Would Bruce Lee be able to beat this man in his prime?

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 mahlasor
Member since 2010 • 1278 Posts
So this guy goes from 205 pounds, to 255 pounds >_>. Trust me, I work out, and to be honest, I lost more weight than I gained. muscles do not add up that quickly. see this chart, at most he should weight 205 pounds http://www.netfit.co.uk/fatwht.htm Lol clubber lang could beat all three combined! That picture of the guy in chains look more like stallone than bruce lee by a long shot. edit: wait.... a minute
lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

I don't know who that is.

Necrifer

Alistair Overeem.

ALISTAIR UBEREEM!!
DRAGONPIECEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 DRAGONPIECEZ
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts

[QUOTE="SuprmanLuvHandl"]

[QUOTE="Jfisch93"] So they DO have something on Lee. Lee is the 2nd most overrated fighter of all time, next to chuck norris.

BMD004

I don't think anybody saying Chuck Norris is the greatest fighter is being serious. Surely nobody believes Chuck Norris kicked a man so hard his foot broke the speed of light, went back in time and killed Amelia Earhart while she was flying over the Pacific Ocean:o

Both even had "fights". Except Norris has actually competed in plenty of tournaments to test his skills. Guess how many Bruce has competed in? Maybe 1 or 2. And other than that, they are basically the same.

So you're saying that just because Lee didn't participate in any h@rdc0re tournaments, he isn't a legitimate martial artist? You're saying the only way to test a martial artist's skill is through organized tournaments? Fail

lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts

[QUOTE="BMD004"][QUOTE="SuprmanLuvHandl"]

I don't think anybody saying Chuck Norris is the greatest fighter is being serious. Surely nobody believes Chuck Norris kicked a man so hard his foot broke the speed of light, went back in time and killed Amelia Earhart while she was flying over the Pacific Ocean:o

DRAGONPIECEZ

Both even had "fights". Except Norris has actually competed in plenty of tournaments to test his skills. Guess how many Bruce has competed in? Maybe 1 or 2. And other than that, they are basically the same.

So you're saying that just because Lee didn't participate in any h@rdc0re tournaments, he isn't a legitimate martial artist? You're saying the only way to test a martial artist's skill is through organized tournaments? Fail

yeah he was a martial artist. but not a figher. he didn't fight.
muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 muffincakes87
Member since 2008 • 3913 Posts

Bruce Lee was an actor. He became famous because what he brought to the big screen. Yes, their might be fighters that might be better than him but they will never leave a bigger landmark than Bruce left.

DRAGONPIECEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 DRAGONPIECEZ

[QUOTE="DRAGONPIECEZ"]

[QUOTE="BMD004"] Both even had "fights". Except Norris has actually competed in plenty of tournaments to test his skills. Guess how many Bruce has competed in? Maybe 1 or 2. And other than that, they are basically the same.lloveLamp

But him being an amazing martial artist translates into him being an amazing fighter, and BMD004 sounds like he's implying that the only way someone can be seen as a good fighter is if one participates in organized, public tournaments, which is 100% false. Did I mis-interpret?

Mousetaches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Mousetaches
Member since 2009 • 1293 Posts

I feel like Bruce was all about speed, and today's martial artists are all about power. Two different types of fighters in two different times. Although I respect Bruce a lot more than any UFC fighter.

narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#58 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts
yea probably , is there is a chance that he could fight Anderson silva?
BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 BMD004
Member since 2010 • 5883 Posts

I feel like Bruce was all about speed, and today's martial artists are all about power. Two different types of fighters in two different times. Although I respect Bruce a lot more than any UFC fighter.

Mousetaches
Not at all. There are plenty of fighters based on speed. Ever heard of Frankie Edgar? Manny Pacquiao? Melvin Guillard? Jeremy Stephens? Jose Aldo?
TM_Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TM_Darkside
Member since 2007 • 3993 Posts

Bruce Lee is a legend and somewhat of a mythical figure, but Overeem would absolutely eat him alive.

No disrespect to Lee, as I'm definitely a Bruce Lee fan.

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 BMD004

[QUOTE="lloveLamp"][QUOTE="DRAGONPIECEZ"]

DRAGONPIECEZ

But him being an amazing martial artist translates into him being an amazing fighter, and BMD004 sounds like he's implying that the only way someone can be seen as a good fighter is if one participates in organized, public tournaments, which is 100% false. Did I mis-interpret?

