Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Reaper6666
Member since 2004 • 161 Posts

Fellow gamers & hardware freaks,

I have a serious problem. About half a year ago I built a gaming pc with no troubles at all. Everything worked fine.

The last couple of days it has been pretty hot outside. Around 30°C . And now my CPU is overheating and my system is shutting down! I really don't understand... The computer has 5 coolers in it, and my CPU is water cooled by a Seidon 120V Cooler Master.

Every fan is working, atleast as I can see. I really don't know what the problem is, but the situation is so bad that when I even start my PC, it starts overheating immediately. Becoming extremely slow and finally shutting itself down.

Can someone help me?

Thank you!

Reaper6666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Reaper6666

I removed the side panel of my pc, and after that, actually did nothing... But right now the CPU fan that in my picture reads 0RPM, is now reading 2000RMP. But really I don't understand, cause all my fans were always working so... It was never at 0rpm. Anyway, my pc is cool right now. At around 40°C.

So I think my problem is "solved". But if anybody still has some valuable input, please let me know.

Thx!

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Your pump is going bad. You might want to replace it.

That RPM reading is the pump speed... When it is plugged into the CPU header on the mother board.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

It's your pump. You also shouldn't let your cpu and its socket go well over above boiling point. You might burn some of its transistors and mess up the socket as well.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Double post. It was glitchspots fault and my posts weren't showing up.

Reaper6666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Reaper6666

But how is that possible?? It's just a couple of months old! I know it is really bad for my computer but what can I do? And why does it sometimes work and sometimes not? I find it really odd... I just my pc 60% of my daytime. I can't deal with a malfunction like this! If it really is broken, then they make some sh*tty stuff! Sorry but I'm really mad. I spent more than 2500$ on my new rig and now my watercooler fails?? Thats b*llsh*t.

So I guess the only thing left to do is to contact the manufacturer right?

I hate this...

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@Reaper6666 said:

But how is that possible?? It's just a couple of months old! I know it is really bad for my computer but what can I do? And why does it sometimes work and sometimes not? I find it really odd... I just my pc 60% of my daytime. I can't deal with a malfunction like this! If it really is broken, then they make some sh*tty stuff! Sorry but I'm really mad. I spent more than 2500$ on my new rig and now my watercooler fails?? Thats b*llsh*t.

I hate this...

2500USD?

What do you have in your case? 2 980ti cards?

Also It's less worrisome to go with air cooling.

On my i7 4770k I use a Noctua NH-D14 which I got for 60USD and it works great.

Even when I have no air conditioning and my room is over 100F my CPU oced temps in CPU demanding games will still be easily manageable and around the high 60C to low 70C

And that is with 2 970s G1 versions heating up the case.

I spent about 1400USD on my setup and didn't bother with liquid cooling because of how much more expensive it can be and the trouble that can arise.

With air cooling you only need to worry about replacing the fans and cleaning out the heatsink if it gets too dusty.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

@Reaper6666: Normally motherboards now a days come with 2 cpu headers. You can try it in the other one. Also look in the BIOS/UEFI and make sure your header is set to full speed.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#9 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I'm moving this to hardware discussion

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@Reaper6666 said:

Fellow gamers & hardware freaks,

I have a serious problem. About half a year ago I built a gaming pc with no troubles at all. Everything worked fine.

The last couple of days it has been pretty hot outside. Around 30°C . And now my CPU is overheating and my system is shutting down! I really don't understand... The computer has 5 coolers in it, and my CPU is water cooled by a Seidon 120V Cooler Master.

Every fan is working, atleast as I can see. I really don't know what the problem is, but the situation is so bad that when I even start my PC, it starts overheating immediately. Becoming extremely slow and finally shutting itself down.

Can someone help me?

Thank you!

reapply thermal paste, please use real temp - I'm not familiar with that program you're using.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@Reaper6666 said:

I hate this...

Some products with errors do avoid detection until customers have them sadly. That's just how it is :(

Warranty should cover it though if it is failing.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

I do not like water coolers for this reason you dont even have passive cooling. With a large surface area air cooler if a fan dies your temps are still better then stock coolers.

Reaper6666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Reaper6666

Thanks for all the info and help guys! I forgot about this thread., sorry. @Truth_Hurts_U : He was right. Pump was bad. I sent the cooler back and got another one for free.

Now my beast works like a charm!

Thanks again!