Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

It's been some time. The last computer I have put together it's not much valid anymore for newer games so I decided it's time to build a new one. I did some research and honestly its little overwhelming, I could use some help from the folks that are up to date with latest and best money saving/performance parts. I'm leaning towards the AMD FX 6300 six core as it appears to be a good CPU for what I can afford and AMD Radeon R280x 3GB or Nvidia's GTX 770 but I would go lower to accommodate the price range I have set.

I'm looking for the parts that I can use and upgrade in future so the latest video card or top processor isn't on my must have now list.

I primary game on 1920x1080 res. 24"monitor and I try to have settings on medium-high without much of any extra features enabled.

Quick note, I'm in Canadian currency so the prices might be different.

Thank you for the help.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127500 Posts

@Sokol4ever: We made a change to the boards sometimes ago. Thus I'm moving this thread to AV Hardware. Now being an European without much knowledge about shops in Canada, I can't really help you. :( Hopefully someone else on this board can :)

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Appreciate it, I should had checked the hardware rules. :)

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@Sokol4ever said:

It's been some time. The last computer I have put together it's not much valid anymore for newer games so I decided it's time to build a new one. I did some research and honestly its little overwhelming, I could use some help from the folks that are up to date with latest and best money saving/performance parts. I'm leaning towards the AMD FX 6300 six core as it appears to be a good CPU for what I can afford and AMD Radeon R280x 3GB or Nvidia's GTX 770 but I would go lower to accommodate the price range I have set.

I'm looking for the parts that I can use and upgrade in future so the latest video card or top processor isn't on my must have now list.

I primary game on 1920x1080 res. 24"monitor and I try to have settings on medium-high without much of any extra features enabled.

Quick note, I'm in Canadian currency so the prices might be different.

Thank you for the help.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/NHTxdC the best I could do.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts
@PredatorRules said:

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/NHTxdC the best I could do.

@Sokol4ever: This is among the best you can do with $600ish budget.

Just a suggestion. Keep your money till you can spend around $100 more.

You can buy an i5 4440 and a GTX 960 instead of an i3 and GTX750ti. Its like 100% more performance for 15% more money.