wtf is wrong with the justice system here in America?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SDog624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SDog624
Member since 2003 • 2032 Posts

i was just watching the local news and they reported a story about a woman whos arms aren't very functional so she has lived through life doing everything with her feet. they even showed her driving her car with her feet. anyway, because of this, when she went to a drive through at 2 mcdonalds locations, she stuck her feet out the window to get her food and she was refused service at both locations. apparently one of the workers even yelled at her or something.

so here's the deal, she is suing mcdonalds for discrimination and she wants $4 million out of it. i realize she has a dificult life, but $4 million because some workers at mcdonalds told her she couldnt have her cheeseburger? it's insane. i guess she might deserve it because of situation, but this isnt the first time something ridiculous like this has happened. there have been plenty of cases where people sue for millions of dollars for no reason at all. do they pull these numbers out of their asses?

does anyone else think people who sue get way too much for nothing?

dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts

wtf is wrong with the american justice system? i could go on about things for hours, but i'll just say what i think about this particular situation;

in the U.S everyone sues everyone. that lady should realize that there are somethings you don't see everyday (like someone doing everything with their feet) of course someones gonna get freaked out, it's called logical human behavior, instead of sueing McDonalds for 4 milion dollars she should have just explained that she doesn't have use of her arms, so she has to use her feet.

Shadowlinex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Shadowlinex
Member since 2004 • 8308 Posts

Any more the phrase "American Justice" is a bad thing. There isn't any... the courts don't really care, no one does. The government is a puppet and always had been. Simply the To really get the American Dream you have to be asleep to see it.

Our entire system is corrupted, the justice system, education, taxes. Look at the back of the drivers license there is a strip much like the one on debit cards. Hmmm wonder what thats used for....

SDog624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SDog624
o and whats up with scooter libby getting pardoned. what kind of BS is that?
Avatar image for 353535355353535

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 353535355353535
Member since 2005 • 4424 Posts
o and whats up with scooter libby getting pardoned. what kind of BS is that?SDog624
well, he's rich, and the first amendment clearly states that rich people are exempt from jail time
jubjub13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 jubjub13
Member since 2004 • 2064 Posts
It's the same thing in Canada, In Edmonton a while ago there was a rash of stabbings and killings, to the point where people where getting charged with "Assault that led to murder" so some criminals didn't even have to go to jail
fillini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fillini
Member since 2004 • 857 Posts
[QUOTE="SDog624"]o and whats up with scooter libby getting pardoned. what kind of BS is that?353535355353535
well, he's rich, and the first amendment clearly states that rich people are exempt from jail time

He shouldn't have been persued in the first place. Fitzgerald knew who the tattle tale was, whichI would like to point out was a hold over from theClinton years,but chose to pursue the cases anyway.
ACESandElGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#8 ACESandElGHTS
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

I love American justice. Heh. How about the doctor who bought a new BMW, but later found it had been repainted due to damage while in transit. He was awarded $2 million, or 2000% its actual worth. Like a **** doctor needs that.

Or the recent case of the US district court judge in DC who sued for $54 million over his lost or damaged pants. Yeah, if I were the dry cleaner, I wouldn't have been satisfied with winning unless it included stomping His Honor's head into the curb. As if that a-hole needed any more money than his LIFETIME POLITICAL APPOINTMENT was paying him.

The US legal system is like watching a slow-motion car wreck. Hopefully you don't ever need to depend on it.

Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
To really get the American Dream you have to be asleep to see it.Shadowlinex
Verb repetition aside, this is a pretty ****ing brilliant line.
SDog624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SDog624

[QUOTE="Shadowlinex"]To really get the American Dream you have to be asleep to see it.Elraptor
Verb repetition aside, this is a pretty ****ing brilliant line.

lol reading it again that is a pretty smart line. you should sell that quote to some company....no wait that would be the american way.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
Nothing wrong with our justice system. It isn't perfect, but it's designed to handle fraudulent lawsuits. She hasn't won anything yet, so why are you freaking out?
Avatar image for BEAN_LARD_MULCH
BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BEAN_LARD_MULCH
Member since 2006 • 4720 Posts
I have to say, from seeing things, alot of people in America are sue-happy.. Like I read about a story where a woman tried to sue her neighbour for about $200 like >_> come on people, lets not abuse the judicial system like some people do to the new topic button....
Wslacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Wslacker
Member since 2003 • 2696 Posts
That woman has a right to sue Micky D's for the discrimination she suffered. But not for 4 million bucks.
CheddarLimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 CheddarLimbo
Member since 2006 • 3909 Posts

She'll sue for the 4 million, and Mc D's will settle for something less out of court.

I'm guessing that if she'd gotten out of the car, gone in and asked to see the manager and explained the situation, she could have gotten her food, and then some.

The American Justice system isn't perfect - but it's a hell of a lot better than anything else I've ever seen.

RmanForLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RmanForLife
Member since 2006 • 646 Posts
Have you been watching the News about the whole Scooter Libbey thing?
wmg1299

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#16 wmg1299
Member since 2005 • 1154 Posts

There are two distinct parts of U.S. Law, and each has their own problems. Civil Law is when people sue over money and there is no prison time at stake. The reason everyone always sues everyone else civilly is because the U.S. doesn't have Torte Reform. This means, you only have to pay your lawyer if you lose your case. In many other countries, you have to pay the government or the other party if you lose a BS lawsuit.

As far as Criminal Law is concerned (where prison time is concerned), it has just beenscrewed up for too many years to fix easilly. There is a huge backlog of cases, and many states seem to be against putting people in prison. In many major cities, 80% of thefts and burglarizes are committed by 10% of the criminal population who are constantly caught and arrested, but repeatedly get off with probation or very light jail terms.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178876 Posts
It's illegal to drive with your feet....how would she even have a license?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178876 Posts

Nothing wrong with our justice system. It isn't perfect, but it's designed to handle fraudulent lawsuits. She hasn't won anything yet, so why are you freaking out?murlow12

No..it's not.:|

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#19 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
It's illegal to drive with your feet....how would she even have a license?LJS9502_basic
I was thinking the same thing. And how would she use the pedals at the same time? :?
dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

i was just watching the local news and they reported a story about a woman whos arms aren't very functional so she has lived through life doing everything with her feet. they even showed her driving her car with her feet. anyway, because of this, when she went to a drive through at 2 mcdonalds locations, she stuck her feet out the window to get her food and she was refused service at both locations. apparently one of the workers even yelled at her or something.

so here's the deal, she is suing mcdonalds for discrimination and she wants $4 million out of it. i realize she has a dificult life, but $4 million because some workers at mcdonalds told her she couldnt have her cheeseburger? it's insane. i guess she might deserve it because of situation, but this isnt the first time something ridiculous like this has happened. there have been plenty of cases where people sue for millions of dollars for no reason at all. do they pull these numbers out of their asses?

does anyone else think people who sue get way too much for nothing?

SDog624

Got any pictures of her? Just curious...

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#21 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts
[QUOTE="SDog624"]o and whats up with scooter libby getting pardoned. what kind of BS is that?353535355353535

He was never pardoned. He's still a convicted felon and still has to pay the $250,000 fine.
CheddarLimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 CheddarLimbo
Member since 2006 • 3909 Posts
It's all part of the burden of being civilised. If were were chopping peoples hands off as punishment, you can bet there would be a lot fewer petty thefts. Unfortunately, we'd lose a little dignity and civility in the process.
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
I can see why she is suing but I can't blame the poor teenager at the window freaking out when a person jams their feet out the window.
Wslacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Wslacker
Member since 2003 • 2696 Posts

It's illegal to drive with your feet....how would she even have a license?LJS9502_basic

I am a disabled person, I had a brain tumor when I was young. I used to ski race in college for a disabled ski team. There was a guy on our team who had no arms, and he drove quite well with a modified system with the steering column on the floor. If one can pass the driver's test, then one can drive.

SDog624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SDog624

That woman has a right to sue Micky D's for the discrimination she suffered. But not for 4 million bucks. Wslacker

thats my point. why does so much money get involved for some emotional damage?

hoop_hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hoop_hard
Member since 2005 • 20418 Posts
its just a way to get rich quick.
Andonio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Andonio
Member since 2007 • 234 Posts

Everything is wrong with the justice system in America. It is a system dependant on money, not paying out your debt to society. My mother studied criminology at university in Canada, and had planned to be a lawyer, but she was put off by the lack of the real justice in the "justice" system, and was sickened by the idea that she would have to defend somebody who she knew was guilty. IMHO, I don't see why lawyers exist in the first place. People should be able to defend themselves if they are truly sincere.

I think that the old medieval practice of "throwing somebody in a lake, and if they rose to the surface, they were guilty", is probably more democratic than the legal system of today!

dante0417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dante0417
Member since 2006 • 51 Posts
what she did was rude she could have warned the guy he may have even gone out to her car and gave it to her I would freak to if someone stuck their feet out at me trying to grab her food. As for everybody suing everybody else they do because they can.
The___OoofMich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 The___OoofMich
Member since 2006 • 1327 Posts
liberals
fillini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fillini
Member since 2004 • 857 Posts
[QUOTE="353535355353535"][QUOTE="SDog624"]o and whats up with scooter libby getting pardoned. what kind of BS is that?jekyll

He was never pardoned. He's still a convicted felon and still has to pay the $250,000 fine.

he will be pardoned eventually. when the grows some. I mean he half pardons him in effect.
Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#31 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts

o and whats up with scooter libby getting pardoned. what kind of BS is that?SDog624

Why did you have to bring this stuff up!? Can't stand it!