1200 max system hows this one look any help would be great

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Rincon (623 posts) -

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/rincon/saved/3q9l

#2 Edited by FelipeInside (25658 posts) -

I wonder why people that build PCs never add a sound card to it?

I consider the sound card just as important as the CPU and GPU, but I guess that's just me.

#3 Posted by 04dcarraher (19665 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

I consider the sound card just as important as the CPU and GPU, but I guess that's just me.

Because unless your packing $300+ based sound system you will not hear the difference with good onboard vs dedicated sound. also if your running digital a sound card wont do you any good neither.

#4 Edited by 04dcarraher (19665 posts) -

TC the one thing change I would do is the power supply You can get a better quality one for a few dollars more

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cmpsu650tx

#5 Edited by FelipeInside (25658 posts) -

@04dcarraher said:

@FelipeInside said:

Because unless your packing $300+ based sound system you will not hear the difference with good onboard vs dedicated sound. also if your running digital a sound card wont do you any good neither.

Yeah I guess. A good sound card has to be backed up with a good speaker system, or good headphones.

That's my point, the sound of a game is just as important as the graphics, in my opinion anyway.

#6 Posted by airshocker (29863 posts) -

Nice build. I like it.

#7 Edited by PredatorRules (8113 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

You don't with today great integrated soundcards on MOBOs. (I'm trying ATM to sell my 7.1 Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium Pro FATAL1TY at dirt cheap price, no one is interested, might as well give it for free)

@Rincon said:

Back to the built

A) Who uses CDs nowdays? you might as well just remove it

B) i5 4670K without a proper non stock cooler? you want to fry your newly CPU? do you even plan on OC?

C) MOBO that cost 150$ with 1 GPU??? do you wish to add another GPU in the future?

D) 16Gb of RAM? do you edit videos or working on some heavy programs?

if you answer all those questions I might build you a proper rig.

#8 Posted by kraken2109 (13067 posts) -

@04dcarraher said:

@FelipeInside said:

Depends entirely on the motherboard.

My Xonar DG cost me ~£20 and sounded better with my £60 HD429 than my onboard sound. My motherboard is fairly low-end though. And now I only use it if I take my PC to a LAN or somewhere where I'm not taking my AV Receiver since I HDMI to that.

#9 Posted by FelipeInside (25658 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

You don't with today great integrated soundcards on MOBOs. (I'm trying ATM to sell my 7.1 Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium Pro FATAL1TY at dirt cheap price, no one is interested, might as well give it for free)

They are indeed great and better than past years, but you still can't compare an onboard sound card with something like a Xonar DGX. I guess people just don't have my ears.... :P

#10 Edited by PredatorRules (8113 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

They are indeed great and better than past years, but you still can't compare an onboard sound card with something like a Xonar DGX. I guess people just don't have my ears.... :P

I guess you have Xonar ears XD

#11 Posted by FelipeInside (25658 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

I guess you have Xonar ears XD

#12 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4894 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Rincon said:

Back to the built

A) Who uses CDs nowdays? you might as well just remove it

B) i5 4670K without a proper non stock cooler? you want to fry your newly CPU? do you even plan on OC?

C) MOBO that cost 150$ with 1 GPU??? do you wish to add another GPU in the future?

D) 16Gb of RAM? do you edit videos or working on some heavy programs?

if you answer all those questions I might build you a proper rig.

i agree with these criticisms.

A - I'd lose the optical drive. My machine has a gaping hole.

B - Agreed. If you don't want to OC then don't bother with a 'K' model.

C - I reckon the H87's all good. Use that Intel RST shit. In fact, if I were you I would go for a ~64gig SSD managed by Intel RST. this is what my gf does at home and i am very jelly of her set up. save a bit of money too and not have to worry about running out of space on a user-managed tiny little ssd. (tiny in capacity relative to the size of a traditional hard disc)

D - agreed. shit, I'd consider dropping to 8gb ram and pouring some more money into the GPU. if you want nvidia I'd try desperately to get a gtx 770.

#13 Posted by Rincon (623 posts) -

Thanks yes I do plan to over clock and forgot the cooler. Good tip on GPU I have read since posting over kill with 16 gb ram get 3gb gpu....

Went with MOBO that cost 150$ with 1 GPU??? do you wish to add another GPU in the future? went with this for the great sound so no sound card. What mother board would you suggest?

DVD drive still needed for me I burn a lot of photo disc for work.......I Should get light scribe if still out there.

Thanks for your help peeps.....

#14 Edited by PredatorRules (8113 posts) -

@Rincon said:

Thanks yes I do plan to over clock and forgot the cooler. Good tip on GPU I have read since posting over kill with 16 gb ram get 3gb gpu....

Went with MOBO that cost 150$ with 1 GPU??? do you wish to add another GPU in the future? went with this for the great sound so no sound card. What mother board would you suggest?

DVD drive still needed for me I burn a lot of photo disc for work.......I Should get light scribe if still out there.

Thanks for your help peeps.....

I doubt there's a difference between external soundcard, cheap mobo integrated and expensive one.

I own X-Fi FATALITY Pro 7.1 and I don't feel any difference between it and using my 50$ MOBO integrated.

I've made up some changes based on your answers: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2ANz4

I hope you'll like it =)

#15 Posted by FelipeInside (25658 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

@Rincon said:

I doubt there's a difference between external soundcard, cheap mobo integrated and expensive one.

I own X-Fi FATALITY Pro 7.1 and I don't feel any difference between it and using my 50$ MOBO integrated.

Well there is actually, but like @04dcarraher pointed out, it depends what you're hearing it through. A good sound card has to be backed up with a good speaker system or good headphones.

#16 Edited by PredatorRules (8113 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@Rincon said:

Well there is actually, but like @04dcarraher pointed out, it depends what you're hearing it through. A good sound card has to be backed up with a good speaker system or good headphones.

Exactly. I use X14 5.1 surround by Microlab and Tt eSports Shock headset, to be honest, nothing has changed; the 7.1 Soundcard did a good amp job back at those days when people actually bought soundcards but now my 50$ micro ATX Asus MOBO is doing the same job that my 200$ soundcard was doing back at those days.

Now it's main purpose is lighting up some pretty nice led throught the windowed case with the logo X-Fi -_-

#17 Posted by FelipeInside (25658 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@Rincon said:

Exactly. I use X14 5.1 surround by Microlab and Tt eSports Shock headset, to be honest, nothing has changed; the 7.1 Soundcard did a good amp job back at those days when people actually bought soundcards but now my 50$ micro ATX Asus MOBO is doing the same job that my 200$ soundcard was doing back at those days.

Now it's main purpose is lighting up some pretty nice led throught the windowed case with the logo X-Fi -_-

Well yeah, onboard sound cards have improved greatly over the last 10 years. There are even more expensive mainboards with very good sound cards onboard.

I still prefer to have the Xonar....cause I have Xonar Ears remember...

#18 Posted by blaznwiipspman1 (6047 posts) -

if you can fit a radeon r290 into the build go for that instead

#19 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4894 posts) -
@Rincon said:

. What mother board would you suggest?

h87 chipset should be good enough. the specific motherboard particulars... you choose that mate because i don't know if you need wifi on the motherboard or whatever.

look into using the SSD as a cache managed by intel software, and then installing everything to the big fat hard disc.

#20 Edited by PredatorRules (8113 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@Rincon said:

Well yeah, onboard sound cards have improved greatly over the last 10 years. There are even more expensive mainboards with very good sound cards onboard.

I still prefer to have the Xonar....cause I have Xonar Ears remember...

HAHA, I remember XD