The_Jaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Jaguar
Member since 2015 • 7 Posts

I have a budget of 1300 $ can i get a laptop for gaming in this budget or is it impossible, i just a portable powerhouse that can run most of the game, the upcoming one and also those that demand graphics. Please people suggest me some laps and thanks you for you time if you read this.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Look out at eurocom or sager

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Asus.. Their RoG are actually built to game unlike most other brands.. A lot of these brands are OBSESSED with having a thin laptop with powerful hardware.. The draw back? They get fucking loud and uncomfortably hot under load..

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#4  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17796 Posts

You are better off getting a desktop PC with that budget. You can't really get decent performance out of a laptop with that budget. You have to spend around $1800-2000 USD to get a decent gaming laptop. GTX 970M would be the lowest GPU to get.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

@BassMan said:

You are better off getting a desktop PC with that budget. You can't really get decent performance out of a laptop with that budget. You have to spend around $1800-2000 USD to get a decent gaming laptop. GTX 970M would be the lowest GPU to get.

He can get this with a 970m for $1200

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8651-clevo-p650se-p-7690.html

edit: a word

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BassMan

@JigglyWiggly_ said:
@BassMan said:

He can this with a 970m for $1200

Wow. That is impressive. I will admit that I have not paid too much attention to laptop pricing lately, but I never expected to find a deal like that. There you go Jaguar, you have your laptop recommendation. The specs look good, the price is excellent, but do some research on the build quality. The screen quality is my main concern. You don't want to get stuck with a crappy panel like most budget laptops. The fact that it has a 4K screen is also a concern because of how small the screen is and how underpowered the laptop is for 4K. You will most likely be running games at 1080p and how well does that monitor upscale to 4K? So yeah, I would say it is a recommendation with reservations.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
@BassMan said:
@JigglyWiggly_ said:
@BassMan said:

Wow. That is impressive. I will admit that I have not paid too much attention to laptop pricing lately, but I never expected to find a deal like that. There you go Jaguar, you have your laptop recommendation. The specs look good, the price is excellent, but do some research on the build quality. The screen quality is my main concern. You don't want to get stuck with a crappy panel like most budget laptops. The fact that it has a 4K screen is also a concern because of how small the screen is and how underpowered the laptop is for 4K. You will most likely be running games at 1080p and how well does that monitor upscale to 4K? So yeah, I would say it is a recommendation with reservations.

You don't need to buy the 4k display with it, it has the option to come with a 1080p ips panel which is what he should go with. From what I've read, most people get around 1 hour more battery life on the 1080p ips than the 4k display.

The build quality on Sager laptops are good, I still have my old np8130 which is 4 years old now and it has held up well. Mine came with a 1080p TN screen but it still looks very good and overclocks to 95hz. They're just rebranded clevo laptops.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BassMan

@JigglyWiggly_ said:
@BassMan said:
@JigglyWiggly_ said:
@BassMan said:

You don't need to buy the 4k display with it, it has the option to come with a 1080p ips panel which is what he should go with. From what I've read, most people get around 1 hour more battery life on the 1080p ips than the 4k display.

The build quality on Sager laptops are good, I still have my old np8130 which is 4 years old now and it has held up well. Mine came with a 1080p TN screen but it still looks very good and overclocks to 95hz. They're just rebranded clevo laptops.

The main page is misleading. It advertises the 4K display like it is a core feature when it is just an option. I would definitely go with the 1080p screen for sure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@JigglyWiggly_ said:
@BassMan said:
@JigglyWiggly_ said:
@BassMan said:

Yeah but what about the cooling on the system? Many of these laptops are not comfortable to use for extended periods of times due to the fact they have substandard cooling in them making them uncomfortable and loud to use... I don't get why these companies are trying to jam such powerful pieces of hardware in such thin laptops when the hardware basically makes them a desktop replacement..

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JigglyWiggly_

@sSubZerOo said:
@JigglyWiggly_ said:
@BassMan said:
@JigglyWiggly_ said:
@BassMan said:

Yeah but what about the cooling on the system? Many of these laptops are not comfortable to use for extended periods of times due to the fact they have substandard cooling in them making them uncomfortable and loud to use... I don't get why these companies are trying to jam such powerful pieces of hardware in such thin laptops when the hardware basically makes them a desktop replacement..

Clevos don't throttle, you can check notebook review forums for any particular model. As for heat under it, on my np8130 is not bad. You shouldn't be using a laptop on your lap, use a table anyway. For web browsing it won't get hot, but you shouldn't be playing games on your lap

My np8130 has quite a lot of overclocking headroom. I did +150mhz on the cpu and +400mhz on the memory. The cpu has a lot of OC headroom too, but I need a 2920xm for that. Prema makes custom bios for Clevo based laptops so you can oc xm cpus.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@JigglyWiggly_ said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@JigglyWiggly_ said:
@BassMan said:
@JigglyWiggly_ said:
@BassMan said:

Clevos don't throttle, you can check notebook review forums for any particular model. As for heat under it, on my np8130 is not bad. You shouldn't be using a laptop on your lap, use a table anyway. For web browsing it won't get hot, but you shouldn't be playing games on your lap

My np8130 has quite a lot of overclocking headroom. I did +150mhz on the cpu and +400mhz on the memory. The cpu has a lot of OC headroom too, but I need a 2920xm for that. Prema makes custom bios for Clevo based laptops so you can oc xm cpus.

I wasn't even talking about throttling, I was more talking about how loud many of these laptops get.. And how uncomfortably hot these laptops get with your hands resting on the laptop it self.. The vast majority of these gaming laptops imo are absolute garbage because they are obsessed with cramming these higher end hardware within a body less than a inch thick with crap ass cooling.. These laptops are desktop replacements, they need to start building them as such with a thicker body with a quality cooling system that keeps it cool to the touch and quiet..

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JigglyWiggly_

@sSubZerOo said:
@JigglyWiggly_ said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@JigglyWiggly_ said:
@BassMan said:
@JigglyWiggly_ said:
@BassMan said:

I wasn't even talking about throttling, I was more talking about how loud many of these laptops get.. And how uncomfortably hot these laptops get with your hands resting on the laptop it self.. The vast majority of these gaming laptops imo are absolute garbage because they are obsessed with cramming these higher end hardware within a body less than a inch thick with crap ass cooling.. These laptops are desktop replacements, they need to start building them as such with a thicker body with a quality cooling system that keeps it cool to the touch and quiet..

Well it will make noise on load, only very thick laptops like the asus stay quiet. I'll take the clevo over an asus anyday though, better build quality on clevos and they look nicer. While gaming on mu np8130 the hand area stays around room temp. The heat is near the f1 key.

Unrelated but I plan to buy the aorus x3 v3 in about a month, although that's out of the op's budget. 14in lil beast.