Your Favorite You Tube Channels

• 51 results
#1 Posted by thehig1 (1995 posts) -

I watch less and less TV now a days, apart from watching live Sport, TV is pretty much useless to me.

Most of my Entertainment I watch is Via online services like Netflix or You Tube.

On You tube there are some pretty good channels, and some some shows that people put a lot of effort into.

So what You Tube channels do you like and subscribe to ?

I'll start by naming a few of my favorites, these channels I always look forward to new videos they produce.

1) NigaHiga - The channel of Ryan Higa, he videos are wide variety of comedy sketches and video blogs, hes one of the most famous You Tubers with over 12 Million subscribers

2) JacksFilms - There most popular show is called "Your Grammar Sucks" which includes comedy sketches were they read out some of the most bizarre and poorly written you tube comments.

3) Matthew Santoro - He makes comedy Videos about cool real life facts, normally in top 10 format

4) CinemaSins - An OCD like look at films, quickly listing humorous plot holes, continuity errors etc.

5) JaclynGlenn - Videos about social issues and Atheism, normally sarcastic.

The next 5 channels are all gaming related

1) The Game Theorists - Awesome channel, videos about how theories from Video games would translate to real life.

2) JonTron - A game reviewer likely influenced by James Rolfe, there are 1000s of these on Youtube but I still love watching them, especially when there well made.

3) Brutalmoose - More gaming reviews, he also does Top 5s and films his adventurous to gaming events

4) Markipiler - He plays a lot of Horror Indie games, and his reactions can be hilarious, also does some Let's plays and comedy sketches and animations.

5) The Scatsbury - Game play videos with funny commentary, mostly known for his series of Skyrim Videos.

#2 Posted by jasean79 (2374 posts) -

1) Buff Dudes - They offer great workout tips and healthy eating. They crack me up with some of the commentary.

2) Jabbawockeez - Awesome dance crew. Love watching their performances.

3) Charlie Zeleny - The best drummer on YouTube that I've seen. This guy is amazing.

4) Inside Gaming - I love their videos where they mock the games while playing them. Reminds me of 'Mystery Science Theater 3000', but with video games.

5) Prank vs Prank - boyfriend and girlfriend that play random pranks on each other for the hell of it. Some of these are priceless

#3 Edited by br0kenrabbit (12985 posts) -

Numberphile - As its channel description says, videos about numbers.

MinutePhysics - Physics in a minute or few.

The Floating University - Science and other interesting things.

SciShow - More science.

K, enough science.

AngryJoeShow - Games, movies and stuff.

Cinemassacre - You know this one, or you should.

League Of Super Critics - More games, movies and stuff.

#4 Posted by thehig1 (1995 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

1) Buff Dudes - They offer great workout tips and healthy eating. They crack me up with some of the commentary.

3) Charlie Zeleny - The best drummer on YouTube that I've seen. This guy is amazing.

4) Inside Gaming - I love their videos where they mock the games while playing them. Reminds me of 'Mystery Science Theater 3000', but with video games.

5) Prank vs Prank - boyfriend and girlfriend that play random pranks on each other for the hell of it. Some of these are priceless

I'l chech them out, I already know Prank vs Prank I'll re add it to my favorites I love it

@br0kenrabbit said:

The Floating University - Science...stuff.

SciShow - More science.

K, enough science.

Science Stuff is awesome though ;)

#5 Edited by br0kenrabbit (12985 posts) -
@thehig1 said:

Yes. I used to watch History Channel, The Learning Channel, etc., when they showed educational programs, and PBS Nova before the Koch brothers took it over, but that was all long, long ago. Thank goodness Youtube is here to save the day!

Seriously, I cut cable years ago, and when my TV comes on it's either because I'm watching a movie or watching YouTube.

#6 Posted by uninspiredcup (8616 posts) -

1. OneyNG

2. Redlettermedia

That's all I can think of.

#7 Posted by Netret0120 (2150 posts) -

SpokenReasons

CinemaSins

EminemVevo

IGN

#9 Edited by bforrester420 (1600 posts) -
  1. BroScienceLife
  2. Dom Mazetti (Same dude as BroScience, both hilarious)
  3. CT Fletcher Motivation (get's me pumped before the gym...It's Still Yo Muthafuckin' Set)
  4. Strengthcamp (great general training information)
  5. Athlean-X (another great training channel)
#10 Posted by bforrester420 (1600 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

Buff Dudes are pretty good. You should check out Athlean-X. CT Fletcher is great for motivation.

#11 Edited by Kevlar101 (6144 posts) -
  • SciShow
  • VSauce
  • Crash Course
  • Rhett & Link (and Good Mythical Morning, which is by the same guys.)
  • Markiplier
  • AngryJoeShow
  • Buzzfeed
#12 Posted by Allicrombie (25197 posts) -

I don't watch a lot of Youtube, but UCBerkeley has a great channel, with a variety of course lectures covering many subjects.

