X-Men’ director accused of sexual assault

#1 Edited by uninspiredcup (8626 posts) -

BRYAN SINGER, the director of the forthcoming film “X-Men: Days of Future Past,” is being accused of sexually abusing a male teenager in a lawsuit filed Wednesday in Hawaii, The Wrap and Variety are reporting.

Michael Egan was named as the plaintiff in a news release from Egan’s attorneys. The lawsuit alleges, among other things, that Singer forcibly sodomized Egan in 1999, when Egan was 17. In the civil case, the suit also alleges that Singer flew Egan to Hawaii and gave him drugs and alcohol, according to court documents the Wrap says it obtained.

Marc Collins-Rector, former chairman of Digital Entertainment Network, is reportedly also named in the lawsuit. Collins-Rector is a registered sex offender since a 2004 guilty plea for crimes involving minors, Variety reports.

Jeff Herman, a lawyer for Egan, is the same attorney who represented plaintiffs in the sex-abuse litigation against former “Sesame Street” Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash.

Neither Singer nor his representatives have yet commented on the allegations.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2014/04/16/x-men-director-bryan-singer-accused-of-1999-sex-abuse-of-teen-boy/

#2 Edited by uninspiredcup (8626 posts) -

#3 Posted by Korvus (3810 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: This sort of "timely" lawsuits really make me lose any sense of sympathy for the people complaining...

#4 Edited by uninspiredcup (8626 posts) -

@korvus said:

@uninspiredcup: This sort of "timely" lawsuits really make me lose any sense of sympathy for the people complaining...

I agree. He was 17 as well. Not some 9 year old. Here (in the UK) that's pretty much an adult.

Smells abit of the old bullshit.

#5 Edited by Korvus (3810 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Not saying you can't get an adult drunk/drugged and then overpower him, but what's this guy's excuse? He went online last week and said "Hey! That's the guy who raped me 15 years ago!!! I've been searching for him all this time to press charges!"?

#6 Posted by hippiesanta (9866 posts) -

tis is why lgbt union sucks ....... attend their hollywierd gommorah dictator party and get drugged

#8 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17394 posts) -

Got into this in another topic. I call BS on this guy, and even if he did get raped he is stupid doing this 15 years after the fact.

There is zero chance of a conviction BTW...

#9 Posted by Masculus (2858 posts) -

I don't doubt it. Hollywood beats even the Church when it comes to pedophilia and all sorts of sexual perversions.

#10 Edited by uninspiredcup (8626 posts) -
@Masculus said:

I don't doubt it. Hollywood beats even the Church when it comes to pedophilia and all sorts of sexual perversions.

Woody Allen still walking around with his 9 year old adopted Asian daughter wife. I agree.

I don't want to point fingers and say someones guilty. But he's guilty.

#11 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26261 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:
@Masculus said:

I don't doubt it. Hollywood beats even the Church when it comes to pedophilia and all sorts of sexual perversions.

Woody Allen still walling around with his 9 year old adopted Asian daughter wife. I agree.

I don't want to point fingers and say someones guilty. But he's guilty.

So much ignorance in this comment it hurts, it literally hurts how stupid this is.

#12 Posted by toast_burner (21640 posts) -

I find it funny that people are calling him a paedophile. For starters what ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? And secondly paedophilia is the attraction to children who haven't started puberty yet (i.e under 11 years old) 17 is not only older that being a prepubescent child, it's also older that the age of consent. People misusing words like this diminishes their meaning.

Even he did indeed rape him then yeah that's horrible and he should do the time. However until he is proven to be guilty we must assume he is innocent.

#13 Edited by uninspiredcup (8626 posts) -

@SaintLeonidas said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@Masculus said:

I don't doubt it. Hollywood beats even the Church when it comes to pedophilia and all sorts of sexual perversions.

Woody Allen still walking around with his 9 year old adopted Asian daughter wife. I agree.

I don't want to point fingers and say someones guilty. But he's guilty.

So much ignorance in this comment it hurts, it literally hurts how stupid this is.

Woody and his wife agrees.

#14 Posted by iwilson1296 (2214 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@SaintLeonidas said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@Masculus said:

I don't doubt it. Hollywood beats even the Church when it comes to pedophilia and all sorts of sexual perversions.

Woody Allen still walking around with his 9 year old adopted Asian daughter wife. I agree.

I don't want to point fingers and say someones guilty. But he's guilty.

So much ignorance in this comment it hurts, it literally hurts how stupid this is.

Woody and his wife agrees.

pretty sure that's his daughter, cuz his wife is asian :/

#15 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26261 posts) -

@iwilson1296 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@SaintLeonidas said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@Masculus said:

I don't doubt it. Hollywood beats even the Church when it comes to pedophilia and all sorts of sexual perversions.

