Would you rather love or money?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Ariabed (1104 posts) -

Hey guys thanks for taking the time to look at my thread, but yesterday I tried creating this same thread and I kept getting a error message. So today I tried again and it worked but I didn't realise the one I created yesterday was also up so please don't comment on this one comment on my other one. Cheers

#3 Posted by Kevlar101 (6106 posts) -

Love.

But, if I had little money, I would worry that my love would leave me.

So...unfortunately.... you can have money without love, but you cannot have love without money.

:\

#4 Posted by Iszdope (9909 posts) -

I don't want your money honey, I want your love.

#5 Posted by Ariabed (1104 posts) -

@Kevlar101: not true at all, if someone loves you they love you wether your rich or poor, that's true love.

#6 Posted by Kevlar101 (6106 posts) -

@ariabed said:

@Kevlar101: not true at all, if someone loves you they love you wether your rich or poor, that's true love.

I agree, though there are a lot of greedy liars in the world who make it seem otherwise.

#7 Posted by Ariabed (1104 posts) -

That's why when you have lots of money you can never be sure who your true friends are,or your true love, until you lose your money those that stick with you are the true ones.

#8 Posted by MrGeezer (56243 posts) -

@ariabed said:

That's naive Disney bullshit. Firstly, love does tend to be conditional. Secondly, even if they do love you, that doesn't mean they won't leave your ass if if you become enough of a problem for them.

Like, I love my brother. But do you know what a dealbreaker would be? There are lots. but let's suppose I find out that he flat out raped a woman. Nope, that's it, I'm done. If that's not enough for me to stop loving him, then it's sure as hell enough for me to never again have anything to do with him even though I do still love him.

Or let's put it another way. You love your mom, right? You love your dad, right? Well, how capable would you be of still loving your mom if she cut your dad up, shot your dad in the face, and then turned him into stew and fed him to you and the rest of the family? That's got to be a dealbreaker, right?

#9 Posted by Iszdope (9909 posts) -

Crikey!

#10 Posted by Kevlar101 (6106 posts) -

@MrGeezer said:

@ariabed said:

That's naive Disney bullshit. Firstly, love does tend to be conditional. Secondly, even if they do love you, that doesn't mean they won't leave your ass if if you become enough of a problem for them.

Like, I love my brother. But do you know what a dealbreaker would be? There are lots. but let's suppose I find out that he flat out raped a woman. Nope, that's it, I'm done. If that's not enough for me to stop loving him, then it's sure as hell enough for me to never again have anything to do with him even though I do still love him.

Or let's put it another way. You love your mom, right? You love your dad, right? Well, how capable would you be of still loving your mom if she cut your dad up, shot your dad in the face, and then turned him into stew and fed him to you and the rest of the family? That's got to be a dealbreaker, right?

Well.....

.....we are kind of talking about money here, not interfamily cannibalism, soooo.....

By the way...

#11 Posted by MrGeezer (56243 posts) -

@MrGeezer said:

@ariabed said:

Well.....

.....we are kind of talking about money here, not interfamily cannibalism, soooo.....

By the way...

The point remains that love tends to be conditional. If we can establish that there are conditions that end love, then the rest is just a matter of degrees. The fact is that money provides for such necessities as food, shelter, and clothing. If someone has been designated as the person who is responsible for providing those things, and if he then utterly fails about it, then it's not so shocking when the relationship comes to an end.

Sure, the need to not be eaten is a bit stronger than the need to pay the bills and keep a roof over your head. But thopse are both pretty freaking relevant needs, and if they aren't getting met then it might be time to move one and leave the baggage behind.

#12 Edited by Kevlar101 (6106 posts) -

@MrGeezer said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@MrGeezer said:

@ariabed said:

Well.....

By the way...

The point remains that love tends to be conditional. If we can establish that there are conditions that end love, then the rest is just a matter of degrees. The fact is that money provides for such necessities as food, shelter, and clothing. If someone has been designated as the person who is responsible for providing those things, and if he then utterly fails about it, then it's not so shocking when the relationship comes to an end.

Sure, the need to not be eaten is a bit stronger than the need to pay the bills and keep a roof over your head. But thopse are both pretty freaking relevant needs, and if they aren't getting met then it might be time to move one and leave the baggage behind.

Thank you, for providing me the image of the ultimate result of my future.

#13 Edited by Ariabed (1104 posts) -

@MrGeezer: wow you went deep, to deep lol of course people you love can always do something that will make you not love them or not want to see them, that goes without saying. That's not what this threads about though. I get what your saying in your second comment if you're the main bread winner and you lose your bread winning skills things can get hard and stressful and it can break relationships, but you would hope that you would have a true strong enough love to make it through the rough times, would you rather a love like that or a fake love based on what you can provide?

I mean you see it all the time a nice looking girl with a ugly maybe much older man, why is she with him? For security, looks and love personality don't play a part for her, as long as she can get her hair an nails done live in a big house, get the latest Louis v hambag drive around in a Benz she's happy, and some guys know that but they don't care, they prob sleep around on each other argue like cat and mouse.

I would rather have a woman that would stick with me through thick an thin and be ok financially, rather than be rich in a shallow loveless relationship

#14 Edited by lamprey263 (23639 posts) -

money, get enough of it you can buy love

#15 Posted by Korvus (3586 posts) -

Please stick to one thread per topic, especially when you're the one creating them.