WWE Legend Ultimate Warrior has died.

• 52 results
#1 Edited by Randolph (10452 posts) -

Link. What the hell? He was just inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, and JUST appeared on Raw last night to address the fans directly. This is just so sudden, and the timing is eerie. No details on what exactly happened. Warrior was 54 years old and is survived by his wife and two daughters.

Especially given this part of his speech on Raw the other night.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever. "

#2 Posted by Iszdope (9645 posts) -

That's a damn shame. Used to be one of my goto characters on the old arcade game. He was tough.

RIP.

#3 Posted by Randolph (10452 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

That's a damn shame. Used to be one of my goto characters on the old arcade game. He was tough.

RIP.

Yeah, I made it all the way to Andre and Ted Dibiase with him and Hulk Hogan. I have this creeping sensation, given the bit of his speech from the last night and the bizarre timing, that this might end up being suicide. I really hope I'm wrong.

#4 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (755 posts) -

I just watched him last night on Raw! He looked perfectly healthy, wtf? He was talking in character and was shaking those ropes and all of a sudden he's dead and at 54? Jesus....

#5 Posted by Iszdope (9645 posts) -

@Randolph said:

@Iszdope said:

RIP.

Yeah, I made it all the way to Andre and Ted Dibiase with him and Hulk Hogan. I have this creeping sensation, given the bit of his speech from the last night and the bizarre timing, that this might end up being suicide. I really hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, I got a bad feeling about this one too.

#6 Edited by LostProphetFLCL (17131 posts) -

Unfortunately wrestling is a profession that is notorious for having people pass away at a young age...

May he R.I.P.

#7 Edited by The-Apostle (12166 posts) -

Yeah, this sucks. He was my childhood hero. The first wrestler I watched. He made me a fan!

#8 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -

Unfortunately wrestling is a profession that is notorious for having people pass away at a young age...

May he R.I.P.

Yeah, especially since Ultimate Warrior was pretty much the posterboy for the steroid era. The only thing that really surprises me about this is how it happened immediately after he finally made his return to Raw after 20 years

#9 Posted by resevl4rlz (3269 posts) -

what makes it more creepy is what he said on raw on monday. 'Every man's heart one day beats its final beat.... His lungs breathe a final breath.

#10 Edited by Seabas989 (10097 posts) -
@resevl4rlz said:

what makes it more creepy is what he said on raw on monday. 'Every man's heart one day beats its final beat.... His lungs breathe a final breath.

Weird indeed and I did see his HOF speech too.

Anyways R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior.

#11 Posted by Netret0120 (2027 posts) -

@resevl4rlz said:

Weird indeed and I did see his HOF speech too.

Anyways R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior.

I hope it isn't suicide because he looked perfectly healthy on RAW and at the HOF ceremony.At least he patched things up with Vince Mcmahon and HHH before he died. RIP Ultimate Warrior from parts unknown.

#12 Posted by tysonwritesel (2267 posts) -

Devastating news. On top of his interesting character he was also a free thinker. And that is commendable.

#13 Posted by gago-gago (9337 posts) -

I stopped watching wrestling for awhile now but recently tuned in because of Warrior coming back and gettind inducted. I DVRed RAW and the HOF event and just watched it today. A few hours later my bro texted me saying he died. I thought it was a late Aprils fools joke but my bro wouldn't joke about death. Looked it up online and damn it's real.

He was kinda limping during RAW though and during the HOF speech he was talking about how he really push his body to the limits in his performance. Reports says he collapsed while walking with his wife. Hopefully we'll find out more. Very sad news indeed. He's in my top 3 childhood fave, Warrior, Hogan, Taker.

#14 Edited by 187umKILLAH (1337 posts) -

Wow I must say this news shocked me, having just watched him hours ago on RAW and viewed his HOF speech too. I admit I was never really a fan of his but remember him well, he was always well loved by many fans. That is a strange coincidence given his speech then his sudden passing, rest in peace Ultimate Warrior.

#15 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16097 posts) -

Why do wrestlers keep dying? Is the event cursed or something?

#16 Posted by Korvus (3189 posts) -

I just watched him last night on Raw! He looked perfectly healthy, wtf? He was talking in character and was shaking those ropes and all of a sudden he's dead and at 54? Jesus....

