X-Men: Apocalypse Annouced!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Chutebox (35687 posts) -

Link

Didn't see this on front page, so unless I'm extra late...

Fucking stoked! I REALLY hope they do Apocalypse right. First Spider Man trailer was awesome and now this announcement, love it!

#2 Posted by lamprey263 (21022 posts) -

meh, as much as I don't care I'm sure I'll find myself watching this, at least I enjoyed First Class some so maybe I might enjoy it

#3 Edited by BranKetra (46522 posts) -

Another X-Men film is welcome, but if they continue to be made then I would like some on-screen collaboration with the Avengers to bolster both teams.

#4 Posted by Namgis (3510 posts) -

I'll reserve judgement until after DoFP. We may want this movie now, but if the new X-Men flick tanks, I'll be less enthused for Apocalypse. Intriguing for sure, but Singer's past is rife with mediocrity.

#5 Posted by ad1x2 (5236 posts) -

Another X-Men film is welcome, but if they continue to be made then I would like some on-screen collaboration with the Avengers to bolster both teams.

Not going to happen as long as Disney is publishing the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Fox is publishing X-Men. Since Marvel has their own movie studio now it may happen eventually but probably not with the current X-Men cast.

#6 Posted by BranKetra (46522 posts) -

@ad1x2 said:

@BranKetra said:

Not going to happen as long as Disney is publishing the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Fox is publishing X-Men. Since Marvel has their own movie studio now it may happen eventually but probably not with the current X-Men cast.

I wonder why those two companies cannot simply work together.

#8 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

I'm excited

#9 Edited by sammyjenkis898 (27837 posts) -

#10 Posted by johnd13 (7357 posts) -

I like Marvel movies and superheroes in general so I welcome this announcement.

#11 Posted by Chutebox (35687 posts) -

@ad1x2 said:

@BranKetra said:

Which is why sooner or later you can bet on a Xmen and Fantastic Four crossover.

#12 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14087 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@ad1x2 said:

@BranKetra said:

Which is why sooner or later you can bet on a Xmen and Fantastic Four crossover.

Being that Fox currently owns the rights to both film franchises, it's just a matter of time. And if this story from The Hollywood Reporter is any indication, it'll be that much sooner.

#13 Posted by Big_Pecks (5108 posts) -

It's a bit early to have this greenlit unless Days of Future Past is really good.

#14 Posted by Chutebox (35687 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@ad1x2 said:

@BranKetra said:

Being that Fox currently owns the rights to both film franchises, it's just a matter of time. And if this story from The Hollywood Reporter is any indication, it'll be that much sooner.

Yup, that as well as stories about the possibility last month is why I said it. It'll happen. I just hope FF doesn't suck hard, again.

#15 Posted by LittleMac19 (1521 posts) -

Hugh Jackman is a living legend.

#16 Posted by ferrari2001 (16298 posts) -

@ad1x2 said:

@BranKetra said:

Money! Fox doesn't make as much money if they work with Disney/Marvel to create a joint project. They will hold onto the film rights of X-Men and the Fantastic Four for as long as they are able and milk it for all that they can. Same with Sony with Spiderman.

#17 Posted by BranKetra (46522 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

@ad1x2 said:

@BranKetra said:

Money! Fox doesn't make as much money if they work with Disney/Marvel to create a joint project. They will hold onto the film rights of X-Men and the Fantastic Four for as long as they are able and milk it for all that they can. Same with Sony with Spiderman.

I know money is a factor. I am hoping that it is not the only one.

#18 Edited by chessmaster1989 (28624 posts) -
#19 Edited by sammyjenkis898 (27837 posts) -
#20 Posted by chessmaster1989 (28624 posts) -
#21 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (27837 posts) -

@sammyjenkis898 said:

I still <3 you, chess. Always will.

How can you not like X-Men sammy? Yeah the movies are kind of dumb but it's X-Men!

We'll see how Singer's next one does, which admittedly I am looking forward to.

But this feels like overkill.

#22 Edited by chessmaster1989 (28624 posts) -

@chessmaster1989 said:
@sammyjenkis898 said:

I still <3 you, chess. Always will.

How can you not like X-Men sammy? Yeah the movies are kind of dumb but it's X-Men!

We'll see how Singer's next one does, which admittedly I am looking forward to.

But this feels like overkill.

They could probably make 100 more movies what with 40 years of X-men comics. :P

But I think Apocalypse was suppoed to be a good storyline. Glad to see they're adapting Days of Future Past as well, even though it looks like they're changing it some...

#23 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Should have wolverine cameo in every marvel movie, just like Stan Lee! In spiderman 2 he could help spiderman out, or even fight him!

#24 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10331 posts) -

I wonder who'll play Apocalypse? It'll have to be someone with a very strong, square jaw and a diesel physique.

#25 Posted by theycallmeRP (1656 posts) -

I wonder who'll play Apocalypse? It'll have to be someone with a very strong, square jaw and a diesel physique.

Liam Neeson would be good. Unless it's an origin story. Probably would need someone with more of an Egyptian ancestry.

#26 Posted by bobaban (10447 posts) -

I really hope its Age of Apocalypse storyline. One-eyed Cyke and one handed Wolvie would be sick.

#27 Posted by foxhound_fox (85306 posts) -

So long as those involved with the production of X3 are nowhere near the project, I will gladly see this.

#28 Posted by Aljosa23 (23618 posts) -

Wow way to shit on Days of Future Past's hype by annoucing this shit. Singer is a fvcking idiot.

#29 Posted by HuggyBear1020 (445 posts) -

#30 Edited by Shottayouth13- (6592 posts) -

So long as those involved with the production of X3 are nowhere near the project, I will gladly see this.

X3 and The Wolverine.

In fact, just get everybody from X-Men First Class to work on this, and all other X-Men projects. That was the best movie they put out.