2560 x 1600 monitors for gaming and color accuracy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

I am currently looking for a 2560 x 1600 monitor for gaming and also for color accuracy for texturing.

I prefer not to use 2560 x 1440 because i don't like the aspect ratio as much

Preferably 30 inch not 27 inch.

Currently running eyefinity but to make room for my new speakers i want to get one large monitor with possibly a vertical display later for coding.

Any suggestions? Even Possible changes to what i should actually be looking for to suit my purposes?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Budget?

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 edinsftw

@KHAndAnime
said:

Budget?

$1,500

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KHAndAnime

@edinsftw said:
@KHAndAnime said:

Budget?

$1,500

I recommended this in another thread recently. If I were in your shoes, I'd want it :P Ultrasharp monitors are tits, particularly the one I linked.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

Dell is about to release a $1000 4k 28" monitor.

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By edinsftw

@GummiRaccoon: you know, i looked into 4k monitors and these were my reasons for not going with them

1. They are really expensive for what you get, especially color accuracy wise

2. I dont really need that resolution

3. I certainly dont want to upgrade my graphics card more often

4. Many problems seem to happen with the 4k displays currently for gaming, such as games not even working due to engines not supporting the resolution

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GummiRaccoon

@Geminon: u mad

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

@GummiRaccoon said:

nope. next question?

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

After using my 445PPI nexus 5 my monitor certainly feels like it needs smaller pixels.

stizzal13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 stizzal13
Member since 2013 • 609 Posts

@Geminon said:

@GummiRaccoon said:

nope. next question?

Oh, he mad. He mad.

On topic: I second the monitor that KHAndAnime recommended. It's a quality monitor.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

@Geminon: LMFAO YOU WILL SEE A DIFFERENCE ITS 4X the pixels hahahaha

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Geminon

@_SKatEDiRt_ said:

no, you wont, but whatever.

and 4K isnt 4x the pixels... its 2x the pixels... derp much? 3840 pixels × 2160 pixels is exactly 2x 1920x1080, and is considered the "standard" 4K resolution.

i know counting is hard for some people but GD....

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GummiRaccoon

@Geminon said:

@_SKatEDiRt_ said:

and 4K isnt 4x the pixels... its 2x the pixels... derp much? 3840 pixels × 2160 pixels is exactly 2x 1920x1080, and is considered the "standard" 4K resolution.

3840x2160= 8294400

1920x1080= 2073600

8294400/2073600 = 4

4x the pixels bruh

lol thinking is hard

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By _SKatEDiRt_

@GummiRaccoon said:

@Geminon said:

@_SKatEDiRt_ said:

3840x2160= 8294400

1920x1080= 2073600

8294400/2073600 = 4

4x the pixels bruh

lol thinking is hard

4K UHD is a resolution of 3840 pixels × 2160 lines (8.3 megapixels, aspect ratio 16:9) and is one of the two resolutions of ultra high definition television targeted towards consumer television, the other being 8K UHD which is 7680 pixels × 4320 lines (33.2 megapixels). 4K UHD has twice the horizontal and vertical resolution of the 1080pHDTV format, with four times as many pixels overall.[1][5]

And you will see a difference unless your completely BLIND

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts

@Geminon said:

its 2x the pixels... derp much? 3840 pixels × 2160 pixels is exactly 2x 1920x1080, and is considered the "standard" 4K resolution.

I'm my 7 years at gamespot forums, this might take the cake as the most cringe worthy post I have ever read (I felt kind of sorry reading it)

Doubling the numbers and claiming it as 2x the amount doesn't work when those numbers that are twice as large are multiplied together.....

The fact that you miscalculated/blew Jr. High level math logic and then tried to call someone out on something that was your mistake is pretty low/embarrassing

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KHAndAnime

@mastershake575 said:

@Geminon said:

its 2x the pixels... derp much? 3840 pixels × 2160 pixels is exactly 2x 1920x1080, and is considered the "standard" 4K resolution.

I'm my 7 years at gamespot forums, this might take the cake as the most cringe worthy post I have ever read (I felt kind of sorry reading it)

Doubling the numbers and claiming it as 2x the amount doesn't work when those numbers that are twice as large are multiplied together.....

The fact that you miscalculated/blew Jr. High level math logic and then tried to call someone out on something that was your mistake is pretty low/embarrassing

Geminon is an established troll in the forum. His favorite past time is saying other people suck at something and then demonstrating how bad he is at that something himself. He fails at English, Math, etc. - you name it, he's really bad at it, but enjoys nothing more than to mistakenly tell people how he's better than them.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@_SKatEDiRt_ said:

@GummiRaccoon said:

3840x2160= 8294400

1920x1080= 2073600

8294400/2073600 = 4

4x the pixels bruh

lol thinking is hard

4K UHD is a resolution of 3840 pixels × 2160 lines (8.3 megapixels, aspect ratio 16:9) and is one of the two resolutions of ultra high definition television targeted towards consumer television, the other being 8K UHD which is 7680 pixels × 4320 lines (33.2 megapixels). 4K UHD has twice the horizontal and vertical resolution of the 1080pHDTV format, with four times as many pixels overall.[1][5]

And you will see a difference unless your completely BLIND

You are saying the exact same thing as Gummiraccoon.

@KHAndAnime said:

Geminon is an established troll in the forum. His favorite past time is saying other people suck at something and then demonstrating how bad he is at that something himself. He fails at English, Math, etc. - you name it, he's really bad at it, but enjoys nothing more than to mistakenly tell people how he's better than them.

We sorta feed him with giving him attention...