I'm saying that people who win tournaments have real fight experience. If there were two martial artists, and they were both really good, but one of them won a bunch of tournaments, then I'd pick the guy with the real fight experience. Anyway, I don't understand how Bruce Lee has been pumped up to mythical proportions. Saying he was the best fighter EVER? No matter how big, how skilled, how fast or how strong any other fighter is, people always will say Bruce Lee can beat them up. It is absolutely comical.
BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 BMD004

Bruce Lee is a legend and somewhat of a mythical figure, but Overeem would absolutely eat him alive.

No disrespect to Lee, as I'm definitely a Bruce Lee fan.

TM_Darkside
I like Bruce, too. I have nothing against him. I'm just trying to set the record straight. Bruce can't beat probably any of the fighters in the UFC. Martial arts has just evolved SO MUCH since then, not to mention conditioning and training.
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Yes, Bruce Lee would KTFO the Demolition man.

rockerbikie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 rockerbikie
Member since 2010 • 10027 Posts

No, Bruce Lee is overrated.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
I like his last name. ^_^
DRAGONPIECEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DRAGONPIECEZ

[QUOTE="DRAGONPIECEZ"]

[QUOTE="lloveLamp"] yeah he was a martial artist. but not a figher. he didn't fight.BMD004

I'm saying that people who win tournaments have real fight experience. If there were two martial artists, and they were both really good, but one of them won a bunch of tournaments, then I'd pick the guy with the real fight experience. Anyway, I don't understand how Bruce Lee has been pumped up to mythical proportions. Saying he was the best fighter EVER? No matter how big, how skilled, how fast or how strong any other fighter is, people always will say Bruce Lee can beat them up. It is absolutely comical.

Not true. One could gain as much experience sparring at their school than in an actual tournament. (In my dojo, we spar all out with no equipment. It's amazing experience.) One could also gain knowledge and experience if they tested their skills in the streets. So just because you pick the guy who you know has won all of those fancy-shmansy public tournaments, he won't necessarily defeat the person, that unbeknownst to many, has hands on experience from other resources. So there are many ways for people to have "real fighting experience", like you say, other than participating in tournaments. Just keep that in mind. ;)

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 BMD004

[QUOTE="BMD004"][QUOTE="DRAGONPIECEZ"]

DRAGONPIECEZ

Not true. One could gain as much experience sparring at their school than in an actual tournament. (In my dojo, we spar all out with no equipment. It's amazing experience.) One could also gain knowledge and experience if they tested their skills in the streets. So just because you pick the guy who you know has won all of those fancy-shmansy public tournaments, he won't necessarily defeat the person, that unbeknownst to many, has hands on experience from other resources. So there are many ways for people to have "real fighting experience", like you say, other than participating in tournaments. Just keep that in mind. ;)

You're trying to tell me? Look, sparring is great, and it prepares you for a real fight. But the only way to test yourself against the top guys in the world is to fight against the top guys in the world for real. That is the only way. If Bruce was not fighting against the top guys in the world, then he probably wouldn't be able to beat the top guys in the world. Even the future champions in the UFC weren't nearly as good as they are at the time they were the champ. Somebody can't just walk into the UFC and beat the champion if they have only sparred before. Trust me. And there is no way that you spar with no equipment at 100%. Either you are not going 100%, or you guys suck, because if you were going 100% with no equipment, you would be injured every day.
Frenzyd109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#69 Frenzyd109
Member since 2007 • 2276 Posts
some of you guys need to read a book or two about Bruce Lee. He was one of the most dedicated and talented martial artists on the planet. He created his own martial art, Jeet Kun Do. Read up on some of his physical feats and accomplishments, and what he did every day to stay in shape. The fact that you actually think some big MMA fighter that can KO a bunch of nobodies could stand a chance against Lee is a joke.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
If you're going to ask about someone who we know nothing about, it would be nice for you to provide information.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

Bruce Lee is incredibly overrated. I find him to be a boring fighter who has rarely won. they just happened to be upsets, but then again every fight he won was an upset because of how bad he was.

RearNakedChoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 RearNakedChoke
Member since 2009 • 1699 Posts

If Alistair Overeem was 50, prime Bruce Lee still wouldn't have been able to beat him. Overeem pre-growth hormone would have walloped him too.

dracos9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#74 dracos9000
Member since 2006 • 1318 Posts

nvm

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
 He will Crush both of them.
BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 BMD004

some of you guys need to read a book or two about Bruce Lee. He was one of the most dedicated and talented martial artists on the planet. He created his own martial art, Jeet Kun Do. Read up on some of his physical feats and accomplishments, and what he did every day to stay in shape. The fact that you actually think some big MMA fighter that can KO a bunch of nobodies could stand a chance against Lee is a joke. Frenzyd109
I know all about Bruce Lee. My uncle is a well-known Jeet Kune Do instructor. He does seminars all over the world. He wrote several books on JKD and Bruce Lee. He used to write articles for Bruce Lee Magazine. He was trained and given instructor rank under Dan Inosanto (Who is an original student of Bruce Lee). Trust me, I know about Bruce Lee, and I respect Bruce Lee for many reasons.

But here is the honest truth: physical feats and accomplishments are great, but they don't mean much when it's time to fight. Secondly, his feats and accomplishments have been pumped up to mythical proportions, as if that justifies him being a great fighter. And third, you say that the "big MMA fighter" can KO a bunch of nobodies......... What I say to this is who has Lee fought? Who has Lee knocked out to make him a great fighter? And that "big MMA fighter" didn't KO a bunch of nobodies. Are you serious? He's fought some of the best martial artists in the world, and best kickboxers in the world. To even think that a 140 pound JKD fighter from the 1960's who never even competed in any significant fights can beat a 255 pound kickboxing/submission grappling beast from 2010 is frankly the ignorance I was looking for when I made this thread.

It's like saying that Jerry West would destroy Chris Paul in basketball. Laughable. But even still, that is a bad analogy, because Jerry West actually played in the NBA. Bruce Lee never even had significant fights. A better analogy would be me saying "some point guard who never even played in college or the NBA from the 1960's could beat Chris Paul in basketball".

icedout06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 icedout06
Member since 2003 • 305 Posts

Yes, I find it funny when these MMA/UFC fans try to pit lee against these fighter, NONE of them have nothing on Lee

legend26
and i find these chuck norris/bruce lee fans even more amusing these guys look nice in movies and or against some1 untrained.. lee is a hard man but overeem would break his neck.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#78 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

[QUOTE="F1_2004"]Probably. I've never heard of him, plus he seems to be fighting against some chumps. He looks tough but anyone can go to the gym.BMD004

Is that Jean-claude van damme?!...:shock:

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 BMD004

If you're going to ask about someone who we know nothing about, it would be nice for you to provide information.Lonelynight

Alistair Overeem - He's a Dutch fighter. If you know anything about the Netherlands, you know they are big on kickboxing. A lot of the world's best kickboxers come from there. These guys are AMAZING "strikers". If you think any kung fu or jkd fighter can stand up and fight with these guys, guess again. Not only that, but Alistair Overeem is 6 feet 5 inches tall, and 255 pounds. He has a reach of 81 inches.

To put his reach in perspective, a 5'7", 145 pound fighter has a reach of about 70 inches. Overeem has nearly a WHOLE FOOT of reach advantage. This is reason enough to conclude that he would destroy Bruce Lee... not to mention he is nearly a foot taller and 100 pounds heavier.

More notes: He is versed in Kickboxing, Muay Thai, and Submission Grappling. He is the current Strike Force Heavyweight Champion of the World. His kickboxing record is 7-4, with a win over Badr Hari. His MMA record is 33-11. But also keep in mind, he's recently hit his prime. Despite what his current record is, he looks UNSTOPPABLE right now.

This knee is ridiculous for a heavyweight:

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 BMD004

[QUOTE="BMD004"]

[QUOTE="F1_2004"]Probably. I've never heard of him, plus he seems to be fighting against some chumps. He looks tough but anyone can go to the gym.tocool340

Is that Jean-claude van damme?!...:shock:

lol no.. it's Badr Hari.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

i'm not going to come in here and say bruce lee like everyone else in here because i know nothing about the guy in question, but who knows, it would be interesting

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 BMD004

i'm not going to come in here and say bruce lee like everyone else in here because i know nothing about the guy in question, but who knows, it would be interesting

Chris_Williams
Answer me this... have you ever seen Bruce Lee fight?
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

What if this unknow man have been in the 60's in the same conditions that Bruce Lee? I bet Bruce Lee will pwn him, same deal, if Bruce Lee were in his prime in this age, with the proper training, he still pwn this unknow guy.

