Would you support a welfare system for looks?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts

Many of you support a normal welfare system, which is understandable. Let me ask you all this: Would you be in support of a welfare system that takes away a few looks point from the top good looking people and distributes them to the ugly people? (pretend that this is actually possible). Good looking people have more enjoyable lives and are given positive social reinforcement throughout their lives, while the same cannot be said for ugly people. Would you support this? Why or why not? Also we could throw height in here as well. Taller men on average earn more money than shorter men. It is proven that height is a big factor in business.

Does someone really need to look this good?

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

I disagree with the current welfare system.

And I disagree with your post. Looks have nothing to do with how much enjoyment a person gets out of life. Not to mention, that isn't for you to decide.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mingmao3046

@Blueresident87 said:

And I disagree with your post. Looks have nothing to do with how much enjoyment a person gets out of life. Not to mention, that isn't for you to decide.

"Looks have nothing to do with how much enjoyment a person gets out of life." - Are you kidding me? The life of a good looking person and an ugly person are not even comparable. A legitimately good looking male will foster female attention from a young age, giving him social validation, while an ugly male gets very little, or none. He will be able to get with and date far more desirable girls as he pleases. Strangers of both sexes will treat him better due to the halo effect his good face gives off. Good looking people will do better in job interviews and advancement in their careers. etc.. etc....

"that isn't for you to decide." - Not sure what you are talking about here

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

wat

EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts

@mingmao3046 said:

Many of you support a normal welfare system, which is understandable. Let me ask you all this: Would you be in support of a welfare system that takes away a few looks point from the top good looking people and distributes them to the ugly people? (pretend that this is actually possible). Good looking people have more enjoyable lives and are given positive social reinforcement throughout their lives, while the same cannot be said for ugly people. Would you support this? Why or why not? Also we could throw height in here as well. Taller men on average earn more money than shorter men. It is proven that height is a big factor in business.

That bow tie is a poor choice, it doesn't go well with the rest of his outfit. I think either a lighter blue or red to match the colours on his jumper. Black also works too.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@mingmao3046 said:

Are you kidding me? I'd hit it. With a two by four!

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

This is a really stupid thread. Even by your standards.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 seahorse123
Member since 2012 • 1237 Posts

I don't think many people on here care that much about looks only people who are obsessed by looks would think of something like this.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mingmao3046

@airshocker said:

How is it stupid?

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mingmao3046

@seahorse123 said:

I don't think many people on here care that much about looks only people who are obsessed by looks would think of something like this.

Looks matters a lot even if you refuse to acknowledge it.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Go back to making your shitty anti-women threads mingmao, this is even stupider.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

so.... this is some lame attack on poor people/ left wingers?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Well, I wouldn't want to be ugly, and average is good enough for most people. Sometimes looking too good is a bad thing.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 seahorse123

@mingmao3046: Well I am sorry you think in such a basic and primitive way.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mingmao3046

@chessmaster1989 said:

Go back to making your shitty anti-women threads mingmao, this is even stupider.

how is this stupid? Do you all refuse to acknowledge that looks matter a lot?

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@mingmao3046 said:

@airshocker said:

How is it stupid?

If you have to ask, you're incapable of being fixed.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By seahorse123

Listen you are probably female if that is the case stop focussing on looks all the time either your own or others, stop being brainwashed into thinking looks are important. We don't have long on this earth you need to focus on something more constructive than focussing on how people look maybe try and focus on what people say instead of what they look like.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mingmao3046

@seahorse123 said:

Listen you are probably female if that is the case stop focussing on looks all the time either your own or others, stop being brainwashed into thinking looks are important. We don't have long on this earth you need to focus on something more constructive than focussing on how people look maybe try and focus on what people say instead of what they look like.

I am male, not female. Looks are extremely important and if you don't think so, then you are clearly delusional

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 seahorse123

@mingmao3046: I don't know who bought you up but they obviously did something to your mind and I am sorry for that. You probably have friends that think like you do and good for them maybe you can have a chat with them about this but don't expect people who have not been mentally screwed to think like you do.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#20 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

@mingmao3046 said:

@Blueresident87 said:

"Looks have nothing to do with how much enjoyment a person gets out of life." - Are you kidding me? The life of a good looking person and an ugly person are not even comparable. A legitimately good looking male will foster female attention from a young age, giving him social validation, while an ugly male gets very little, or none. He will be able to get with and date far more desirable girls as he pleases. Strangers of both sexes will treat him better due to the halo effect his good face gives off. Good looking people will do better in job interviews and advancement in their careers. etc.. etc....

What? You do not get to decide how much enjoyment somebody else gets out of life. You don't make that decision for other people, you just sound ignorant.

Looks do not dictate how much enjoyment a person gets out of life, that person's outlook on life determines that, the people around that person determine that.

Our society is structured to give better looking people more advantages, but that's about all you've got here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

You can buy looks, you can't buy money if you're poor.

OP is a moron

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mingmao3046

@seahorse123 said:

@mingmao3046: I don't know who bought you up but they obviously did something to your mind and I am sorry for that. You probably have friends that think like you do and good for them maybe you can have a chat with them about this but don't expect people who have not been mentally screwed to think like you do.

Good looking people have more opportunities given to them, as well as more social validation throughout their lives solely due to the genetic lottery. Why is this so hard to grasp?

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mingmao3046

@Blueresident87 said:

@mingmao3046 said:

@Blueresident87 said:

What? You do not get to decide how much enjoyment somebody else gets out of life. You don't make that decision for other people, you just sound ignorant.

Looks do not dictate how much enjoyment a person gets out of life, that person's outlook on life determines that, the people around that person determine that.

Our society is structured to give better looking people more advantages, but that's about all you've got here.

I never said I get to decide how much enjoyment someone gets out of life. But good looks definitely make life a lot easier, and a lot more fun. Good looking people have more opportunities with almost everything in life.

"Our society is structured...." - NO. Our psychology is structured to give good looking people more advantages. We subconsciously find good looking people appealing, giving them the benefit of the doubt and being more trustworthy than an ugly person. This is because good looking people have desirable traits which are important to the future of a species.

Avatar image for deactivated-58061ea11c905
deactivated-58061ea11c905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-58061ea11c905
Member since 2011 • 999 Posts

Good-looking men are really treated better by people (in all areas of life).

If you are an ugly guy then people will treat you like shit and it will be very difficult for you to make friends because people don't want to be friends with ugly people.

You will face the same problems with the girls too. If you are ugly then the girls will ignore you all the time and will never even want to stare at you, let alone go out on a date with you.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

My heart bleeds for you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#26 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

The world needs ugly people...otherwise how will everyone see how gorgeous us OT'ers are?