full atx gaming case suggestions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

i am looking for a new full atx tower without the need for water cooling.

i dont care about color or design just need a nice cooler

edit: budget is $200

EDIT: NO I DO NOT WANT A MID TOWER OR MINI. READ THE OP!!!

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

Budget?

Ive been using the original HAF 932 going on 8 years.

You have all kinds of brands and designs.

You have Coolermaster HAF series

Rosewill Thor v2

NZXT Phantom

Thermaltake cases like Level series

Corsair Obsidian and Graphite series

Phantek cases

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127501 Posts

Full tower but no water cooling... I want to suggest midi tower then.

Corsair Obsidian 750D?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@_SKatEDiRt_ said:

If you're not going to install multiple HDDs or 3-4 GPUs I would suggest you to drop from the full tower idea.

Good full tower: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/TXCwrH/phanteks-case-phes614pcbk

for other great cases: https://turbofuture.com/computers/Best-Full-Tower-Computer-Case-Gaming

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

@_SKatEDiRt_: It isn't worth it.... If anything you should be trying to go smaller, full itx towers are a thing of the past.

I'd wait till your next build and go for a Mini-ITX.

Link

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 _SKatEDiRt_

@zaku101: is there a small case that you would suggest that has better cooling than a big case. price is not an issue. I am looking for the best air cooling case and plenty of room to fool around and mod what i wish (hence the need for a big case)

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 04dcarraher

@_SKatEDiRt_:

mini itx is a waste of time because it limits you in what you can use and cooling isnt as good.

You can grab a mid tower that cools as well as a full tower and has room for improvements/upgrades.

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 zaku101

@04dcarraher said:

@_SKatEDiRt_:

mini itx is a waste of time because it limits you in what you can use and cooling isnt as good.

You can grab a mid tower that cools as well as a full tower and has room for improvements/upgrades.

The only real limit is SLI/Crossfire which isn't really worth it nowadays. Just about all of them can also mount AIO Water coolers, which is more than enough.

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zaku101

@_SKatEDiRt_: An example of two below, the first one can house a full sized 2x 120mm radiator, the second one can do a 120mm radiator, both can house full sized GPU, both provide good airflow. It's easier to control airflow when there's less space, I'd also recommend going with a blower style GPU.

Keep in mind you need a Mini-ITX Mobo.

If you need extra space and do LAN parties.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/graphite-series-380t-yellow-portable-mini-itx-case.

If you want something even smaller

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1N83ZP7361&cm_re=mini_ITX_case-_-11-119-286-_-Product

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNI6W47XAK8 <Can mount 2 120mm fans on the radiator, one on the side and he has a lot of stuff you don't really need anymore like full sized HDD,DVD drive and PSU.

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 zaku101

@_SKatEDiRt_ said:

I also wanted to add, if you aren't OC you don't need a new case or cooler. If you just want to improve your temp I'd recommend a simple AIO water cooler, the case won't make any difference at all.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

Phanteks Enthoo Pro

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GeryGo  Moderator

@04dcarraher said:

@_SKatEDiRt_:

It's true to some point - you've got CPU water cooling solution for mini ITX and those cases can fill full length GPU as well which again can be water cooled for best cooling in ITX form.

@zaku101 said:

full itx towers are a thing of the past.

+1, mini ITX is the future or at least what I wish for.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 _SKatEDiRt_

@PredatorRules: mini itx is junk. thats why i want a full tower to mod whatever TF I WANT

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 04dcarraher

@_SKatEDiRt_:

Cant go wrong with a HAF X, ive been using my HAF 932 for over 7 years

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@_SKatEDiRt_ said:

@PredatorRules: mini itx is junk. thats why i want a full tower to mod whatever TF I WANT

You can mod ITX as well, don't know what you mean by modding but ok

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By _SKatEDiRt_

@PredatorRules: read the OP. i want your professional predator opinion on a full size case not suggest that i get a small one, because i will never buy a small case for myself

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zaku101

@_SKatEDiRt_ said:

Lol is this some kind of joke? What are you going to "MOD"? This isn't a car. If your still living in the 90s please go ahead and buy your full sized fridge case, they're a joke now.

It's 2017 EVERYTHING is smaller now, other than SLI/Crossfire big cases are a "BIG" waste of space and look dated. SLI/Crossfire are pretty much dead not worth it either anymore, lazy developers and GPU manufactures are scaling back like Nvidia.

If you want a real opinion, get any large case, they're all the same, they require a lot of fans to correctly control airflow or have 2 much space for fans to even matter.

Give us a call when your living in 2017 not the 1990s.

Did you also need a trackball mouse to go with it?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By horgen  Moderator

Ok lets not be mean against OP here.

Corsair graphite 760T with the glass side panel looks cool imo. With 2 140mm fans in front and one in rear with room for more fans in the top and possible bottom, it should have good airflow. I think InWin GRone Big Tower has a a similar set up.

