought a $299 computer chair at Staples and I have to say it's the best chair I've ever owned. It's real leather and it has all the support I need for my lower back.

I'm not that heavy haha, I weigh about 80 kilos so that's 175 pounds. Also thanks everyone, I shall proceed with the purchase. =D

#6 Posted by Blutfahne (275 posts) -

I need new chair too just waiting for right deal. No way I'm paying $300 on a chair that I know was built for under $100. I actually have the perfect design for a chair and since we all build our own PC why not build our own chairs!

#7 Edited by BattleSpectre (6210 posts) -

@blutfahne said:

I need new chair too just waiting for right deal. No way I'm paying $300 on a chair that I know was built for under $100. I actually have the perfect design for a chair and since we all build our own PC why not build our own chairs!

Hahah now you're onto something ay, imagine people making threads about what upgrades they should make to their chairs.

#8 Edited by evildead6789 (7872 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

@blutfahne said:

Hahah now you're onto sometime ay, imagine people making threads about what upgrades they should make to their chairs.

Why don't you use a couch spectre

The couch rules

#9 Edited by DJ_Headshot (6243 posts) -

Non padded armrest is not good imo if your going for comfort better then no armrest for sure but for long term sitting comfort you want the arm rest to be padded. Also for maximum comfort at a desk you want a desk that can fit an ottoman under it and put your feet up straight to rest very comfortable like this when you get it right.

I bought a whole desk to be able to do this got a height adjustable desk from ikea that had nothing but free space underneath in the middle.My old desk had lots of leg room but it had a metal back to it that kept it balanced so I could sit with my knees bent and stretch my legs out to but raising them out straight was not possible due to this .

I also got a cheap square ottomon from wallmart to rest my feet on. I initially did this due to a knee injury and was only meant to be a temporary setup for a couple of months but my knee has long sinced healed but I don't plan on changing my desk setup more comfortable this way.

I also have found out inadvertently how to comfortably game with a mouse and keyboard from my bed because of this as well granted its very expensive to do so.

#10 Posted by DJ_Headshot (6243 posts) -
@evildead6789 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@blutfahne said:

Hahah now you're onto sometime ay, imagine people making threads about what upgrades they should make to their chairs.

The couch rules

With some type of gamepad sure but not for a mouse and keyboard gaming in my experience and comfortable bed > couch imo.

#11 Edited by BattleSpectre (6210 posts) -
@evildead6789 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@blutfahne said:

The couch rules

Can't use a couch, my setup does not allow it. Besides if I wanted to use my comfortable as hell recliner (or even a couch) I'd have to hook my PC up to my 60 inch LED TV, which I've heard is far too big to use as a PC monitor as most things look stretched etc. Apparently if you plan to use a TV for a PC monitor around the 40" is the perfect size, that's what I've been told anyways.

#12 Posted by BattleSpectre (6210 posts) -

@DJ_Headshot said:
@evildead6789 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@blutfahne said:

The couch rules

With some type of gamepad sure but not for a mouse and keyboard gaming in my experience and comfortable bed > couch imo.

I know I may be asking for too much here but I'd love to see pictures of this bed setup. I hate doing anything gaming related on my bed, as I have no back support and if I lay down flat on my stomach my neck begins to get sore after a while. It's just so terrible and uncomfortable to me, so I'm very curious to know how you've made it more comfortable than a couch good sir.