#13 Edited by br0kenrabbit (12985 posts) -

@Allicrombie said:

I don't watch a lot of Youtube

#14 Posted by jasean79 (2374 posts) -

@bforrester420: yep, I'm subscribed to Athlean-X too.

#15 Posted by bforrester420 (1600 posts) -

@jasean79: You lift heavy? What's your favorite lift?

#16 Edited by Korvus (3806 posts) -

People actually regularly watch YT channels? I just search what I want, hit the first result, and if it's not what I want hit the second result and so on...don't even have a YT account.

#17 Posted by Allicrombie (25197 posts) -

@korvus said:

People actually regularly watch YT channels? I just search what I want, hit the first result, and if it's not what I want hit the second result and so on...don't even have a YT account.

I watch classic game shows on there at night. =P

#18 Posted by jasean79 (2374 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

I weight train, yes. Favorite lift? Probably the leg press. I did 12 45-lb plates a couple of weeks ago. Most I ever did and I have bad knees!

#19 Posted by bforrester420 (1600 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@bforrester420 said:

I weight train, yes. Favorite lift? Probably the leg press. I did 12 45-lb plates a couple of weeks ago. Most I ever did and I have bad knees!

Leg press doesn't count. I tease a buddy that until he squats, he's training "legs" (and I do air quotes when I say it).

I used to love to squat and deadlift. Hell, for two years I did 4 days of cardio a week and squatted and deadlifted every Wednesday...no upper body work. I got pretty strong on the squat, set a PR of 465lbs @ 190lbs two years ago. I injured my back (SI joint, not a disk fortunately) on a "light" squat (3rd set of 10 @ 315) and haven't squatted heavy since. I always wanted to squat 500 once.

Either Military press or bent-over barbell row is my favorite now.

#20 Posted by Korvus (3806 posts) -

@Allicrombie: True, I've done that with a few shows I can't find anymore or stuff I can't be bothered to download, but I don't really still to a particular channel or anything. Just search and click whatever channel has it in better resolution =P

#21 Posted by jasean79 (2374 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

@jasean79 said:

@bforrester420 said:

Leg press doesn't count. I tease a buddy that until he squats, he's training "legs" (and I do air quotes when I say it).

I used to love to squat and deadlift. Hell, for two years I did 4 days of cardio a week and squatted and deadlifted every Wednesday...no upper body work. I got pretty strong on the squat, set a PR of 465lbs @ 190lbs two years ago. I injured my back (SI joint, not a disk fortunately) on a "light" squat (3rd set of 10 @ 315) and haven't squatted heavy since. I always wanted to squat 500 once.

Well, you said "heavy" and that's the heaviest muscle group that I train - legs. I do squat and deadlift, but not very much. Like I said, I have bad knees, so I go more for reps than weight on those.

I'm with you on the bent-over barbell row, too. I also like incline dumbbell press to really work chest.

#22 Edited by Jeager_Titan (947 posts) -

@Allicrombie said:

I don't watch a lot of Youtube, but UCBerkeley has a great channel, with a variety of course lectures covering many subjects.

Huh took the AI and the Graphics course in edx under them. they were really good.

#23 Posted by Allicrombie (25197 posts) -

@jeager_titan said:

@Allicrombie said:

Huh took the AI and the Graphics course in edx under them. they were really good.

yeah edx and future learn are both great. I prefer Coursera though, just because of the format.

#24 Edited by Kevlar101 (6144 posts) -

I got 36 out of 50.

72% correct.

Not too bad.

#25 Edited by Jeager_Titan (947 posts) -

@Allicrombie said:

@jeager_titan said:

@Allicrombie said:

yeah edx and future learn are both great. I prefer Coursera though, just because of the format.

Lol coursera made me greedy. took 30 or more CS course. Learning Human Computer Interactions now.

#26 Posted by Allicrombie (25197 posts) -

@jeager_titan said:

@Allicrombie said:

@jeager_titan said:

@Allicrombie said:

Lol coursera made me greedy. took 30 or more CS course. Learning Human Computer Interactions now.

thats great lol. never hurts to learn stuff.

#27 Posted by thecruzan (94 posts) -

The Crew( Which consists of KYR Sp33dy, Nobody Epic, Deluxe 4, and many others.)

Dormtainment

Timothy DeLaGhetto

I can't think of many others.

#28 Edited by thehig1 (1995 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:
@thehig1 said:

Yes. I used to watch History Channel, The Learning Channel, etc., when they showed educational programs, and PBS Nova before the Koch brothers took it over, but that was all long, long ago. Thank goodness Youtube is here to save the day!

Seriously, I cut cable years ago, and when my TV comes on it's either because I'm watching a movie or watching YouTube.

Yeah I've cut sky TV which was costing £70 per month for full package of all entertainment, movies and sports. There was a point I realized I was watching you tube way more so I stopped wasting money on Sky TV.

