yo American Horror Story has been pretty f*cked up this season

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
Is anyone watching? Can't wait for ep 6.
#2 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1774 posts) -
i stopped watching it after season 1 not exactly my kind of show :P My parents are in love with it though xD
#3 Posted by LZ71 (10289 posts) -
I watched the first season and enjoyed it for what it was, but sadly I haven't been able to catch this season. How does the second season compare to the first, in your opinion?
#4 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
I watched the first season and enjoyed it for what it was, but sadly I haven't been able to catch this season. How does the second season compare to the first, in your opinion?LZ71
I like it better, but it's also a bit (very) over the top on parts. Fun camp though, and definitely really disturbing in parts. End of ep 3 for one. A lot of s1 actors return (in different parts, it's a totally different story and setting) and the new ones are good as well (especially James Cromwell). If you liked 1 for what it was check out 2 eventually.
#5 Posted by LZ71 (10289 posts) -
[QUOTE="LZ71"]I watched the first season and enjoyed it for what it was, but sadly I haven't been able to catch this season. How does the second season compare to the first, in your opinion?MrPraline
I like it better, but it's also a bit (very) over the top on parts. Fun camp though, and definitely really disturbing in parts. End of ep 3 for one. A lot of s1 actors return (in different parts, it's a totally different story and setting) and the new ones are good as well (especially James Cromwell). If you liked 1 for what it was check out 2 eventually.

Glad to hear it still is good fun, I'll definitely get caught up soon. I really liked the idea of bouncing around between settings and plots every season, I was just hoping that it was able to maintain a consistent level of quality. Sounds like it has. Also glad some actors returned for the new season, I loved Lange last season.
#6 Posted by 6_Dead_360s (1663 posts) -

Lamp shades made of human skin...you can faintly make out two nipples on one of them.

Yeah, they went there.

#7 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="LZ71"]I watched the first season and enjoyed it for what it was, but sadly I haven't been able to catch this season. How does the second season compare to the first, in your opinion?LZ71

Glad to hear it still is good fun, I'll definitely get caught up soon. I really liked the idea of bouncing around between settings and plots every season, I was just hoping that it was able to maintain a consistent level of quality. Sounds like it has. Also glad some actors returned for the new season, I loved Lange last season.

Lange is one of the main characters again (a sadistic nun, lol). The other returnees are Zachary Quinto, the kid that played Tate, and 2 actresses that played minor roles in 1. The psychic and the wife of the doctor in the flashbacks (so vague, forgot their names). And yeah love the idea of different themes as well. It's already been renewed for a season 3, with a completely new story as well. And Lange of course.
#8 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -

Lamp shades made of human skin...you can faintly make out two nipples on one of them.

Yeah, they went there.

6_Dead_360s
Hah. That scene was f*cking creepy.
#9 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -
No, but I think my brother is watching it. I'll see if I can watch it with him.
#10 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14449 posts) -

For someone who's completely in the dark, what is the show about, anyway?

#11 Posted by jimkabrhel (15420 posts) -

Hallenbeck77

Crazy people doing fvcked up stuff. You know, regular horror, just on TV in a serialized form. From the creator of Glee.

#12 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -

Hallenbeck77
It's an anthology horror show created by Ryan Murphy that airs on FX. Every season is a different story. S1 was about a haunted house (despite the common theme it had some really disturbing content). S2 is about an asylum ran by the Catholic church in the 60s.
#13 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14449 posts) -

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

jimkabrhel

Crazy people doing fvcked up stuff. You know, regular horror, just on TV in a serialized form. From the creator of Glee.

Is there a story arc spread throughout the season, or is this more of an anthology type series?
#14 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

Hallenbeck77

Is there a story arc spread throughout the season, or is this more of an anthology type series?

Every season is one long story.
#15 Posted by konvikt_17 (22246 posts) -

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

jimkabrhel

that was unexpected.:P

#16 Posted by konvikt_17 (22246 posts) -

ive actually not seen this show.

might check it out eventually.

#17 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14449 posts) -
[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

MrPraline
It's an anthology horror show created by Ryan Murphy that airs on FX. Every season is a different story. S1 was about a haunted house (despite the common theme it had some really disturbing content). S2 is about an asylum ran by the Catholic church in the 60s.

I was on the fence when I heard that it was from the creator of Glee, (wasn't sure if that was true or not), but it can't possibly be any worse that what's on regular network tv right now. I'm so out of the loop when it comes to what's on. Just took a look on netflix and season one's there; might have to play catch-up this weekend and see for myself. Appreciate the heads-up.
#18 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
Season 1 didnt do much for me
#19 Posted by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -
It really has been. Makes me look at every nun and doctor differently!
#20 Posted by junglist101 (5462 posts) -

It's a great show but you really can't judge season 2 by watching season 1. They are entirely different. The only connection is some of the actors but had it been titled differently you would never make a connection between the two seasons. I think season 2 appeals to a broader audience where as season 1 was on the intriguing/weird side.

#21 Posted by whipassmt (14034 posts) -

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

MrPraline

I've never seen that show, but I've read about it in a magazine once (Entertainment Weekly). You get FX in the Netherlands?

#22 Posted by Blueresident87 (5339 posts) -

I watched the first season and enjoyed it for what it was, but sadly I haven't been able to catch this season. How does the second season compare to the first, in your opinion?LZ71

It's nothing compared to the first season. They're trying so hard to make it creepy and dark, but it isn't. It's almost comical at times and it has no charm compared to the first season. I am enjoying it, but not for the same reason that I liked the first.

I would watch the first season a second time, I won't ever watch this one again.

#23 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
6 was pretty good. Creepy child. :( Still loving Lily Rabe's role.