Woody Allen still walking around with his 9 year old adopted Asian daughter wife. I agree.

I don't want to point fingers and say someones guilty. But he's guilty.

So much ignorance in this comment it hurts, it literally hurts how stupid this is.

Woody and his wife agrees.

pretty sure that's his daughter, cuz his wife is asian :/

His posts just get dumber and dumber.

#16 Edited by uninspiredcup (8626 posts) -

@iwilson1296 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@SaintLeonidas said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@Masculus said:

I don't doubt it. Hollywood beats even the Church when it comes to pedophilia and all sorts of sexual perversions.

Woody Allen still walking around with his 9 year old adopted Asian daughter wife. I agree.

I don't want to point fingers and say someones guilty. But he's guilty.

So much ignorance in this comment it hurts, it literally hurts how stupid this is.

Woody and his wife agrees.

pretty sure that's his daughter, cuz his wife is asian :/

My friend, you are correct. Is is his (adopted daughter). Sadly, I'm also right.

#17 Edited by uninspiredcup (8626 posts) -

@SaintLeonidas said:

@iwilson1296 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@SaintLeonidas said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@Masculus said:

I don't doubt it. Hollywood beats even the Church when it comes to pedophilia and all sorts of sexual perversions.

Woody Allen still walking around with his 9 year old adopted Asian daughter wife. I agree.

I don't want to point fingers and say someones guilty. But he's guilty.

So much ignorance in this comment it hurts, it literally hurts how stupid this is.

Woody and his wife agrees.

pretty sure that's his daughter, cuz his wife is asian :/

His posts just get dumber and dumber.

It's his daughters, daughter to whome his daughter he is married too. Making it his grandchild, daughter?

Wha.

#18 Edited by SaintLeonidas (26261 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

@iwilson1296 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@SaintLeonidas said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@Masculus said:

I don't doubt it. Hollywood beats even the Church when it comes to pedophilia and all sorts of sexual perversions.

Woody Allen still walking around with his 9 year old adopted Asian daughter wife. I agree.

I don't want to point fingers and say someones guilty. But he's guilty.

So much ignorance in this comment it hurts, it literally hurts how stupid this is.

Woody and his wife agrees.

pretty sure that's his daughter, cuz his wife is asian :/

His posts just get dumber and dumber.

It's his daughters, daughter to whome his daughter he is married too. Making it his grandchild, daughter?

Wha.

Oh god, shut up, you moron. Allen is married to Soon Yi Previn. Soon Yi is not his biological daughter. Nor is she his adopted daughter. She was Mia Farrow's adopted daughter with another man, Andre Previn. Farrow and Allen where never married, so there is no relation between Allen and Soon Yi other than that she was the adopted daughter of a woman he had a relationship with.

#19 Edited by Boddicker (2736 posts) -

Who knows if there is any truth to this? Why did he wait 15 years?

#20 Edited by Aljosa23 (24957 posts) -

@LostProphetFLCL said:

Got into this in another topic. I call BS on this guy, and even if he did get raped he is stupid doing this 15 years after the fact.

There is zero chance of a conviction BTW...

Pretty sure there's no statue of limitations when it comes to sexual assault.

#21 Edited by uninspiredcup (8626 posts) -

@SaintLeonidas said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

@iwilson1296 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@SaintLeonidas said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@Masculus said:

I don't doubt it. Hollywood beats even the Church when it comes to pedophilia and all sorts of sexual perversions.

Woody Allen still walking around with his 9 year old adopted Asian daughter wife. I agree.

I don't want to point fingers and say someones guilty. But he's guilty.

So much ignorance in this comment it hurts, it literally hurts how stupid this is.

Woody and his wife agrees.

pretty sure that's his daughter, cuz his wife is asian :/

His posts just get dumber and dumber.

It's his daughters, daughter to whome his daughter he is married too. Making it his grandchild, daughter?

Wha.

Oh god, shut up, you moron. Allen is married to Soon Yi Previn. Soon Yi is not his biological daughter. Nor is she his adopted daughter. She was Mia Farrow's adopted daughter with another man,

My friend, you've convinced me. He's not a necrotic pederphile. Just a dude, who fell in love with a very, very, very young Asain girl (for an undetermined amount of time) which was discovered via hidden pornographic pictures.

Perfectly innocent. Dudes a genius. Made that thing with the people talking, but it's very witty so the talking is slightly less boring.

#22 Edited by LostProphetFLCL (17394 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

Got into this in another topic. I call BS on this guy, and even if he did get raped he is stupid doing this 15 years after the fact.

There is zero chance of a conviction BTW...

Pretty sure there's no statue of limitations when it comes to sexual assault.

