360 controller for steam?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by beachbob1 (518 posts) -

I have crysis and metro 2033 for steam. Was trying to use a 360 controller but those options don't work once I go in game. Anyone know if i am missing something? or maybe just not supported? TX for any replies....

#2 Posted by giant11 (757 posts) -

It's got nothing to do with Steam. Maybe more with GFWL. IIRC, you need to have 360 controller support to get GFWL certified.

#3 Posted by beachbob1 (518 posts) -

I donwloaded the software for the contoller and the contorller says its functioning. When I log onto steam and go in game there is a option for contoller with (metro 2033) but is not lit up so i cant chose it. Anyone??

#4 Posted by SLUSHiNaToR (1366 posts) -
Are you using the play and charge kit and plugging in a wireless controller? cause that wont work. All I did was plug my controller in and had windows download all the drivers required, no software. Maybey uninstall the software and drivers and plug it in again and have windows get the drivers and try it again? Mine works great with super meat boy, beat hazard, fallout 3 and new vegas..
#5 Posted by beachbob1 (518 posts) -

Are you using the play and charge kit and plugging in a wireless controller? cause that wont work. All I did was plug my controller in and had windows download all the drivers required, no software. Maybey uninstall the software and drivers and plug it in again and have windows get the drivers and try it again? Mine works great with super meat boy, beat hazard, fallout 3 and new vegas.. SLUSHiNaToR

yes i used the play and charge i think. I only have wirless controlers. I downloaded the software/driver from msn. Can't get it work on Metro or Crysis. :(

#6 Posted by bowlingotter (6463 posts) -

To use my wireless 360 controller,I had to get the PC wireless adapter. I think using Play and Charge, all you can do is charge through USB. I don't think it will act as an interface.

#7 Posted by beachbob1 (518 posts) -

DAM U MS!!!!! make me spend money right lol.....:evil:

#8 Posted by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -

DAM U MS!!!!! make me spend money right lol.....:evil:

beachbob1
I believe you can find one for less than $20 on eBay. Grabbed one for $10 several months ago.
#9 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16592 posts) -

Something is wrong then, both of those games support the 360 controller. I do not reccomend playing Crysis with the 360 controller honestly. Clunky UI and you can't go prone.

#10 Posted by -Unreal- (24544 posts) -

Crysis supports the 360 controller. I think Metro does too.

#11 Posted by fm_coyote (952 posts) -

[QUOTE="SLUSHiNaToR"]Are you using the play and charge kit and plugging in a wireless controller? cause that wont work. All I did was plug my controller in and had windows download all the drivers required, no software. Maybey uninstall the software and drivers and plug it in again and have windows get the drivers and try it again? Mine works great with super meat boy, beat hazard, fallout 3 and new vegas.. beachbob1

yes i used the play and charge i think. I only have wirless controlers. I downloaded the software/driver from msn. Can't get it work on Metro or Crysis. :(

This is your problem, the play and charge kit is only for charging via usb, it doesnt send data. The use a 360 controller, you need the wireless adapter, or an actual PC-360 controller. The wireless adapters are super cheap now. I picked one up at bestbuy for 9$ open box. Do some searching, you'll get lucky.