would you sacrifice your life for family or country ?

• 73 results
#51 Posted by Serraph105 (27586 posts) -

Family? Yeah probably, kinda depends on how close we are though. My mom, dad, or brother for instance in a heartbeat, but a distant cousin? Perhaps not.

As far as the country goes, i suppose if my death would be immediately followed by ending a war or would avert immediate destruction then yes. If however you mean that I become a soldier and die in a far off land "fighting for freedoms" then hell no. Especially given the US's history of screwing over it's veterans after the war is over.

#52 Posted by Serraph105 (27586 posts) -

I wonder what vfibsux sucks thinks about the country part of this topic.

@vfibsux:

#53 Posted by GazaAli (22491 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

@dave123321 said:

@GazaAli: best wishes and hope you stay safe

Thanks man, hoping for the best here.

Be careful bruh. Bad guys been on the patrol lately. May Allah protect you.

Thanks bruh. Where're you from if I may ask?

#54 Posted by GazaAli (22491 posts) -

I wonder what vfibsux sucks thinks about the country part of this topic.

@vfibsux:

He'd go all Jihad on our asses for 'murica man

#55 Edited by MBirdy88 (7214 posts) -

Who knows what people would pick if they were actually presented with the choice.

aaaand there is the only worthwhile answer to this thread.

I would need a proper scenario anyway, this entire question is vague. WW1/WW2 situtation? maybe? modern "war" justifications no chance in hell.

I would be a waste on the battlefield anyway. im sure if anyone's area was attacked and being whiped out that most would get up and defend/die .... but to go to other countries at the whim of moron goverments no. does that make us chicken s*it REALLY? to the hive minded guilt tripping goverment that sends you there maybe.

#56 Posted by Bigboi500 (28811 posts) -

Family - yes.

Friends - no.

Country - fuck no.

#57 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69165 posts) -

I would not die for my country for some bs politicians who wouldn't or have served themselves for their own political evil gain. So fuck no

#58 Posted by ad1x2 (5408 posts) -

lol no, i'd do anything to hurt this country.

There is a big different between simply saying you are unwilling to fight for your country (normal) because you are afraid to die or disagree with the conflicts they are fighting and flat out saying you want to hurt your country (abnormal and a quick way to put yourself on a domestic terrorism watchlist).

#59 Posted by CountBleck12 (22494 posts) -

When it comes to family yes but it depends on the family member, and screw the country.

#60 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15847 posts) -

Of course, I'd risk my life for family and kin. I will F-ing kill anyone who tries to harm my wife and kids. Note that I never mentioned me dying. The other person will be the one dying.

I also spent almost three decades sticking my neck out for king and country. I'm done. I leave that to the young 'uns. Now? I'm quite happy being a 9 to 5 guy.

#61 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10045 posts) -

@ad1x2 said:

@VaguelyTagged said:

lol no, i'd do anything to hurt this country.

There is a big different between simply saying you are unwilling to fight for your country (normal) because you are afraid to die or disagree with the conflicts they are fighting and flat out saying you want to hurt your country (abnormal and a quick way to put yourself on a domestic terrorism watchlist).

i know the difference! but i've never hidden my hatred towards this place, i really want it burned to the ground. that said; you should take this into account that there is also another difference between and actual domestic terrorist and a pussy.

#62 Edited by magicalclick (22245 posts) -

Is it worth the effort to sacrifice myself for the ungrateful chickens??? Hmmmmm.....

#63 Posted by airshocker (28347 posts) -

I think I've already proven that I'm willing to pay the ultimate price for my family and my country.

#64 Posted by wis3boi (30926 posts) -

@megagene said:

For family and certain close friends, yes. For my country, probably not.

#65 Posted by geniobastardo (968 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

@geniobastardo said:

@GazaAli said:

@dave123321 said:

@GazaAli: best wishes and hope you stay safe

Thanks man, hoping for the best here.

Be careful bruh. Bad guys been on the patrol lately. May Allah protect you.

Thanks bruh. Where're you from if I may ask?

Pakistan.

#66 Edited by sukraj (21660 posts) -

I would give my life for my kids, Wife and parents.

#67 Posted by tocool340 (20419 posts) -

@indzman said:

@tocool340 said:

Family? Only for my children whenever I decide to that I want kids. Friends? It will have to take a very special friend for me to consider throwing away my life for. And country? Hell no...

You won't give your life for your parents who bought you into this world ? Not even wifey ?

Parents? Nope. GF/Wife? Depends on the situation. Hell, even for kids, if I ever have any, it would depend on the situation. If I know the situation is in my favor where the possibility of me coming out alive is at least decent, then I would gladly risk walking through a storm of bullets to protect them. Otherwise, I'm not entirely interested in going on any suicide missions where I know there is no chance of survival and I'd probably end up dieing a pointless death. I value my life a lot more than that. Besides, I believe in survival of the fittest. If you got the necessary tools to survive (two hands, two feet, and a head on their shoulders just like me) then use them. If you don't know how to use them, then perhaps your better off gone...

#68 Posted by sSubZerOo (42949 posts) -

Family, yes.. Country? Nope.. I would do it for a ideal..

#69 Posted by sibu_xgamer (263 posts) -

Yes for my family. For my country depends who the enemy is. If it's a made up enemy just to further a political agenda then hell no.

#70 Posted by evildead6789 (6963 posts) -

I wouldn't give up my life for anyone besides my children and the mother of my children

#71 Edited by Sword-Demon (6872 posts) -

depends on the situation, and of course, there's no way to know for certain unless you're put into that situation.

But if any of my family were in danger, I think I'd do whatever I could to save them.

As for country, that would depend on what you meant. Going to war for a pointless cause? No. Fighting to prevent an attack on our people? I think so.

#72 Posted by johnd13 (7821 posts) -

Family, I guess so. Unless I turn out to be a huge coward. Country? Hell no lol.

#73 Posted by Krelian-co (10091 posts) -

@korvus said:

Family, yes. Country, no.

#74 Posted by MrGeezer (55944 posts) -

I might put my life at risk for family or country, but I wouldn't really call that "sacrificing my life." I mean, I'm still gonna try to not die.

As far as knowingly sacrificing my life, that's a bit different. For starters, I think I'd need a reason to believe that my death would actually accomplish something, otherwise it's just a waste. And I have a hard time imagining any kind of plausible scenario that fits those two criteria: that I know I'll end up dead, and that my death will actually accomplish something good.