It's not that. If no evidence collecting was done around the time of the crime, then there won't be any evidence. You can't test for the DNA or anything now. That small window of opportunity closed long ago.

On top of that, the defense just has to hammer hoe the fact that this happened 15 years ago, so no potential witnesses or testimony can be trustworthy considering 99.999% of people do not have a good enough memory to accurately remember something that happened 15 years ago...

#23 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@SaintLeonidas said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@Masculus said:

I don't doubt it. Hollywood beats even the Church when it comes to pedophilia and all sorts of sexual perversions.

Woody Allen still walking around with his 9 year old adopted Asian daughter wife. I agree.

I don't want to point fingers and say someones guilty. But he's guilty.

So much ignorance in this comment it hurts, it literally hurts how stupid this is.

Woody and his wife agrees.

That's extremely disturbing.

#24 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26261 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

@iwilson1296 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@SaintLeonidas said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@Masculus said:

I don't doubt it. Hollywood beats even the Church when it comes to pedophilia and all sorts of sexual perversions.

Woody Allen still walking around with his 9 year old adopted Asian daughter wife. I agree.

I don't want to point fingers and say someones guilty. But he's guilty.

So much ignorance in this comment it hurts, it literally hurts how stupid this is.

Woody and his wife agrees.

pretty sure that's his daughter, cuz his wife is asian :/

His posts just get dumber and dumber.

It's his daughters, daughter to whome his daughter he is married too. Making it his grandchild, daughter?

Wha.

Oh god, shut up, you moron. Allen is married to Soon Yi Previn. Soon Yi is not his biological daughter. Nor is she his adopted daughter. She was Mia Farrow's adopted daughter with another man,

My friend, you've convinced me. He's not a necrotic pederphile. Just a dude, who fell in love with a very, very, very young Asain girl (for an undetermined amount of time) which was discovered via hidden pornographic pictures.

Perfectly innocent. Dudes a genius. Made that thing with the people talking, but it's very witty so the talking is slightly less boring.

Not sure how a single charge, in which he was never found guilty, and for which every circumstance besides two anger driven accusations, points to it being not true has anything to do with him falling for and marrying a 19 year old.

#25 Posted by EatShanna (875 posts) -

Isn't Singer infamous for having a harem of 'twinks' at his mansion?

This doesn't surprise me, Hollywood is a den of depravity where people with dreams of making it big in the industry are exploited on a regular basis.

#26 Edited by BattleSpectre (6128 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

#27 Posted by ferrari2001 (16918 posts) -

For the love of me I can't figure out why the hell someone would wait 15 years to accuse someone of sexual assault. Smells awfully fishy to me.

#28 Posted by Flubbbs (3093 posts) -

not really suprising.. Hollywood is full of sexual pervert sodomites

#29 Posted by StrifeDelivery (1561 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

Got into this in another topic. I call BS on this guy, and even if he did get raped he is stupid doing this 15 years after the fact.

There is zero chance of a conviction BTW...

Pretty sure there's no statue of limitations when it comes to sexual assault.

But this is a civil case, not a criminal one it seems. And yes, I do believe that there are some statue of limitations regarding sexual crimes.

#30 Edited by -Renegade (8340 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@korvus said:

@uninspiredcup: This sort of "timely" lawsuits really make me lose any sense of sympathy for the people complaining...

I agree. He was 17 as well. Not some 9 year old. Here (in the UK) that's pretty much an adult.

Smells abit of the old bullshit.

@Boddicker said:

Who knows if there is any truth to this? Why did he wait 15 years?

@ferrari2001 said:

For the love of me I can't figure out why the hell someone would wait 15 years to accuse someone of sexual assault. Smells awfully fishy to me.

probably was embarrassed by the whole ordeal, most men who get raped don't report it. could have also been pushed to come forward so that stinger doesnt continue to get away with this.

edit:

According to Egan, he remembered Singer years later through repressed memory therapy (which has been shown to be false at times, admittedly). He had apparently blocked Singer and others out. That is what it comes down to.

And Egan says him and his mother went to the police at the time and nothing came of it (not surprising).

The reason the lawsuit is coming forward now has nothing to do with getting publicity from Singer's movie. The statute of limitations for the assaults that happened in California is long over; however, Hawaii - where some of the other assaults took place - has just now extended their statute of limitations by two years.

#31 Edited by -Renegade (8340 posts) -

not only did singer hang around a convicted pedofile(collins rector) but this isnt the first time he was accused of something like this. wouldnt surprise me if this turned out to be true.

http://defamer.gawker.com/bryan-singers-obsession-with-barely-legal-boys-was-an-o-1564367291

looks like he liked them young

#33 Edited by hippiesanta (9866 posts) -

@-Renegade said:

looks like he liked them young