Would this be considered abuse by teacher (4 yrs. ago)?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the_plan_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By the_plan_man
Member since 2011 • 1664 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

He's got every right to be frustrated with you and people like you that can't put in the proper effort to pass his class, because in the end they just blame teachers as if it's their fault that students can't work hard enough. That's his livelihood, and you darn kids threaten it by not paying attention, not reading your text books, not doing the homework.

But you should have reported him, because for your own good he probably should have failed you, and not doing so has done you irreparable harm.

Yes, because he should have listened to an online hater who knows little about the situation instead of taking into account the factors that actually led to me failing. I was struggling with the materials and I was discouraged, and that was it. I can tell you, I tried my absolute hardest the last month and a half of the class--I got a tutor, I studied for literally hours on end, and I read the textbook. My final two exam grades were 69 and 73, which shows how sucky I was at the material. The reason the two assignments earlier in the semester (worth a cumulative of 10 points) were not completed was because I was discouraged, not only from the class but the fact that I had lost my job the year before, had no support at school, and was depressed. The teacher also told me that if I my grades my senior year were bad, he would reverse the grade as he could for 3 years. As for it being detrimental, it was the opposite; it was a motivator to my future self, and I made sure all assignments were completed, I sought help when I needed it, and since I have gotten good grades (B average), and am getting along just fine.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

It makes him unprofessional and (probably) very stressed out. But it doesn't constitute abuse unless he flat-out called you names or used highly inappropriate language in his rants, or threw something.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#53 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

Not unless he was targeting you specifically, he could have been going through some issues in his personal life or as @superbuuman said, maybe he was upset because he had to do extra work because of you.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#54 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

@Shmiity: I hate teachers like that, they are so toxic.