Your Favorite TV Show Ever

• 58 results
#1 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2705 posts) -

"Rome is burning, he said, as he poured himself another drink. Yet, here I am knee deep in a river of pussy. Here it comes, she thought. Another self indulgent, whiskey soaked, diatribe about how fucking great everything was in the past. And how all us poor souls born too late to see the Stones at - wherever, or snort the good coke that they had at Studio 54 - well, we all just missed out on practically everything worth living for. And the worst part was, she agreed with him. Here we are, she thought, at the edge of the world - the very edge of western civilization and all of us are so desperate to feel something... anything... that we keep falling into each other and fucking our way toward the end of days."

Californication has been mine for a very long time. It's not the consistently best of shows -- season 5 was particularly rough, but that's what makes a favorite a favorite. What's your favorite show? Not what you think is the best. Your favorite. The one you go back to time and time again, the one that makes you feel all the feeliest of feels. What's that show for you?

#2 Posted by Iszdope (10441 posts) -

Seinfeld.

#3 Posted by 187umKILLAH (1414 posts) -

Game Of Thrones of course.

#4 Posted by johnd13 (8609 posts) -

@187umKILLAH said:

#5 Edited by sukraj (23441 posts) -

the simpsons

#6 Edited by hippiesanta (9945 posts) -

@187umKILLAH said:

#7 Posted by Tokeism (2340 posts) -

The Simpsons

#8 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36894 posts) -

Simpsons

#9 Posted by bowchicka07 (1075 posts) -

Breaking Bad.... you know my name. Epic shit.

Game of thrones, Sons of anarchy, and The Shield closely follow.

#10 Edited by KHAndAnime (14232 posts) -

Tough one. Really liked The Wire, I'll go with that. Caught the show while I was waiting for Season 5B of Breaking Bad, and I wasn't expecting to come across a show that I liked even more. Cohesive, expansive, dense, detailed, educational, realistic. Not realistic to the point of where the show could happen in real life, but the show pretty much dodges most typical TV commonalities. For example, there is no main character to follow, no "Captain Picard" of the ensemble we're given. Closest thing you're given to it is McNulty and he's not consistently in the show from start to finish. The status quo changes so much that the show never stagnates around one subject or idea. The character developments are impeccable too - I don't think I've seen any show with as many wonderful character arcs.

#11 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1750 posts) -

Breaking Bad

close seconds: Arrested Development, Always Sunny, The Simpsons, and Game of Thrones.

#12 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28193 posts) -

The Sopranos
The Wire
Breaking Bad
Friday Night Lights

#13 Posted by Master_Live (15282 posts) -

Probably Seinfeld.

#14 Posted by Namgis (3591 posts) -

Star Trek:TNG.

#15 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Scrubs.

#16 Posted by konvikt_17 (22308 posts) -

Fringe

#17 Posted by Stranger_36 (481 posts) -

Dexter.

#18 Edited by Detroit222 (5317 posts) -

Night Court

Barney Miller

Star Trek DS9

Babylon 5

Big Bang Theory

But when I'm feeling depressed, I prefer to watch cartoons. One good chuckle and I'm back.

#19 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26613 posts) -

Doctor Who or Game of Thrones depending on the day.

#20 Posted by elkoldo (1253 posts) -

Alfred Hitchcock presents

#21 Posted by uninspiredcup (10017 posts) -

Hard qeastion. Toss up between Deep Space 9 and Breaking Bad.

#22 Edited by zeroyaoi (1934 posts) -

The Good Wife. One of the few shows that has managed to make me emotional.

"Dramatics, Your Honor" was too much for me. );

#23 Posted by jg4xchamp (49245 posts) -

The Wire

#24 Edited by sammyjenkis898 (28193 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

The Wire

Your avatar/sig. Yes.

#25 Posted by jg4xchamp (49245 posts) -

Right?

Blows my mind how good that show is Sammy. Blows my mind. It makes no sense

-based on a movie guy
-on basic cable
-on NBC
-On The National Broadcasting Company
-On Friday Nights

The only way any of this makes sense sammy is if we accept that this is a long con(snipes gave me this idea) where right when Hannibal is about to enter orgasm territory of excellence, they fucking cancel it.

#26 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28193 posts) -

It's up there with the best television currently on the air. Might even be my favorite. Last season was good, but this season has been fucking fantastic. I'm just constantly blown away by the quality. And the cinematography.

I love, love, love it. Hoping that, if it does get cancelled, another station will pick it up.

#27 Edited by SaintLeonidas (26613 posts) -

Show is shit.

