10-minute Dragon Age: Inquisition gameplay demo - Eurogamer

#1 Edited by biggest_loser (24006 posts) -

Dragon Age top-brass Mark Darrah (executive producer) and Mike Laidlaw (creative director) presented and narrated at 10-minute alpha gameplay demo of Dragon Age: Inquisition on Twitch

Eurogamer source

http://youtu.be/oYdE4kONvFE

Looks underwhelming since you don't seem to travel with a party anymore. They only arrive in combat and cutscenes in this video.

#2 Edited by PredatorRules (7202 posts) -

So it's a brainless action multiplatformer now?

EDIT: graphics looks good and that's probably the strongest point about this game but unless it'll have a co-op i'm not getting it.

#3 Posted by FelipeInside (25160 posts) -

Dragon Age top-brass Mark Darrah (executive producer) and Mike Laidlaw (creative director) presented and narrated at 10-minute alpha gameplay demo of Dragon Age: Inquisition on Twitch

Eurogamer source

Looks underwhelming since you don't seem to travel with a party anymore. They only arrive in combat and cutscenes in this video.

Well, it's an improvement over DA2 in every which way. I'm going to still consider DA2 as a side expansion game, lol.

I agree with loser here though, the party should travel with you.

#4 Posted by uninspiredcup (7522 posts) -

Looks nothing like the old CRPG's I loved.

#5 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2267 posts) -

EA has tainted bioware.....

#6 Posted by soolkiki (1727 posts) -

Unpopular Opinion Poppin:

I think it looks amazing! Maybe not as good as DA:O, but definitely better than DA2.

#7 Posted by CARNAGES41 (311 posts) -

Environments look great

The party not travelling with you is beyond retarded

Maybe it was just for this demo

#8 Posted by ferrari2001 (16736 posts) -

The game looks pretty great. Combat seems more like Dragon Age 2, which I thought was better then DA:O. The followers not present is a little odd, but Bioware is all about story, so long as the story is good it should be a great game. The open aspect of the game allowing you to play in various ways is a fantastic change. I've already preordered so I'm excited.

#9 Posted by Blutfahne (203 posts) -

failol

#10 Posted by farrell2k (5574 posts) -

Apparently it is just to difficult to take everything that was great about the first Dragon Age and just re-do that...

#11 Edited by harry_james_pot (10294 posts) -
you don't seem to travel with a party anymore. They only arrive in combat and cutscenes in this video.

Wait WHAT?!

#12 Posted by with_teeth26 (6018 posts) -

@biggest_loser said:
you don't seem to travel with a party anymore. They only arrive in combat and cutscenes in this video.

Wait WHAT?!

i'm not sure this is right, they might be behind you. Its hard to tell since they edit the gameplay a lot

#13 Posted by harry_james_pot (10294 posts) -

@harry_james_pot said:
@biggest_loser said:

Wait WHAT?!

i'm not sure this is right, they might be behind you. Its hard to tell since they edit the gameplay a lot

Well.. it's not like I need more reasons to like the game less. I'm just gonna wait for it to come out and see what everybody thinks. it is not looking good so far though.

#14 Posted by with_teeth26 (6018 posts) -

@with_teeth26 said:

@harry_james_pot said:
@biggest_loser said:

Wait WHAT?!

Well.. it's not like I need more reasons to like the game less. I'm just gonna wait for it to come out and see what everybody thinks. it is not looking good so far though.

I talked to someone I know at E3 and I can confirm your party members are always with you. biggest_loser is not correct about that.

#15 Edited by harry_james_pot (10294 posts) -

@harry_james_pot said:

@with_teeth26 said:

@harry_james_pot said:
@biggest_loser said:

Wait WHAT?!

I talked to someone I know at E3 and I can confirm your party members are always with you. biggest_loser is not correct about that.

Oh, ok.

#16 Edited by Sparky04 (3384 posts) -

I've seen other demos where your party has been with you. What's annoying is I've seen this demo by three different hosts and literally none of them asked about the party members not being there. I'm getting sick of seeing gaming journalists act like advertisers for the games they are previewing. Anyway I think the game looks super great, the majority of the flaws in Dragon Age 2 could be attributed to it being a rushed project which this clearly is not.

#17 Edited by mep69 (1828 posts) -

I thought that gameplay look ok, aslong as its equally as good a Origins i'll be ok with it.

#18 Posted by cyloninside (429 posts) -

Eurogamer source

there are several videos that prove that is not true at all. your party does follow you around.