I don't think he looked perfectly healthy. Just walking towards the ring had him out of breath. He was 54 not 84...

Still, this caught me by surprise...

#17 Edited by -ParaNormaN- (755 posts) -

@korvus said:

@-paranorman- said:

I don't think he looked perfectly healthy. Just walking towards the ring had him out of breath. He was 54 not 84...

Still, this caught me by surprise...

I just assumed that was because he was wearing a large coat over his suit in a full and probably humid arena. He was still huge like he was when he was younger. Maybe his body couldn't handle it anymore.

This picture was taken either on Sunday or Monday.

#18 Posted by Korvus (3189 posts) -

@-paranorman-: Yeah, I thought it was just stress and/or excitement to be back on RAW and still riding the wave from the HOF induction.

Now I'm thinking he knew he was barely hanging on and the HOF/RAW was something he wanted to do before letting go. My father spent almost a year in a hospital and the doctors said he was stable but wasn't going to beat it but that he was improving slightly so he asked to go home for a day and he got home fine, but as soon as he stepped foot in his room and went to bed he was gone. Years before that my uncle was really ill and he had lost his wife to illness recently so on the first anniversary of her death he was doing (health wise) pretty well but he just said "I give up" and he was gone too.

Sometimes you just cling to life until you reach a goal and then you let go.

#19 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8621 posts) -

I have a feeling that he he may have took his own life away. He probably had a lot of demons inside of him.... I guess we have to wait for the autopsy results on the cause of his death.

#20 Edited by Boddicker (2491 posts) -

I loved him as a kid, but I don't remember him being this crazy. I assume hard living and drugs finally took their toll on his body.

#21 Posted by bowchicka07 (1073 posts) -

I'd like to know what happened. One of my favorites as a kid.

#22 Edited by Korvus (3189 posts) -

@Boddicker: Wow, crazy vid =P Still annoying how they now have to blur/censor/delete anywhere that says WWF, especially since World Wrestling Federation was founded before the World Wildlife Fund.

#23 Edited by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

One of my top 3 favorite wrestlers ALL TIME. Very sad to hear this. RIP Warrior!

#24 Edited by danjammer69 (4108 posts) -

Very sad.

He was just there at RAW and the Hall of Fame induction 2-3 days ago.

One of those 'WTF" moments.

#25 Posted by The-Apostle (12166 posts) -
@korvus said:

@Boddicker: Wow, crazy vid =P Still annoying how they now have to blur/censor/delete anywhere that says WWF, especially since World Wrestling Federation was founded before the World Wildlife Fund.

They don't do that anymore. I was watching Royal Rumble 1990 before WrestleMania and it wasn't censored.

#26 Posted by Korvus (3189 posts) -

@The-Apostle: I think there are some logos they are still allowed to use, or if it's actually spelled out and not just the acronym. Then again, maybe they've lifted the ban altogether.

#27 Edited by The-Apostle (12166 posts) -

@korvus said:

@The-Apostle: I think there are some logos they are still allowed to use, or if it's actually spelled out and not just the acronym. Then again, maybe they've lifted the ban altogether.

My brother said that they had lifted the ban altogether. :D

#28 Posted by Korvus (3189 posts) -

@The-Apostle: Good; it's so annoying to hear sentences cutting out every time they mention the WWF or see footage with half the image blurred because of the logos, etc.

#29 Posted by solidruss (23699 posts) -

Such a shame, I heard about this just a few hours ago. Rest in Peace Warrior! :!(

#30 Posted by comp_atkins (31263 posts) -

sucks. was a huge fan when i was little. wrestlemania VI was epic.

RIP. go gorilla press god.

#31 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Wow that sucks. I just watched him last night and now he is dead. He was one of my favorite wrestlers growing up. RIP

#32 Posted by Netret0120 (2027 posts) -

It's great to see so many WWE fans on GS paying their respects. Only one of my friends follows wrestling so not many people understood why this was a big deal. I would live to discuss WWE events with the rest of you. I never watched Ultimate warrior live but I have done my research on him and can respect how big his impact was. RIP Jim Warrior

#33 Posted by DaBrainz (7627 posts) -

I haven't watched wrestling since I was little but watching WrestleMania 6 VHS with my friends back then is a fond memory. This guy was my favorite.