#28 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28193 posts) -

Get out of here, Saint. Go tell someone else about Under the Skin.

Asshole.

#29 Edited by SaintLeonidas (26613 posts) -

@sammyjenkis898 said:

Asshole.

#30 Edited by jg4xchamp (49245 posts) -

@sammyjenkis898 said:

It's up there with the best television currently on the air. Might even be my favorite. Last season was good, but this season has been fucking fantastic. I'm just constantly blown away by the quality. And the cinematography.

I love, love, love it. Hoping that, if it does get cancelled, another station will pick it up.

Yeah man, it's my pick right now of what's best on air.

Mad Men is already one foot out the door, Justified had a weak(but oh my god the finale sets up such a good finish), The Americans-True Detective are/were legit, but I'd still rather watch Hannibal if it comes down to it. All the actors are fantastic, and the cinematography is impressive.

Sometimes it's a little overkill, but others like Will's face transforming into um the crucifix stuff, was pretty dope. The symbols behind how the deaths are presented. Plus Mads Mikkelson was totally put on this earth to play creepy people.

#31 Edited by sammyjenkis898 (28193 posts) -

@SaintLeonidas said:

@sammyjenkis898 said:

Asshole.

I can't stay Mad at you.

#32 Posted by ferrari2001 (17150 posts) -

I can't pick just one. I can narrow it down though.. Dr. Who, Game of Thrones, Firefly, and Stargate SG1

#33 Edited by SaintLeonidas (26613 posts) -

@sammyjenkis898 said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

@sammyjenkis898 said:

Asshole.

I can't stay Mad at you.

Ok, now there is just too much damn sexy in this thread.

#34 Posted by AFBrat77 (24156 posts) -

Breaking Bad and the original Twilight Zone with Rod Serling

#35 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16802 posts) -

*** Married With Children***

The three 80's and 90's Star Treks (TNG, DS9, Voyager)

Babylon 5

Spike TV's MXC

#36 Edited by bforrester420 (1761 posts) -

1a. Seinfeld

1b. Parks and Recreation

There are just too many to list...Futurama, 30 Rock, Archer, Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia...I could go on and on...

#37 Posted by Ballroompirate (23436 posts) -

Have to say it's a tie between

Game of Thrones

Stargate SG-1

Archer

Eureka

I love em all equally and they all can be considered as my fav tv show of all time.

#38 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3704 posts) -

Pretty Little Liars.

#39 Posted by Niff_T (6052 posts) -

The Wire

#40 Edited by themajormayor (25949 posts) -

I, Claudius maybe. I kinda want to say Rick and Morty but I'm biased by the present.

#41 Posted by Aljosa23 (25627 posts) -

The Simpsons season 1-10.

#42 Posted by Braun_Roid_Rage (720 posts) -

@sammyjenkis898 said:

The Sopranos

The Wire

Breaking Bad

Those plus The Shield & early Dexter seasons.

#43 Posted by JohnF111 (14103 posts) -

Game of Thrones, definitely a show with my exact requirements in it. I never understood the stereotype fantasy movies/shows where the good guys fight a long winded battle and kill the enemy. GOT just isn't like that, everyone dies or is suffering and even then no one is winning(apart from Daenerys by the looks of things).

#44 Edited by joehult (373 posts) -

Aqua teens.

If Simpsons would have called it quits around season 10, that would be were my vote would have went. But you cannot have more shit season than good seasons and still be considered the best.

#45 Posted by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -

-Miami Vice

-Fresh Prince of Bel Air

- Always Sunny in Philadelphia

- South Park

#46 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5913 posts) -

Clannad and Clannad After Story.

#47 Posted by Ryagan (521 posts) -

Scrubs.

#48 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20888 posts) -

Seinfeld and Lost are the first to pop into my head.

too many other to list though

#49 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6566 posts) -

Everybody Loves Raymond, Vicar of Dibley, King of Queens, Keeping Up Appearances

#50 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17645 posts) -

-Breaking Bad: Most epic drama ever.

-Archer: Funniest show ever IMO.

-Avatar: The Last Airbender: Easily one of the most brilliantly written shows ever made which is shocking considering it is a kids show. Definitely has the best written characters I have ever seen in a show with Uncle Iroh possibly being my fav character ever on TV.

Honorable mention here to Rick and Morty. This 1st season has been so amazingly funny (Rixty Minutes is one of the funniest episodes I have ever seen on a TV show. Seriously at the level of Archer's Placebo Effect episode AKA RRAAAAMMPAAAGGEEE!). The only reason I don't feel comfortable calling it the best yet is because of how new it is and the fact that it has at least one more season coming.