And as for mods. If I were to do one myself, it would be to strip down a monitor, an older type with 1280*1024 res, loads of lights in the case and have a monitor in the sidepanel.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@_SKatEDiRt_ said:

@PredatorRules: read the OP. i want your professional predator opinion on a full size case not suggest that i get a small one, because i will never buy a small case for myself

I suggested you few cases with that article, have you thought on something to pick up?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@04dcarraher said:

@_SKatEDiRt_:

No it doesn't.. A Phanteks ITX, Manta, Fractal Nano are all examples of ITX case towers that can house full sized video cards, full sized PSU, and custom water loops.. IN my current build (which I am using a Phanteks ITX) I am able to comfortably fit a h100i corsair AIO cooler and a MSI 1070 seahawk (which has it's own 120mm rad) comfortably in the case.. The biggest things with these cases are the fact that reference blowers or AIO video card options (like the EVGA hybrid, MSI Seahawk, or ATI Fury X) perform much better over aftermarket coolers that simply dump the hot air back in your system.

I mean pretty much the only limitation of these kinds of cases now a days is the inability to use sli/crossfire.. Something most people don't use to begin with, and has been starting to get phased out each gen (NVidia now only officially supports 2x sli and only for the 1070 and 1080).

If you are looking for case ideas watch HardwareCanucks on youtube, they review more cases than any one else.

Fact of the matter is full cases are obsolete and are completely pointless for 99.9% of the people out there.. Even mid towers are going that way when cases like the Corsair 240 for instance can do basically everything a person wants while still having good thermals. As time goes on and this trend continues, I would not be surprised to see mid towers going the way of full towers.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By 04dcarraher

@sSubZerOo:

While there has been strides in itx options.... mini itx still limits your options you cant say it dont. Form factor and cases are not a one size fits all.

Suggesting full towers are obsolete is false because its based on what the user wants and or needs. Unless you have limited room or like the idea of small and compact package, itx is fine. However a mid tower or full tower are the better options that offer more possibilities.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@04dcarraher said:

@sSubZerOo:

While there has been strides in itx options.... mini itx still limits your options you cant say it dont. Form factor and cases are not a one size fits all.

Suggesting full towers are obsolete is false because its based on what the user wants and or needs. Unless you have limited room or like the idea of small and compact package, itx is fine. However a mid tower or full tower are the better options that offer more possibilities.

Those options being two things: Having 8 hard drives and/or SLI.. That pretty much makes it like 1% of the base out there that uses either one of those. Those are the only options really limited, good itx cases can fit the largest gpu's out on the market and can have full custom loops in it if you wish.. Or hold the largest air coolers..

The only real problem I have found with some of the ITX cases is aftermarket gpu's that are open air coolers are not the best due to the limited breathing room with many of the cases.. But even than ones like the Corsair 250d have solved that problem..

And of course it isn't a one case fits all.. We have to think about that 1% of the base that still use crossfire or sli.. But for the vast majority of people out there that use single gpu systems, a ITX is all they will ever need. Tremendous strides have been made in case and cooler design these past 7 years.. And they are leading to far more compact and efficient systems.. Mid Towers are still great, full towers? Waste of space inless you are doing something like a Jayztwocents overkill build like Skunkworks.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By 04dcarraher

@sSubZerOo:

yea for most people itx is perfectly fine. but one thing I dont like is the cramped and sectional design that many itx cases have to contend with. i know quite a few itx cases do not support gpu coolers that are thicker than two slots, and like you said open air coolers can be an issue with cooling design for those cases. Now also your motherboard options are limited with itx, and for as much as you spend for a upper end itx board you can get a standard ATX board size of same chipset(etc) that is cheaper and offers more options especially ram slots. Today's Mid towers offer the best solution for most users. When I bought my HAF 932 mid tower options didn't offer same options as current mid towers do today.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By _SKatEDiRt_

@zaku101: you need to chill out. some people like driving a prius too.

I should have included IMO since clearly it is my opinion.

@sSubZerOo: and that being said I do not like small cases. so come on help me out here

@PredatorRules: No I have not decided on a case yet. I want a few more opinions from this forum and I have also been seaching older threads in this and other forums. I am going to live with it for the next 10 years which has been my case upgrade cycle

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@_SKatEDiRt_: BTW I would like to suggest another Full Tower, while not being premium at all but indeed the most budget friendly Full ATX case: Antec GX1200

Looking at newegg it's really not as cheap as I thought it would be, at my country at least it's been sold as much as mid tower case.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 horgen  Moderator

Well there is always LD Cooling V-8. Or the Corsair 900D, but they are perhaps too big? :P

Are you looking for one with dedicated places for SSD? Like on the rear side of the mobo panel/wall? Modular? As in be able to remove HDD cages or 5.25 bays?

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 _SKatEDiRt_

How does this one look?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139049&ignorebbr=1