your worst cold ever?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by danlevm (289 posts) -

I have not been sick in years, but I caught a nasty cold... freezing then sweating, eyes hurt, nose is running, body aches , fever, its been two days like this......i drank friday even though i was feeling pretty sick might of made things worse....

whats your worst cold? ever had the flu?

#2 Posted by vfibsux (4461 posts) -

Sounds more like the flu dude. Be careful, H1N1 is out this year.

#3 Posted by danlevm (289 posts) -

I thought it was the flu, but it came on gradually, like tired a few days than it got worse... the flu usually hits you like a ton of bricks, if I am not mistaken..

#4 Edited by vfibsux (4461 posts) -

@danlevm said:

I thought it was the flu, but it came on gradually, like tired a few days than it got worse... the flu usually hits you like a ton of bricks, if I am not mistaken..

Flu comes in many forms. Fever would be the big one for me, not common with a cold.

Swine Flu Symptoms

People who have swine flu can be contagious one day before they have any symptoms, and as many as 7 days after they get sick. Kids can be contagious for as long as 10 days.

Most symptoms are the same as seasonal flu. They can include:

• cough
  • fever
  • sore throat
  • stuffy or runny nose
  • body aches
  • headache
  • chills
  • fatigue

Like seasonal flu, swine flu can lead to more serious complications, includingpneumonia and respiratory failure. And it can make conditions like diabetes orasthma worse. If you have symptoms like shortness of breath, severe vomiting,abdominal pain, dizziness, or confusion, call your doctor or 911 right away.

#5 Posted by Dogswithguns (10987 posts) -

I had these:

freezing then sweating,my head hot but feels cold in side, eyes hurt, watery eyes, body aches, headache, fever, fatigue.. and cough.

I didn't have runny nose, didn't have sorethroat.. but my throat seemed dried.

I feel kinna better now, I have been eating lots of homemade hot soup, and tangerines. drinks warm tea. .. I never been so sick like this in years. I sick every year but never this bad.

#6 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I don't know. I can't remember the last time I was sick.

#7 Posted by PcGamingRig (7248 posts) -

sounds like the flu.

But my worst cold was probably recently, completely blocked up for about 4 weeks with a sore throat and a cough also. would have been worried about it going on so long if it hadn't been for others having it also.

#8 Edited by konvikt_17 (22378 posts) -

Got a bad case of the flu in 08 i think.

was horrible, and to make things worse, we were in the process of moving into our new house.

id move one box from the truck to the house, and be comepletely exhausted. i felt useless.

was a horrible few days.

#9 Posted by Kevlar101 (6284 posts) -

I had the Flu recently. About 2 weeks ago. It's mostly gone, but the cough is just now starting to go away, along with the sore throat.

#10 Posted by danlevm (289 posts) -

i think its the flu that i have.....took dayquil flu/cold and fever is gone..... throat is dry as hell...not really liking being sick

#11 Posted by perphekt (1096 posts) -

I'm not sure if it constitutes as a 'cold' persay. However i'm a huge baby when it comes to a soar throat.
But i did once upon a time get strep throat two times in a year. Only a few months apart. I got it, i got it taken care of, got meds, took said meds, got better. Got sick again a couple months later with the SAME thing.

And strep is a real downer. :(

#12 Posted by -Renegade (8340 posts) -

ive had the flu before but the worst pain/discomfort i ever felt was when i caught this stomach virus. only had it for basically one day but that day i had it i wanted to kill myself. if i had a shot gun i would have shot myself it was that bad. my whole body was aching, i was throwing up food and my stomach felt like a tornado was turning inside. i couldnt walk and couldnt eat anything.

#13 Posted by bowchicka07 (1104 posts) -

I've had a serious cade of strep throat before if that counts,

I had painful fever dreams, no energy and balance. all of the cold symptoms and some serious insomnia.

#14 Posted by sukraj (24425 posts) -

Ive just had the Shingles and I was sick for over a week it took it out of me I lost my appetite and I felt cold and then hot.

#15 Posted by spaceninja818 (425 posts) -

I had the worst flu not too long ago. I had difficulty breathing as if something was blocking my lungs. Imagine trying to breathe through a thin straw while coughing, sneezing and having a soar throat. That's what it was like for me. I drove to hospital at around 4am because I couldn't take it anymore. I think I was going like 140mph on streets when it happened. Thankfully, the streets were empty at that time. When the doctor finally came, the first thing I asked was if I was going to die a slow and painful death. The doctor couldn't stop laughing when I said that. He prescribed me with some medicine. I was feeling much better a few days later.

#16 Edited by Cyberdot (3926 posts) -

I'm having one right now.