Wow, just got in a stupid car accident.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Manutebecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Manutebecker
Member since 2003 • 2583 Posts
I was picking my friend up at his house and thumbing through my zune to get on Beat It by MJ, I back out as the song begin and we start talking. All is good until I hear a crunch. It was his bros car. His brothers car was fine, mine, however, got the left side of the bumper shattered (i live in MN and its -20 or somethin), its plastic so it froze and was like ice. Just a word of wisdom, be careful when you drive, because for simply not turning around and looking where I was going its probably gonna cost 300+ to replace the bumper, when I get it replaced in the summer :P
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
Well, generally you're suppose to look where you're driving... :?
drucom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 drucom
Member since 2004 • 766 Posts
I was picking my friend up at his house and thumbing through my zune to get on Beat It by MJ, I back out as the song begin and we start talking. All is good until I hear a crunch. It was his bros car. His brothers car was fine, mine, however, got the left side of the bumper shattered (i live in MN and its -20 or somethin), its plastic so it froze and was like ice. Just a word of wisdom, be careful when you drive, because for simply not turning around and looking where I was going its probably gonna cost 300+ to replace the bumper, when I get it replaced in the summer :PManutebecker
l2drive
3eyedrazorback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4 3eyedrazorback
Member since 2005 • 16380 Posts
Well, generally you're suppose to look where you're driving... :?helium_flash
No kidding? So THAT'S what I've been doing wrong.
3ofClubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 3ofClubs
Member since 2007 • 418 Posts
0.o
Manutebecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Manutebecker
l2drivedrucom
I'm sorry but did you need to quote me on that? I think that if you go without a quote people assume your talkin to the TC, l2forum
hokies1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 hokies1313
Member since 2005 • 13919 Posts
I think you're lying. :|
kayn83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 kayn83
Member since 2004 • 2214 Posts

I went into a ditch after making a really fast left turn. Bumper got completely torn off and cost me $1000 to repair. All my friends made fun of me for it and they still do and this happened a year and a half ago.

Consider yourself lucky, lmao.

Manutebecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Manutebecker
[QUOTE="kayn83"]

I went into a ditch after making a really fast left turn. Bumper got completely torn off and cost me $1000 to repair. All my friends made fun of me for it and they still do and this happened a year and a half ago.

yeah dude it sucks, now I gotta put in way more hours at work to pay it off when I feel like getting it fixed :P
kayn83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kayn83
Member since 2004 • 2214 Posts
[QUOTE="Manutebecker"][QUOTE="kayn83"]

yeah dude it sucks, now I gotta put in way more hours at work to pay it off when I feel like getting it fixed :P

That's true, the financial hit always sucks.
drucom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 drucom
Member since 2004 • 766 Posts
[QUOTE="drucom"]l2driveManutebecker
I'm sorry but did you need to quote me on that? I think that if you go without a quote people assume your talkin to the TC, l2forum

Holy hell you're butthurt. l2forum? That's the best you can come up with? I'm not the one who can't even back out of a driveway without hitting another car. You also got it replaced in the summer? So car accidents are a common occurrence for you? Starting to see a pattern here...
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts
stop listening to Mickaeeel jackson.. thats the moral of the story.
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts
Strange, my sister got in a car accident today too...
Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts
stop listening to Mickaeeel jackson.. thats the moral of the story. nimatoad2000
oh thats it? I thought it was that when using a MS product, always expect something to break.
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
[QUOTE="helium_flash"]Well, generally you're suppose to look where you're driving... :?hokies1313
I think you're lying. :|

You caught me... :roll:
TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TSNAKE617
Member since 2008 • 5494 Posts

Pro drawing skills here.

Bio_Spark

He needs to go to the hospital, his spine is split and he has wobbly arms! JK, you did a good job.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#18 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
That is no good my friend.
Shadowhawk000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shadowhawk000
Member since 2007 • 3453 Posts
Should of Been more Careful!
CreepingDeath_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CreepingDeath_
Member since 2007 • 3342 Posts
Pro drawing skills here.

