Would you watch The Phantom Menace again in 3D?

• 151 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by biggest_loser (24046 posts) -

Today I was sent this updated release schedule by Fox Films

Dear Media

Please find attached an updated release schedule for Fox Films with the following changes:

NEW:

We have added in our February 2012 releases:

February 9 -Star Wars: EP 1 The Phantom Menace (3D)

February 16 –This Means War

I didn't even know they were rereleasing it lol. Would you watch it again?

Big no from me. I thought it was pretty lousy.

#2 Posted by Allicrombie (25197 posts) -
god no. I didnt like it the first time I saw it. Only good thing about it is "Duel of the Fates", and even that's been pretty overplayed since its release.
#3 Posted by LZ71 (10274 posts) -
The only way I will watch that movie willingly again is if someone payed me.
#4 Posted by 3eyedrazorback (16373 posts) -
Absolutely. The podrace and Duel of the Fates will be incredible in 3D.
#5 Posted by Rhazakna (11022 posts) -
No. 3D conversion sucks, and the movie was terrible.
#6 Posted by LZ71 (10274 posts) -
Duel of the Fates will be incredible in 3D. 3eyedrazorback
Is that the battle with Darth Maul at the end of the movie? Why would that be incredible? If it's the scene I'm thinking of, I don't see how it was particularly great in the first place.
#7 Posted by Darthkaiser (12448 posts) -
It gave me a headache the first time I saw it on regular, 3D will probably kill me. Besides from all the star wars movies that's the less good in my opinion.
#8 Posted by raven_squad (78438 posts) -
Not a chance.
#9 Posted by THGarrett (2574 posts) -

Hell no, this is just another way for Lucas to milk his fans.

#10 Posted by JediXMan7 (5238 posts) -

I can't watch 3D, so no.

#11 Posted by DigitalExile (16049 posts) -

I'd watch it again in 2D because I actually liked the movie.

#12 Posted by iwilson1296 (2214 posts) -

no, seeing it once was more than enough, i've been trying to forget what i saw that day

#13 Posted by The-Tree (3315 posts) -

I actually liked the prequels, so hell yeah.

#14 Posted by Crazyguy105 (9513 posts) -

The only decent part in that film was the Pod race.

Otherwise, no. I'll stick to the older films.

#15 Posted by Tokugawa77 (1554 posts) -

Prequels were not as bad as everyone says. Ok, fine the Phantom Menace was not good but the later two were pretty good, at least better than Return of the jedi. Better soundtrack too.

#16 Posted by Skittles_McGee (9136 posts) -
That depends. Does the tank run over Jar Jar this time?
#17 Posted by JediXMan7 (5238 posts) -

The only decent part in that film was the Pod race.

Otherwise, no. I'll stick to the older films.

Crazyguy105

Hey! Don't go forgetting Ray Park! :evil:

#18 Posted by DarkGamer007 (6028 posts) -

No, hell no. Also I wonder what changes Lucas will make to the prequels and the origonal trilogy again...sigh, I just release he would release the Origonal Trilogy without the added CGI and remove the numbers from them and have them called: Star Wars, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back etc.

#19 Posted by DigitalExile (16049 posts) -

I don't get why people complain about Jar Jar...

...does anyone remember Chewbacca? =/

#20 Posted by weezyfb (14703 posts) -
no it had the worst "battle" ever.. gungans vs droids was full of fail
#21 Posted by CodingGenius (8118 posts) -
I won't, no. I just have had my fill of I, II, and III. I might consider seeing IV, V, and VI again, as long as extra content is added. They are so great on their own, I would likely go see them just to see them on the big screen again.
#22 Posted by Tokugawa77 (1554 posts) -

no it had the worst "battle" ever.. gungans vs droids was full of fail weezyfb

Gotta admit though, the droids themselves are pretty sweet. My problem with the prequel triolgy battles- they line up in formations that would have been recognizable by Julius Caesar... seriously is there a better way to get owned, especially since they are in the "future"?

#23 Posted by 3eyedrazorback (16373 posts) -
[QUOTE="3eyedrazorback"] Duel of the Fates will be incredible in 3D. LZ71
Is that the battle with Darth Maul at the end of the movie? Why would that be incredible? If it's the scene I'm thinking of, I don't see how it was particularly great in the first place.

That was one of the best fight scenes in all of the movies....
#24 Posted by Tokugawa77 (1554 posts) -

[QUOTE="LZ71"][QUOTE="3eyedrazorback"] Duel of the Fates will be incredible in 3D. 3eyedrazorback

I suppose the words "No, I am your father" do not ring a bell?

#25 Posted by 3eyedrazorback (16373 posts) -

[QUOTE="3eyedrazorback"][QUOTE="LZ71"] Is that the battle with Darth Maul at the end of the movie? Why would that be incredible? If it's the scene I'm thinking of, I don't see how it was particularly great in the first place. Tokugawa77

I suppose the words "one of the best" do not ring a bell? I didn't say it was THE best. Empire is my favorite of all the six hands down.
#26 Posted by Tokugawa77 (1554 posts) -

[QUOTE="Tokugawa77"]

[QUOTE="3eyedrazorback"] That was one of the best fight scenes in all of the movies....3eyedrazorback

I suppose the words "one of the best" do not ring a bell? I didn't say it was THE best. Empire is my favorite of all the six hands down.