#34 Posted by CrimsonBrute (23245 posts) -
@Randolph said:

WWE Legend Ultimate Warrior has died.

5c1.jpg

#35 Posted by Solaryellow (463 posts) -

He did appear to have a difficult time shaking the top rope when he appeared on Raw.

#36 Posted by Korvus (3189 posts) -

@crimsonbrute: Wrestlemania photo XD My face was like that too after that match =P

#37 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -

Kinda. Even though pro wrestling is scripted it's pretty punishing on the body and there was rampant drug use especially in the 80s and 90s.

#38 Edited by limpbizkit818 (15034 posts) -

Sucks big time. I just re-watched his WM6 match with Hulk before the HOF on Saturday.

#39 Posted by The-Apostle (12166 posts) -

Sucks big time. I just re-watched his WM6 match with Hulk before the HOF on Saturday.

I watched their WCW match before WM. >_>

#40 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (755 posts) -

@JML897 said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

Kinda. Even though pro wrestling is scripted it's pretty punishing on the body and there was rampant drug use especially in the 80s and 90s.

Yep. Also because of the work they do and the intensity in comparison to how its been since the 80s, these guys practically live off of pain killers. There have been some interviews of wrestlers admitting to being addicted or being addicted at one point in their careers to pain killers.

#41 Edited by ad1x2 (5501 posts) -

I remember glancing at the WWE Facebook page this afternoon and seeing this. Shocked the hell out of me after watching him on Raw. According to WWE they have some type of tribute show for him coming on the WWE Network in ten minutes.

#42 Posted by Master_Live (14163 posts) -

Reminds me a little bit of:

#43 Posted by BranKetra (48109 posts) -

R.I.P. from parts unknown.

#44 Posted by PSP107 (11804 posts) -

They link it to Steroids.

#45 Posted by sukraj (22108 posts) -

I think he took to much steroids

#46 Posted by limpbizkit818 (15034 posts) -

@limpbizkit818 said:

Is it any good? I remember the first time Warrior showed up in WCW and Hogan was shocked haha. His face in the ring was priceless.

#47 Posted by The-Apostle (12166 posts) -

@The-Apostle said:

@limpbizkit818 said:

Is it any good? I remember the first time Warrior showed up in WCW and Hogan was shocked haha. His face in the ring was priceless.

"I thought you were dead!!"

But, sadly, the match sucked. Hogan was supposed to hit Warrior in the face with a fireball but instead hit himself in the face with it. They botched a number of other moves. The referee even got in the way but Hogan adlibbed. that part.

#48 Edited by JML897 (33120 posts) -

@limpbizkit818 said:

@The-Apostle said:

@limpbizkit818 said:

The Hogan/Warrior match at Halloween Havoc 98 is literally one of the worst wrestling matches ever and I say this as someone who really liked their Wrestlemania 6 match. The WCW one was a total mess all around. There are a bunch of annoying run-ins/swerves in the match and as Apostle said there was that really bad fireball spot

#49 Posted by The-Apostle (12166 posts) -
@JML897 said:

@limpbizkit818 said:

@The-Apostle said:

@limpbizkit818 said:

The Hogan/Warrior match at Halloween Havoc 98 is literally one of the worst wrestling matches ever and I say this as someone who really liked their Wrestlemania 6 match. The WCW one was a total mess all around. There are a bunch of annoying run-ins/swerves in the match and as Apostle said there was that really bad fireball spot

As bad as it was, it wasn't nearly as bad as Goldberg vs. Lesnar at WM 20, though tbh they tanked it cause they were leaving. >_>

#50 Posted by limpbizkit818 (15034 posts) -

@JML897 said:

@limpbizkit818 said:

@The-Apostle said:

@limpbizkit818 said:

Dam, looks like I will skip it. I never ordered much WCW PPV back in the day; more of a WWF guy.

@JML897 said:

@limpbizkit818 said:

@The-Apostle said:

@limpbizkit818 said:

As bad as it was, it wasn't nearly as bad as Goldberg vs. Lesnar at WM 20, though tbh they tanked it cause they were leaving. >_>

Ugggggh such a bad match. I still remember watching that one live. They both deserved the stone cold stunner after the match.