TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TDuiker
Member since 2004 • 11689 Posts

I kinda need a new mouse, since ive had a couple of times the left mouse button got stuck. The teflon feet are all worn. and ive always wanted a third thum button for different purposes.

But my G9 has 3 dpi setting (max 5 ) 600, 1600, 3200. The G502 goes from 200 to 12000 DPI, they say the sensor is more accurate, but seriously does anyone play at 12000 DPI ? :P i mean you would be all over the place. I only use 3200 DPI for like flying helicopters, but infantery comat i ususally do at 1600DPI. So doing that on a higher DPI would take some getting used to :P

FatalScorpion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By FatalScorpion
Member since 2014 • 710 Posts

No you should just get the logitech M570 it's much better for gaming.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Just a warning, you will get a lot of different opinions on this.

I don't own a g502 but I own 20+ mice and can tell a good one from a bad one pretty good now.

The most important thing in a mouse is the shape, sensor comes second unless it's horrendous.

The g9's shape is identical to the g9x which I have, and it's a very good mouse. Sensor is good enough, more dpi does not mean anything. You want to use the native dpi of a mouse, which 12,000 isn't.The g9's optimal performance is around 2000 dpi if it's the same as the g9x.

The g502 looks like an actual brick and unwieldy. nvc a quake streamer uses the g502 now from his old deathadder and his accuracies and overall aim is much worse. He's kind of blind so he doesn't really realize it, but it's obvious when watching his stream.

Also I don't know if you realize, but dpi just is equivelent to sensitivity. I use 800 dpi on every mouse that lets me and if a mouse I'm using doesn't, I just recalculate my ingame sensitivity. I personally use 13.8cm/360 in every game.

There isn't really the anything the g9 can't do, omninept a legions player uses it.

Loading Video...

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@TDuiker said:

I kinda need a new mouse, since ive had a couple of times the left mouse button got stuck. The teflon feet are all worn. and ive always wanted a third thum button for different purposes.

But my G9 has 3 dpi setting (max 5 ) 600, 1600, 3200. The G502 goes from 200 to 12000 DPI, they say the sensor is more accurate, but seriously does anyone play at 12000 DPI ? :P i mean you would be all over the place. I only use 3200 DPI for like flying helicopters, but infantery comat i ususally do at 1600DPI. So doing that on a higher DPI would take some getting used to :P

At the end of it all, it depends on your mouse grip

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

I've never seen a reason to use more then 800DPI.

is there a reason to use such a high DPI? For some reason I'm expecting the response to be xXxMLGproxXx 420blaze.

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

i use a logitech g9 and it's by far the best mouse i've ever handled. it has a perfect shape for my grip and hand size.

dpi has never made a difference to me, i only use a maximum of 1200, but i can't say how much of a difference it will make to someone else.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Do yourself a favor and stay far away from Logitech's shitty mice. Buy a Razer Deathadder 2013, this is a damn amazing mouse for the price ($60 or less). It easily bests every logitech I've touched.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TDuiker

@jer_1 said:

Do yourself a favor and stay far away from Logitech's shitty mice. Buy a Razer Deathadder 2013, this is a damn amazing mouse for the price ($60 or less). It easily bests every logitech I've touched.

Ive had logitech for as long as i can remember back. MX1000, mx518, G5, G9 to name a few.. Give me some factual information why razer mice are better then logitech mice, other then youre opinion..

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jer_1

Just google it TD, a lot of the "pro's" use this mouse for a good reason. It just feels a hell of a lot better than logitech mice.

Here's the amazon reviews, pretty decent place to start...

Amazon Deathadder 2013 reviews

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

@Jebus213 said:

I've never seen a reason to use more then 800DPI.

is there a reason to use such a high DPI? For some reason I'm expecting the response to be xXxMLGproxXx 420blaze.

