WYR have a million dollars or be able to eat anything w/o getting fat?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll WYR have a million dollars or be able to eat anything w/o getting fat? (14 votes)

One million dollars 86%
Eat anything I want without getting fat 14%

Honestly, I'm really tempted to pick the option of eating anything I want without getting fat. Then again, one million dollars could be invested to make more money, and it could pay off student loans in a heartbeat and then some. I could get an awesome car. My gaming collection would also grow substantially. :P

Decisions decisions.

• 
Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#1 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

I can already eat to my limit without getting fat and even if I had a slower metabolism, I'd pick the million bucks in a heartbeat.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Lol this is not even a hard choice:-P

Million bucks anyday. No1 can love food THAT much

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

I have simple tastes. Million bucks please.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

I'm gonna go for the million bucks, I can eat anything I want without getting fat already.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

A million dollars is peanuts in this day and age, no way you could live off that in the long run. I'll go with eat anything you want and never get fat all day, everyday.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I would eat anything without getting fat.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

A million dollars is peanuts in this day and age, no way you could live off that in the long run. I'll go with eat anything you want and never get fat all day, everyday.

Bullshit. You could buy a substantial property outright for $500,000. buy a nice car and still have a few hundred thousand dollars left for weight loss surgery and god knows what else you wanted. Once you run out of money you simply continue working the day job knowing full well your driving to work in a Mercedes and driving home to an amazing house.

Id take that level of financial security over a burger.

Sure a Million dollars is small fry to some people but to others it has a far more life changing impact than simply being able to indulge.

Why not take the million dollars...and eat what you want...and just do a little exercise in the gym you could afford to build in your amazing house.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#8 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@always_explicit said:

@BattleSpectre said:

Bullshit. You could buy a substantial property outright for $500,000. buy a nice car and still have a few hundred thousand dollars left for weight loss surgery and god knows what else you wanted. Once you run out of money you simply continue working the day job knowing full well your driving to work in a Mercedes and driving home to an amazing house.

Sure a Million dollars is small fry to some people but to others it has a far more life changing impact than simply being able to indulge.

Why not take the million dollars...and eat what you want...and just do a little exercise in the gym you could afford to build in your amazing house.

This pretty much sums up what I was about to say XD

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Unless if you're already a millionaire, think of that million as a voucher to cover all your insurance/medical/electrical/whatever bills in your lifetime.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I already eat whatever I want and remain thin, so I'll take the million dollars.

*deep fries bacon and pickles*

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@korvus said:

@always_explicit said:

@BattleSpectre said:

This pretty much sums up what I was about to say XD

I'm sorry, but I'd still take the eat all you want and never get fat option. To each their own though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@BattleSpectre: Nothing to apologise for. It's your opinion and you're entitled to it. As a former fatass I can now eat all I want and stay at my target weight simply by not being a complete slob, but I could definitely use a millions bucks =P

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@always_explicit said:

@BattleSpectre said:

You buy a property for $500k, chances are you're looking at high property taxes and upkeep. Screw the nice car, I'll keep my current car and drive it until it kicks.

Smart thing to do would be to buy a decent property, pay off whatever ongoing debt you have, and then invest the rest. Investing is securing your future, not blowing it on things "because you can". Many a financial advisor would agree with me.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 always_explicit

@jasean79 said:

@always_explicit said:

@BattleSpectre said:

You buy a property for $500k, chances are you're looking at high property taxes and upkeep. Screw the nice car, I'll keep my current car and drive it until it kicks.

Smart thing to do would be to buy a decent property, pay off whatever ongoing debt you have, and then invest the rest. Investing is securing your future, not blowing it on things "because you can". Many a financial adviser would agree with me.

I wasn't saying what you should do merely what you could do, and that being a million dollars better off would open up a great deal more opportunities do do exactly what you want. You dont need a financial adviser to tell people investing is better than blowing it.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@always_explicit: You dont need a financial adviser to tell people investing is better than blowing it.

Some people, you do. lol

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 always_explicit

@jasean79 said:

@always_explicit: You dont need a financial adviser to tell people investing is better than blowing it.

Some people, you do. lol

Some people perhaps.

Then again if someone wants to blow their million dollars more power to them. Would be one hell of a trip to Vegas.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58911 Posts

You can eat anything without getting fat. As long as it's done moderation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@uninspiredcup: I'm thinking he also included "eating as much as you want"

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

i'd spend the million bucks all on fatty foods

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58911 Posts

I

@korvus said:

@uninspiredcup: I'm thinking he also included "eating as much as you want"

From the stuff I read, eating as much as you want can also be beneficial for weight. According to near enough every article, eating almost nothing will eventually put the body into starve mod and actually cause it to put effort into creating more fat. Likewise diet plans have specific "eat what you like" days in order to keep carbs and metabolism in check. Stuff like the amount of muscle you have and how active you are and what gender you are also effect weight. I'm by no means some fitness expert, but I've been on weight watchers on and off. The food they offer is ridiculously varied meals. I pretty much did eat whatever I want since all the meals listed are calorie controlled. According to my tablets weight tracker I went from 228lb to 197lb in four months. I'm still a fat ****, but it does appear to work. The great thing as well, here, in the UK, weight watchers isn't expensive. It works out at about £1/£2 a meal. Which is really cheap imo.

Perhaps it's a culture thing, I hear America is full of Mcdonalds and shit. But saying that, i'm from Scotland, one of the fattest countries in Europe.

Actually, checking the web, we are only second to murica'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-483997/Scotland-second-fattest-nation-world.html

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@uninspiredcup: Yeah, I went from weighing 115 kg (253lb) all the way down to 80kg(176lb) in a few months just by exercising mildly 2 or 3 times a week (sometimes even just going for a walk) and by stop eating an entire chocolate cake after every meal. The last few kg's I lost by completely skipping breakfast since I'm never hungry in the morning anyway. Been maintaining weight for close to 3 years now with no problem and I eat everything I want (although I try to avoid going in for seconds if possible)

Success stories are as varied as the amount of people who managed to lose weight =)

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

If taking the million dollars made me lose my good metabolism no thanks. I like grinding cheeseburgers

vidplayer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 vidplayer8
Member since 2006 • 18549 Posts

Definitely the million dollars. I would pay off loans and then invest some of it, and then save the rest.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Since I'm not fat and have no trouble staying slim, I'll take the million buck easily...