WWE Network question

#1 Posted by DarthGumballs (194 posts) -

So I just ordered WWE Network and I was under the impression you could watch episodes of RAW on demand 30 minutes after they air. Well When I go to RAW replays the newest episode is from January, so what's going on there? Is there seriously no way to watch RAW?

#2 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

This is all stuff you should have confirmed BEFORE making a purchase.

#3 Posted by DarthGumballs (194 posts) -

This is all stuff you should have confirmed BEFORE making a purchase.

It literally says you can watch RAW 30 minutes after it airs on WWE network, so how is that not confirmation? But I can't seem to find it....

#4 Posted by one_plum (6343 posts) -
#5 Posted by ad1x2 (5501 posts) -

I don't remember reading that you can watch Raw that soon after it airs but from what I gathered they don't start posting Raw and Smackdown until a few weeks after it airs. Probably has something to do with contract obligations with USA and SyFy. If you have Hulu Plus you can watch a 90 minute Raw and the entire episode of Smackdown a few hours after it airs.

You still get all of the PPVs for free so it's still a good deal if you're a wrestling fan. They have pretty much been on the ball all week with the Wrestlemania coverage. Since I canceled my cable a few weeks ago I just watch the live preshow and then watch the actual show on Hulu the following day.

#6 Posted by DarthGumballs (194 posts) -

@ad1x2 said:

I don't remember reading that you can watch Raw that soon after it airs but from what I gathered they don't start posting Raw and Smackdown until a few weeks after it airs. Probably has something to do with contract obligations with USA and SyFy. If you have Hulu Plus you can watch a 90 minute Raw and the entire episode of Smackdown a few hours after it airs.

You still get all of the PPVs for free so it's still a good deal if you're a wrestling fan. They have pretty much been on the ball all week with the Wrestlemania coverage. Since I canceled my cable a few weeks ago I just watch the live preshow and then watch the actual show on Hulu the following day.

Yeah I misread, it says original programming is available on demand 30 minutes after air. That's referring to the shows that air on WWE Network. Oh well, I have Dish and DVR RAW but it would've been convenient to watch via the WWE network.

#7 Edited by limpbizkit818 (15034 posts) -

It's something I would assume WWE would like to do in the future if the WWENetwork takes off. Right now they are locked into contracts with the TV Networks.

Good news is you can watch WM30 tomorrow without paying $85 to see it via PPV.

#8 Posted by PSP107 (11804 posts) -

It's something I would assume WWE would like to do in the future if the WWENetwork takes off. Right now they are locked into contracts with the TV Networks.

Since when did it jump to $85?

#9 Posted by The-Apostle (12166 posts) -

@PSP107 said:

@limpbizkit818 said:

Since when did it jump to $85?

I think he means $65.

#10 Posted by Netret0120 (2028 posts) -

I wonder if the network won't crash today from Wrestlemania 30. I will be one pissed off consumer if it does but I am sure they have worked out all the kinks from NXT arrival.