There isn't any reason. Using more dpi is not more precise. You want to use the mouse's native dpi which is never the max dpi.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TDuiker

@jer_1 said:

Just google it TD, a lot of the "pro's" use this mouse for a good reason. It just feels a hell of a lot better than logitech mice.

Here's the amazon reviews, pretty decent place to start...

Amazon Deathadder 2013 reviews

I believe i said give me a factual argument, not because the "pro's" use it. Ive used logitech mice for as long as i can remember, and i like it.

But back to what DPI people play with.

And why is more DPI better, you can basically be faster less mouse movement tranlates into more movement on screen. I use the 3200 dpi to fly helicopters, itherwise id have to drag the mouse all over the place to make tight fast maneuvers..

IMHO i could use a higher DPI in flying helicopters, but even then youre mouse movemenbt has to translate accuratly to in game movement..

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jer_1

The DPI doesn't mean shit to me. The reason I said buy a Deathadder is because it feels fantastic and it feels/moves far better than all the Log's I've owned or used (G500, G700, MX518). The accuracy is there, it has a track record of being a great mouse, and a ton of others agree. Take that for whatever you will but it's currently holding the title of "Best Mouse I've Ever Bought" so I will recommend it when someone asks.

There's no need to keep buying Logitech just because "Logitech", they aren't known for being the best maker of products and they aren't the best mouse designer, there's little reason to be attached to their products when others do it better.

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

Just a warning, you will get a lot of different opinions on this.

I don't own a g502 but I own 20+ mice and can tell a good one from a bad one pretty good now.

The most important thing in a mouse is the shape, sensor comes second unless it's horrendous.

The g9's shape is identical to the g9x which I have, and it's a very good mouse. Sensor is good enough, more dpi does not mean anything. You want to use the native dpi of a mouse, which 12,000 isn't.The g9's optimal performance is around 2000 dpi if it's the same as the g9x.

The g502 looks like an actual brick and unwieldy. nvc a quake streamer uses the g502 now from his old deathadder and his accuracies and overall aim is much worse. He's kind of blind so he doesn't really realize it, but it's obvious when watching his stream.

Also I don't know if you realize, but dpi just is equivelent to sensitivity. I use 800 dpi on every mouse that lets me and if a mouse I'm using doesn't, I just recalculate my ingame sensitivity. I personally use 13.8cm/360 in every game.

There isn't really the anything the g9 can't do, omninept a legions player uses it.

I think you comment the same thing for every mouse thread for like the past 2 years or something lol.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TDuiker

@jer_1 said:

The DPI doesn't mean shit to me. The reason I said buy a Deathadder is because it feels fantastic and it feels/moves far better than all the Log's I've owned or used (G500, G700, MX518). The accuracy is there, it has a track record of being a great mouse, and a ton of others agree. Take that for whatever you will but it's currently holding the title of "Best Mouse I've Ever Bought" so I will recommend it when someone asks.

There's no need to keep buying Logitech just because "Logitech", they aren't known for being the best maker of products and they aren't the best mouse designer, there's little reason to be attached to their products when others do it better.

deathadder has to few buttons i know that much, that alone makes it a nogo for me though, i also use the dpi switching in game, for say sniping, normal, flying helis and so on..

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TDuiker

@fatalscorpion said:

No you should just get the logitech M570 it's much better for gaming.

a trackball for gaming ??.. seriously ?.. you want me to have to learn how to game all over again..?!??!??!

FatalScorpion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 FatalScorpion
Member since 2014 • 710 Posts

@TDuiker:

....Maybe?? LOL

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@jer_1 said:

While I don't think logitech is shitty (there are some fantastic logitech mice), I know the deathadder is 50 dollars at newegg. If you buy it on an iphone on the newegg app using google wallet it is only $35.00. The price for performance is great for that amount.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TDuiker

Like i said, the deathadder doesnt have a lot of buttons, not enough for how i play. and o real DPI switching in game.. without maybe sacrifising the only 2 side button you get.