Bio_Spark
:lol: LOL
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts
Good thread delivers.
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#22 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

thank god you didnt hit a pedestrian or anything else with a beating pulse.

I dont think there´s any need to point out the flaws of your way, afterall, you seem to acknowledge the stupidity behind it.

glad you didnt get hurt.

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts
you should of been looking at the road instead of looking at your zune...seriously, its like the chance of someone getting hit by a car goes up everyday more..
xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xhellcatx
Member since 2006 • 9015 Posts
It does suck how the cold weather makes your vehicle more vulnerable to damage (at least it seems that way). I used to live in WI. Still call it home. It can get VERRAH cold. But regaurdless of this fact, it is a good practice to not fiddle with anything when trying to drive. Cells, zunes, the radio even... they all are distractions. What you should have done, and I hope you do in the future, is Before rollin the tires, roll the music. After you are done giving attention to the zune ect, then put er in gear. Livin in MN... if you live near in the cities, yea.. could have easily been a ped, or cyclist.. owch that woulda hurt.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts
Tyrone, what have you done?
Yeah Tyrone, what have you done?
It was at a funny angle!
It was behind you, Tyrone. Whenever you move in reverse, things always come up from behind you.
Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

Pro drawing skills here.

Bio_Spark

That is a funny picture. :lol:

TC- I am glad you are alright. :)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58434 Posts

Its funny how many accidents are caused by stupidity/absent-mindedness. You dont even have to be a smart driver; just be aware and not stupid.

Sorry TC, I am not speaking to you specifically just in general.

Like Ive been in two accidents. The most recent was a legitimate accident (They do happen, believe it or not) but the first accident was something stupid.

So I was driving and came to an intersection. The light turned yellow about 20 before I entered the intersection so I rightly continued on my way, as braking would cause me to screech into the intersection, and back up.

But I suddenly see this car on the right side pulling right into my lane, so I look to my left and swerve into the inside lane. Fortunately it wasnt a collision we just grazed eachother, but when I pulled over this is what the old lady said:

"Your light was yellow so it was OK to pull out. Can I get your insurance information?"

I just stared at here, and this was in high school when I was playing football and I had my beanie hat on so I kinda looked scary Im sure. So I replied

"Ma'am, my light may have been yellow, but your light was red. Furthermore, had I stopped, I would have to slam my breaks and would have ended in the intersection. That is the whole purpose of yellow lights; to give notice to people with time to stop so they can stop, and to let people for whom its too late to stop time to get through"

So we exchanged numbers and about a week later she calls and is like "Hello, this is the lady you hit. You owe me 1200 dollars." So I couldnt believe it and since I was 16 at the time I hand the phone over to my mom and the old lady tells my mom that her husband is sick and they cant afford blah blah blah and that their car wont get fixed, so natureally my mom starts to cry so I take the phone and I tell the old lady "Listen, please dont make my mom cry. You are lucky I dont ask you for money since you were at fault, but there is no structural damage to my car only a scrape so I can overlook this. Do you understand?"

And the lady hung up and never heard from it again.

Thats when I learned old people dont deserve any more respect than young folks.

fvjonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 fvjonj
Member since 2003 • 661 Posts
I once got broadsided by a person who ran a stop sign. When I asked her why she hit me, she said she couldn't see through her windshield because her windows were all fogged up. Then why the heck is your car even moving if you can't see anything??? Thankfully, she hit me and not a pedestrian.
Parandrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Parandrus
Member since 2008 • 2511 Posts
That was pretty foolish. I will learn from your mistakes.
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
That's what you get for doing something distracting while reversing.
UnamedThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 UnamedThing
Member since 2008 • 1761 Posts
That why you look backwards when you back up, not talk to your friend and thumb through songs on your Zune.
tsduv21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 tsduv21
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts
Well, it's good the you learned the lesson by hitting a car, not a pedestrian.
GrandTheftHalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GrandTheftHalo
Member since 2004 • 4187 Posts
Well at least it was minor, if I didn't those good old new car brakes I'd of had a few accidents.
Montaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Montaya
Member since 2005 • 4269 Posts
Yeah but when its -20 outside chances are your windows are frosted and hazy even with the defrost on hindering awareness.
_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts
There are 2 things you were doing wrong. 1) Listening to Zune. 2) Talking. :| You don't do other things while driving, because that's what happens. :P
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
I was picking my friend up at his house and thumbing through my zune to get on Beat It by MJ, I back out as the song begin and we start talking. All is good until I hear a crunch. It was his bros car. His brothers car was fine, mine, however, got the left side of the bumper shattered (i live in MN and its -20 or somethin), its plastic so it froze and was like ice. Just a word of wisdom, be careful when you drive, because for simply not turning around and looking where I was going its probably gonna cost 300+ to replace the bumper, when I get it replaced in the summer :PManutebecker
Och that must suck :( My my truck being so old tho if I did that I'd just leave it be as long as it wasn't real bad and was safe to drive. I'm riding around now while a whole in my door >_>
KOTORkicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KOTORkicker
Member since 2007 • 4595 Posts
That's not a crash, that's a bumper to bumper connection.
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
There are 2 things you were doing wrong. 1) Listening to Zune. 2) Talking. :| You don't do other things while driving, because that's what happens. :P_LiquidFlame_
Pff I talk to others if they are in there with me. if not I talk to my self or I get much too bored
Solors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#39 Solors
Member since 2008 • 574 Posts
That's why you watch where you're going.
morpheusnj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 morpheusnj
Member since 2004 • 1943 Posts
haha that's quite unfortunate buddy. what I find funny is how you were playing Beat It. haha idk why I find it so funny/ but anyways, shouldnt it be like common sense to turn around when backing?
morpheusnj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 morpheusnj
Member since 2004 • 1943 Posts

Its funny how many accidents are caused by stupidity/absent-mindedness. You dont even have to be a smart driver; just be aware and not stupid.

Like Ive been in two accidents. The most recent was a legitimate accident (They do happen, believe it or not) but the first accident was something stupid.

So I was driving and came to an intersection. The light turned yellow about 20 before I entered the intersection so I rightly continued on my way, as braking would cause me to screech into the intersection, and back up.

But I suddenly see this car on the right side pulling right into my lane, so I look to my left and swerve into the inside lane. Fortunately it wasnt a collision we just grazed eachother, but when I pulled over this is what the old lady said:

"Your light was yellow so it was OK to pull out. Can I get your insurance information?"

I just stared at here, and this was in high school when I was playing football and I had my beanie hat on so I kinda looked scary Im sure. So I replied

"Ma'am, my light may have been yellow, but your light was red. Furthermore, had I stopped, I would have to slam my breaks and would have ended in the intersection. That is the whole purpose of yellow lights; to give notice to people with time to stop so they can stop, and to let people for whom its too late to stop time to get through"

So we exchanged numbers and about a week later she calls and is like "Hello, this is the lady you hit. You owe me 1200 dollars." So I couldnt believe it and since I was 16 at the time I hand the phone over to my mom and the old lady tells my mom that her husband is sick and they cant afford blah blah blah and that their car wont get fixed, so natureally my mom starts to cry so I take the phone and I tell the old lady "Listen, please dont make my mom cry. You are lucky I dont ask you for money since you were at fault, but there is no structural damage to my car only a scrape so I can overlook this. Do you understand?"

mrbojangles25
that lady's an idiot I almost wanna be in that situation right now and pop her in her face. sorry...
Oblivionfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Oblivionfan10
Member since 2008 • 6327 Posts

No joke. The temperature is -7 with wind chill -24, in minnesota, I live here too and it is terrible, this morning it was negative 15 degrees. And its snowing, badly

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58434 Posts
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

morpheusnj

that lady's an idiot I almost wanna be in that situation right now and pop her in her face. sorry...

I know for a while I thought she was trying to scam me or something, but I guess she was just old and stupid, or playing the old geezer pity card.

Anyway, I dont hate old people. I just realized they dont deserve any more respect than the rest of us. Many cultures would disagree with me, but hey...experience has proven me right.