Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 trxielyn
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts

Hey everyone,

Im in the market for a new gaming headset and was hoping for some advice as to which way I should go forward. I found this site: http://www.pricenfees.com/category/headsets/gaming which helped me narrow down my search. As of right now my top choices are the steelseries h or the hyperx cloud II (which is considerably cheaper than the other) - I'm big into PC gaming and have just started getting more into my xbox one so those two seem to be the most compatible with the most devices (PC and Xbox One are the ones I'm really concerned with). While money isnt really an issue for this, I don't want to spend more than is necessary. Is the steelseries h pricetag worth it, or would the hyperx do just fine? Also, if anyone else has any better options I'd love to hear before I make a final decision.

Anyone want to help a girl out? =)

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Real headphones >>>>>>>> "gaming" headphones

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Hyperx cloud easily.

joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 joseph_mach
Member since 2003 • 3898 Posts

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

Hyperx cloud easily.

+1

Best investment I ever made when it came to a good headset. Affordable, comfortable, and the sound quality is on par with just about anything else out there.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

I've been on a perpetual hunt for this. The only real headphones out there that come in a headset package are the Sennheisers. That doesnt quite fiit into my budget tho.

I'm tired of using my real Denon headphones with an additional mic. I'd rather have an all in one package. I looked around and read for a week and everyone was praising the shit out of the Siberia V2s. I Got them and put them back in the box next day. Was not impressed or even generally happy about my purchase at all. I am eyeballing HyperX currently.

Also to note, yea they're called gaming headphones cause they are for gaming, not listening to Bachs 9th symphony. I don't mind having two pairs, but want one all in one setup for gaming.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

Hyperx cloud easily.

Was about to say the same.

But I agree with the statement below

@MonsieurX said:

Real headphones >>>>>>>> "gaming" headphones

You can easy get far better quality headphones and buy mic separately with the same money

Something from Audio Technika

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

The hyper x clouds have very good audio quality, ditched my dt 770s for them. Sound quality is very good, 53mm drivers, they're just rebranded takstar pro 80s with better build quality + a detatchable mic.

Clip on mics are annoying, if you game a lot then it's definitely much less of a hassle to just get a good headset.

Loading Video...

trxielyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 trxielyn
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts

Do regular headphones really provide equal/better performance compared to gaming headsets?

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Try both out and see for yourself

MonkeyDot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MonkeyDot
Member since 2015 • 106 Posts

I won't tell you what to buy, but what not to buy. Corsair. The headphones are good enough but the drivers are a disaster. They ruin them in every version, I'm still using 1.1.

Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jr14
Member since 2004 • 2148 Posts

My Astro A40's are the best headphones ive owned. Really comfy, amazing sound quality. Dropped them several times and still work perfectly fine. Worked on my old PS4, Xbox One, and now using them on my PC. Don't get Turtle Beaches though. They suck. Logitech is making new gaming headphones that are wireless and a wired version that look pretty sick. Might want to look into them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

@trxielyn said:

Do regular headphones really provide equal/better performance compared to gaming headsets?

"gaming headset" only means that it has microphone in it, and that it's designed in a nerdy fashion and has some added gaming-branding done to it.

usually some mid-range (or even budget-range) hi-fi headphones provide far better audio quality for the same money, but you will need to set up a mic separately. so, if you can find a gaming headset that has "good enough" sound quality for you, you should propably go for them.

E: The HyperX Cloud does seem like it would be solid value. Haven't tried them myself, but a lot of people are saying that it has a good audio quality for the price.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Buy proper headphones from a decent audio company and a separate mic (maybe a boom like the modmic or just a desktop mic).

AKG, Audio Technica, Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser and Shure are a few examples of good headphone manufacturers. Aim for open back headphones to get good positioning in games.

Personally I'd recommend the Sennheiser HD500 series, AKG K612 pro or Beyerdynamic DT880 as the best value.