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

I hope geminon is trolling

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Geminon: while your maths was funny, I sort of agree. I dont see much difference in xxxx x 1440 monitors over a 1080 monitor..... really do not see the point in buying these anytime soon, especially if you want to game. "if people have the money then more power to them" well yes, I suppose you can say that, but that 00000.1% rich folk who buy it for the "lols" are not what we on average are talking about.

hell 1440p chugs on the best of cards.... why would anyone want one in the near future? let alone 4 or 8k. whats the point in such pixel density if it won't work with anything? it makes no sense, it takes frivolous to a whole new level... to the point of just stupid.

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FaustArp
Member since 2013 • 1036 Posts

I have an HP ZR30W 1600p monitor, and it's picture is fairly good and accurate for a computer monitor.

Not nearly as good as a high-end plasma TV, but decent.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KHAndAnime

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@mastershake575 said:

@Geminon said:

Ill take being an "established troll" (not sure what that means, since i rarely troll.... i just dont buy into the bullshit of most of the dumbasses on this forum) over being an established dumbass. you reserve that spot pretty mightily KHAndAnime.

in this case though... mmmmmm... trolling so good. i got gummi to get all hot under the collar and race to post atleast. he was just SURE he was going to look all cool to his cool kid forum friends.

"Established troll" is exactly what it sounds like... you can't be as bad at English as you lead on. You have a history of trolling (intentionally or not), whether you like it or not. For example - saying someone is bad at Math and then demonstrating how you are the one bad at Math is bad enough, but then completely ignoring your error is the icing on the cake. You've done this at least a handful of times in recent history (proving it by pulling up the posts won't make a difference to you), so a troll is exactly what you are.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GummiRaccoon

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@mastershake575 said:

@Geminon said:

Ill take being an "established troll" (not sure what that means, since i rarely troll.... i just dont buy into the bullshit of most of the dumbasses on this forum) over being an established dumbass. you reserve that spot pretty mightily KHAndAnime.

in this case though... mmmmmm... trolling so good. i got gummi to get all hot under the collar and race to post atleast. he was just SURE he was going to look all cool to his cool kid forum friends.

"Holy crap, I look like an idiot, omg omg omg what do I do?"

LOL TROLL'D YOU

=-(

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Geminon

@KHAndAnime said:

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@mastershake575 said:

@Geminon said:

"Established troll" is exactly what it sounds like... you can't be as bad at English as you lead on. You have a history of trolling (intentionally or not), whether you like it or not. For example - saying someone is bad at Math and then demonstrating how you are the one bad at Math is bad enough, but then completely ignoring your error is the icing on the cake. You've done this at least a handful of times in recent history (proving it by pulling up the posts won't make a difference to you), so a troll is exactly what you are.

A. you cant prove it... because what you say doesnt exist....

B. you are just mad that i have made you look like a dumbass in dozens of posts recently by posting proof that you dont know what you are talking about most of the time.

*gasp* KHAndAnime acting like his opinion is the definitive truth! this is fresh and new..../rollseyes

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 _SKatEDiRt_

@Geminon said:

@GummiRaccoon said:

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@mastershake575 said:

@Geminon said:

"Holy crap, I look like an idiot, omg omg omg what do I do?"

LOL TROLL'D YOU

=-(

oh gummi.... always good for a laugh.

but its one of those laughs that you get while watching something like Dumb and Dumber, The Heat, or some other bullshit movie. its funny.... but afterwards you feel all hollow and regretful inside. kinda like you were just laughing at a retarded person.

oh wait...

oh what would i do without these forums... ;)

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I'd look into 4K but only after it becomes more mainstream. It's a bit too expensive to justify the purchase at the moment.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KHAndAnime

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@mastershake575 said:

@Geminon said:

B. you are just mad that i have made you look like a dumbass in dozens of posts recently by posting proof that you dont know what you are talking about most of the time.

*gasp* KHAndAnime acting like his opinion is the definitive truth! this is fresh and new..../rollseyes

I just did, pointing to evidence in this very quote-chain no less. And you ignored it again. Which is further evidence that you're a troll that can't read. If you keep at it and slip up some more, the mods might just catch on to the fact that you're an underage user ;)

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Geminon

@KHAndAnime said:

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@mastershake575 said:

@Geminon said:

I just did, pointing to evidence in this very quote-chain no less. And you ignored it again. Which is further evidence that you're a troll that can't read. If you keep at it and slip up some more, the mods might just catch on to the fact that you're an underage user ;)

again, you are just mad that i have made you look like a dumbass and disproved your biased/incorrect opinions in several threads.

its ok to be mad KH.... let it flow.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KHAndAnime

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Geminon said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@mastershake575 said:

@Geminon said:

again, you are just mad that i have made you look like a dumbass and disproved your biased/incorrect opinions in several threads.

its ok to be mad KH.... let it flow.

If you're trying to make people mad, it works better if you actually have a point - you know, actually prove that someone is wrong. All you've done this thread is demonstrate that you failed elementary-school Math - therefore the only person here with a reason to get mad is you. Trolls are much more effective when they are actually right (even just partially right can work). Unfortunately for you, it's plain as day to everyone to that you're dead wrong in just about every thread you post in. Trolling or not Geminon, you're just plain ineffective at communication.

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 edinsftw

@KHAndAnime said:

@edinsftw said:
@KHAndAnime said:

Budget?

$1,500

I recommended this in another thread recently. If I were in your shoes, I'd want it :P Ultrasharp monitors are tits, particularly the one I linked.

Thank You sir after much deliberation i did buy this monitor and should receive it soon.