Started watching some of SciShow just watched a Video called "The Truth about Gingers"

#29 Posted by sukraj (22775 posts) -

IGN

Gamespot

Gametrailers

Rad Brad

#30 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71742 posts) -
  • Amazing Atheist
  • Jaclyn Glenn
  • IGN
  • Gamespot
  • The Young Turks
  • GameOverGreggy show
#31 Edited by jasean79 (2374 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:
  • Amazing Atheist
  • Jaclyn Glenn
  • IGN
  • Gamespot
  • The Young Turks
  • GameOverGreggy show

I'm surprised "Bill Maher" isn't on that list. :D

#32 Edited by bforrester420 (1600 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@jasean79 said:

@bforrester420 said:

Well, you said "heavy" and that's the heaviest muscle group that I train - legs. I do squat and deadlift, but not very much. Like I said, I have bad knees, so I go more for reps than weight on those.

I'm with you on the bent-over barbell row, too. I also like incline dumbbell press to really work chest.

I'm a big fan of incline dumbells too. I've kind of slowed down on chest training though. I did too much pressing when I was a teenager because, well, bench press was always one of those ego lifts. I try to do two pulls for every press these days. I also like weighted dips quite a bit.

#33 Posted by girlshavefuntoo (120 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:
  • Amazing Atheist
  • Jaclyn Glenn
  • IGN
  • Gamespot
  • The Young Turks
  • GameOverGreggy show

He has a youtube channel?

#34 Posted by jasean79 (2374 posts) -

@girlshavefuntoo said:

@jasean79 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:
  • Amazing Atheist
  • Jaclyn Glenn
  • IGN
  • Gamespot
  • The Young Turks
  • GameOverGreggy show

He has a youtube channel?

Real Time with Bill Maher

#35 Posted by BritishBeauties (6 posts) -

Our youtube channel is great if you're into Modelling/British Beauties

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp4E2e7N-ax0l-9NKirdqFw

#36 Posted by KiIIyou (27146 posts) -

Outta all that I subscribe to my fave of em is strengthcamp

I have a few Yogscast channels on there too, also

#37 Edited by bforrester420 (1600 posts) -

@KiIIyou said:

Outta all that I subscribe to my fave of em is strengthcamp

I have a few Yogscast channels on there too, also

Elliot Hulse knows his stuff.

#38 Posted by flazzle (6488 posts) -

Mark Kermode : movie reviewer. It's great and unintentionally funny

Collative Learning: movie analysis

#39 Posted by themajormayor (25791 posts) -

PewDiePie, Smosh, JennaMarbles, NigaHiga

#40 Posted by themajormayor (25791 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

SciShow - More science.

K, enough science.

Why are you not listing sixtysymbols? I find numberphile pretty dull tbh. But sixtysymols is pretty interesting.

How can you stand angryjoe though?

#41 Posted by benleslie5 (7844 posts) -
  • Game Grumps
  • Nostalgia Critic
  • Caddicarus
#42 Posted by Boddicker (2732 posts) -

I watch the SpoonyExperiment and the AngryJoeShow.

#43 Posted by yokofox33 (29662 posts) -

No love for Smooth McGroove? His acapella video game songs are awesome.

#44 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12985 posts) -

@themajormayor said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

SciShow - More science.

K, enough science.

Why are you not listing sixtysymbols? I find numberphile pretty dull tbh. But sixtysymols is pretty interesting.

How can you stand angryjoe though?

Yeah I forgot Sixtysymbols, lol.

And AngryJoe is funny.

#45 Posted by ChiefvsGordon (1085 posts) -

He gives great tips, inspirational speeches and he is hilarious.

#46 Posted by Glitter (353 posts) -
  • Some Guy 827
  • Black Buster Show
  • Mr. Repzion
  • Shokio
#47 Posted by BranKetra (48604 posts) -
  • Machinima
  • GameSpot for "Top 5 Skyrim Mods of the Week"
  • ss4shenlong for fighting game music

There are various exercise YouTubers I watch as well because I like to keep things varied. Muscle confusion works.

#48 Posted by Legend002 (7157 posts) -

WatchMojo.com

AMC Theatres

HappyConsoleGamer

WatchMojo for awesome top ten list, AMC for Jedi Council/movie talk and HCG for retrospective of old games from their own personal experience.

#49 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3293 posts) -

AngryJoeShow

Screen Junkies

MatchMojo

#50 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

These and especially JTV, have served my for years without TV.

hickok45 - Gun reviews

nutnfancy - Guns and gear reviews

wildernessoutfitters - Bushcraft and self reliance

GracieBreakdown - Jiu-Jitsu

Doug Benson - Getting high

ignoramusky - Funny cat videos

SmarterEveryDay - Science

Sixty Symbols - Physics and astronomy

Tested - Gadget testing

Shmee150 - Supercars

Amusing MEGAWIN TV - Funny Japanese guys

Taiwanese Animators - Animated news stories