Agreed.

#27 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14417 posts) -

At this point, I'm done with all things Star Wars, the original trilogy included. Whatever desire I had left to watch any of the movies dried up a long time ago.

#28 Posted by OrkHammer007 (4751 posts) -

See Jar-Jar Binks... in 3D.

No.

I'd rather undergo major surgery without anesthesia. It would be far less painful

#29 Posted by biggest_loser (24046 posts) -
I've attracted every mod to this thread lol :(
#30 Posted by SirWander (5176 posts) -

NO

never again

#31 Posted by Franko_3 (5728 posts) -

[QUOTE="weezyfb"]no it had the worst "battle" ever.. gungans vs droids was full of fail Tokugawa77

Gotta admit though, the droids themselves are pretty sweet. My problem with the prequel triolgy battles- they line up in formations that would have been recognizable by Julius Caesar... seriously is there a better way to get owned, especially since they are in the "future"?

I have an even better question, why make those useless droid, when you can build shielded one that move fast with dual machine gun?

I have to say that George Lucas created one of the best setting ever, but at the same time his movies are not aging well at all. Episode 1-2 are ruined with the piss poor casting choice, terrible script and the fact everyone knew the end right before watching them. The simple though of watching Jar Jar in 3d is making me sick, making me SICK!!!

#32 Posted by Meinhard1 (6768 posts) -

I might see Ep I - II if I'm looking for a way to kill some time.

I will probably see Ep III in 3D

I will definitely, DEFINITELY see the original trilogy in 3D. ....shame that won't be for over three years.

#33 Posted by BdogTheGamer (672 posts) -
For shure, I love star wars! :)
#34 Posted by DarkGamer007 (6028 posts) -

[QUOTE="LZ71"][QUOTE="3eyedrazorback"] Duel of the Fates will be incredible in 3D. 3eyedrazorback

How? It was a lightsaber fight between three characters we had no connection to in a random room where we have no idea of its origin or purpose.

#35 Posted by Wanderer5 (25702 posts) -

No way I going to watch it again, especially in 3D.

#36 Posted by xdude85 (4394 posts) -
No, the movie wasn't even that good to begin with, it's not like 3D is going to make it better.
#37 Posted by zeldaluff (3387 posts) -

Nah. I liked the prequels alright, but a) I'm not a big fan of 3D and b) I could watch it at home for free with popcorn that will cost me about $0.75 instead of $11.50. I just didn't like it enough to put that much time, effort and money into it.

That said, I'll probably be hitting up Lion King 3D >_>

#38 Posted by guildclaws (7907 posts) -

Hell no

#39 Posted by trick_man01 (11440 posts) -
Yes, I would.
#40 Posted by dackchaar (3668 posts) -

I will watch all the star wars films in 3D. Even if by the small chance that I am funding lucas with the cash to make another triolgy!

#41 Posted by dackchaar (3668 posts) -

[QUOTE="3eyedrazorback"][QUOTE="LZ71"] Is that the battle with Darth Maul at the end of the movie? Why would that be incredible? If it's the scene I'm thinking of, I don't see how it was particularly great in the first place. DarkGamer007

How? It was a lightsaber fight between three characters we had no connection to in a random room where we have no idea of its origin or purpose.

Story wise, maybe - but visually, it's fantastic.

#42 Posted by dackchaar (3668 posts) -

Jeez, didn't realize so many people had such a hatred for star wars.

#43 Posted by soulless4now (41372 posts) -

Not with a straight face I wouldn't.

#44 Posted by sonofsmeagle (4317 posts) -

HELLZ YEAH!!!

#45 Posted by adam1808 (264 posts) -

Only if they provided free stimulants to numb the part of my brain screaming at me to strangle George Lucas with a stuffed Rancor

#46 Posted by sonofsmeagle (4317 posts) -
[QUOTE="dackchaar"]

[QUOTE="DarkGamer007"]

That was one of the best fight scenes in all of the movies....3eyedrazorback

Story wise, maybe - but visually, it's fantastic.

i felt attached to Qui-Gon because it was Liam Neeson and of course Ben Kenobie
#47 Posted by Mega-Mustaine (2130 posts) -

I tell myself that I shouldn't, but I probably will.

I mean... it's Star Wars. C'mon.

#48 Posted by MushroomWig (11638 posts) -
I'd have to be paid to watch that movie ever again!
#49 Posted by MushroomWig (11638 posts) -

I tell myself that I shouldn't, but I probably will.

I mean... it's Star Wars. C'mon.

Mega-Mustaine
It's Episode 1. C'mon.
#50 Posted by Baranga (14217 posts) -

Yeah, out of curiosity. It's a lousy movie but this will be an interesting experiment.