Would You Marry Someone Who Would Cheat On You Because You Are Not Married?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by -Renegade (8340 posts) -

if you are in a relationship with someone and they see other people with or without you knowing would you one day marry that person to stop them from doing this? i just can't see myself marrying someone like that.

#2 Posted by Canuck3000 (40562 posts) -
No. You can't rebuild trust
#4 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10079 posts) -

if you are in a relationship with someone and they see other people with or without you knowing would you one day marry that person to stop them from doing this? i just can't see myself marrying someone like that.

-Renegade
what makes you think that marriage will stop them from cheating?
#5 Posted by -Renegade (8340 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Renegade"]

VaguelyTagged

that's my whole point. i know people who are in relationships and they do stuff to piss off their significant other and their excuse is that they are not married. like talking to other guys/girls and not in the just friends kind of way.

#6 Posted by Guybrush_3 (8308 posts) -

no

#7 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10079 posts) -

[QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"][QUOTE="-Renegade"]

-Renegade

that's my whole point. i know people who are in relationships and they do stuff to piss off their significant other and their excuse is that they are not married. like talking to other guys/girls and not in the just friends kind of way.

well, i for one don't believe in a conditional faithfulness. once you pay a price to make someone yours, you'll have to do the same for the rest of your relationship.
#8 Posted by Tessellation (8796 posts) -

:lol: do you even need an answer to that?

edit

i most add that used to date( if you want to call it like that ) a girl that was cheating on her boyfriend with me and we went out for a 2 months..i didn't give a **** about it i was just having fun..at the end the guy found out about us and he still took her back :S

#9 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
They have money?
#10 Posted by Rhazakna (11022 posts) -
There's a big difference between f*cking other people behind your back and having an open relationship, though. I certainly wouldn't marry someone to get them to stop screwing other people.
#11 Posted by -Renegade (8340 posts) -

edit

i most add that used to date( if you want to call it like that ) a girl that was cheating on her boyfriend with me and we went out for a 2 months..i didn't give a **** about it i was just having fun..at the end the guy found out about us and he still took her back :S

Tessellation

i know the way i worded it sounds odd but many people think like this.

#12 Posted by tocool340 (20470 posts) -

Depends on how well I know her....

On second thought, no. I'd hate to waste my time with someone like that if they potentially already love someone else. Not interested in being stringed along...

#13 Posted by -Renegade (8340 posts) -

There's a big difference between f*cking other people behind your back and having an open relationship, though. I certainly wouldn't marry someone to get them to stop screwing other people.Rhazakna

isn't that the whole point of marriage though?

#14 Posted by Rhazakna (11022 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]There's a big difference between f*cking other people behind your back and having an open relationship, though. I certainly wouldn't marry someone to get them to stop screwing other people.-Renegade

isn't that the whole point of marriage though?

Not necessarily. I had sex with a married woman who was a swinger in a polyamorous marriage.
#15 Posted by Tessellation (8796 posts) -

[QUOTE="Tessellation"]

edit

-Renegade

i know the way i worded it sounds odd but many people think like this.

you can love someone so much but is way too extreme if this person cheated on you several times and you still take her back. :s

#16 Posted by SolidTy (42134 posts) -

Nope. Drop him or her and move on. Not worth the misery of a long relationship.
BAIL.

#17 Posted by LongZhiZi (2453 posts) -
Nope- not worth the headache or hassle. I won't even date a woman who plays games in that kind of way. It's one of those, "so are we in this thing or are we not?" I would not mind dating a girl who told me upfront that she had no long term aspirations with me.
#18 Posted by XilePrincess (13116 posts) -
No. A paper and a ring shouldn't be the c*ckblock for a cheater. If we're in a serious relationship, we're in a monogamous relationship whether or not we're married. Anyone who thinks marrying somebody will stop their cheating is kidding themselves.
#19 Posted by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -

BAIL.

SolidTy
I concur.
#20 Posted by SolidTy (42134 posts) -

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

BAIL.

Allicrombie

I concur.

Smart. ;)

So, you seeing anyone? :P I'm not really on the market, j/k : P

#21 Posted by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

BAIL.

SolidTy

I concur.

Smart. ;)

So, you seeing anyone? :P I'm not really on the market, j/k : P

haha.
#22 Posted by sukraj (21902 posts) -

No

#23 Posted by toast_burner (21338 posts) -

I'd be more concerned about them thinking marriage is important than them cheating on me.

#24 Posted by tenaka2 (17013 posts) -

Only if I can watch.

#25 Posted by thegerg (14692 posts) -
Marry someone because they're a cheater? No, that's stupid, and so is this thread.
#26 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150066 posts) -
No. Once a cheater always a cheater.
#27 Posted by redstorm72 (4518 posts) -

No. If your partner can't even be bothered to remain exclusive to you, then they clearly don't give a f*** about you and they aren't worth marrying, let alone continuing a relationship with.

#28 Posted by toast_burner (21338 posts) -

No. Once a cheater always a cheater.LJS9502_basic
This is simply not true.

#29 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150066 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]No. Once a cheater always a cheater.toast_burner

This is simply not true.

Someone who thinks it's okay to cheat isn't going to change that mindset. I take it you've cheated?
#30 Posted by shadowkiller11 (7953 posts) -
No... who does that?
#31 Posted by Kats_RK (2079 posts) -

No.That's just a stupid thing to do.

#32 Posted by Omni-Slash (54404 posts) -
who in their right mind would say yes?...
#33 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16744 posts) -
My momma didn't raise no fool.
#34 Posted by coolkid93 (6715 posts) -

No because if they are doing that before you get married, why the heck would I want to still marry them knowing they'll most likely do the same thing while we're married? Marrying them won't stop the cheating. IMO there really aren't any reasons to go out and cheat.

#35 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18334 posts) -
No way, if they can't be faithful in a relationship then no way would I take it to the next level. They would obviously still cheat then too. Better to save yourself the headaches and heartache and dump her.
#36 Posted by soulless4now (41360 posts) -

No, that would be a waste of everyone's time. 

#37 Posted by jcopp72 (5335 posts) -
you are not going to stop them from cheating.
#38 Posted by toast_burner (21338 posts) -

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]No. Once a cheater always a cheater.LJS9502_basic

This is simply not true.

Someone who thinks it's okay to cheat isn't going to change that mindset. I take it you've cheated?

No I haven't but I'm not ignorant enough to think there has never been someone who's cheated and then not done so again. 

#39 Posted by Suzy_Q_Kazoo (9901 posts) -

Nah. I don't NEED to be married at all, so I wouldn't settle for something like that.

#40 Posted by Mercenary848 (9058 posts) -

No

#41 Posted by mrbojangles25 (31985 posts) -

only if she slept with another woman.  

I can't stand the idea of another man's penis being inside my woman.  I mean, obviously she would have had sex before our relationship with other people, but during?  

You have serious issues if you can't keep it in your pants; its like the most simple, basic form of loyalty.

#42 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

No.  That doesn't work.  For a person to be worth marrying, they must first be trustworthy.  Getting married doesn't suddenly change someone's nature and habits.  

#43 Posted by Bucked20 (6951 posts) -
Hell no,that reminds me of females that get pregnant on purpose thinking that's the only way they'll keep their man around
#44 Posted by lamprey263 (22833 posts) -
That's a deal breaker, I wouldn't marry someone like that. If they're that compulsive to cheat while not married then getting married probably won't change that. Or if the cheating was done to manipulate me into proposing then that should be a warning sign of an aggressive manipulative personality. Either way getting married to that person seems like a horrible idea.