On a more serious note, El Santo would beat them both...at the same time :D

santo

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 BMD004

What if this unknow man have been in the 60's in the same conditions that Bruce Lee? I bet Bruce Lee will pwn him, same deal, if Bruce Lee were in his prime in this age, with the proper training, he still pwn this unknow guy.

santo

madsnakehhh

That makes no sense. And this guy is only unknown if you know nothing about martial arts. And you obviously don't know who this guy is, which leads me to conclude that you know nothing about martial arts. Which leads me to conclude that your opinion is invalid.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

According to the last thread we had, Bruce lee couldn't beat a paraplegic with the flu even on his best day.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 madsnakehhh

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

santo

BMD004

That makes no sense. And this guy is only unknown if you know nothing about martial arts. And you obviously don't know who this guy is, which leads me to conclude that you know nothing about martial arts. Which leads me to conclude that your opinion is invalid.

Relax dude, as my Santo pic proves, i'm just messing with you, is just that you are taking this thread way, way, way to serious.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

santo

BMD004

El santo and Bruce Lee are both a heck of alot more well known then this guy.

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 BMD004

[QUOTE="BMD004"]

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

santo

Pixel-Pirate

So? If you follow martial arts, then you know Alistair Overeem.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

[QUOTE="BMD004"] That makes no sense. And this guy is only unknown if you know nothing about martial arts. And you obviously don't know who this guy is, which leads me to conclude that you know nothing about martial arts. Which leads me to conclude that your opinion is invalid.

BMD004

And if you exist, you know El Santo and Bruce Lee.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Chris_Williams
[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

BMD004

i love bruce lee, enter the dragon, fist of fury, the way of the dragon, but i never seen the mma dude fight so i can't guess who i would think would win
BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 BMD004

[QUOTE="BMD004"]

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

Pixel-Pirate

And if you exist, you know El Santo and Bruce Lee.

But what I am saying is, what does that have to do with anything?
BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 BMD004

[QUOTE="BMD004"][QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

Chris_Williams

i love bruce lee, enter the dragon, fist of fury, the way of the dragon, but i never seen the mma dude fight so i can't guess who i would think would win

.................... those are movies! That isn't fighting. That is ACTING. Have you ever seen Bruce Lee fight for real?

If that is what we are going by, then Matt Damon is one of the best martial artists in the world.. did you see what he did to people in the Bourne Identity, Supremacy, and Ultimatum???

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 madsnakehhh

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="BMD004"] Answer me this... have you ever seen Bruce Lee fight?BMD004

.................... those are movies! That isn't fighting. That is ACTING. Have you ever seen Bruce Lee fight for real?

If that is what we are going by, then Matt Damon is one of the best martial artists in the world.. did you see what he did to people in the Bourne Identity, Supremacy, and Ultimatum???

Again, you are taking this waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to serious, do you realice you are messing with a legend? do you realize you will never change people's opinions? i'll tell you what, what if i make a thread about how Usher is a better artist than Michael Jackson, let's see how well that turns.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Chris_Williams

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="BMD004"] Answer me this... have you ever seen Bruce Lee fight?BMD004

i know they were movies, i'm just saying i'm a fan of his, i seen documentaries, exhibitions and him training, jeez
BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 BMD004

[QUOTE="BMD004"]

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"] i love bruce lee, enter the dragon, fist of fury, the way of the dragon, but i never seen the mma dude fight so i can't guess who i would think would winmadsnakehhh

Again, you are taking this waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to serious, do you realice you are messing with a legend? do you realize you will never change people's opinions? i'll tell you what, what if i make a thread about how Usher is a better artist than Michael Jackson, let's see how well that turns.

That would only work if Michael Jackson never sang and danced for real. And I'm not taking it too seriously... I'm just debating like anybody else.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 madsnakehhh

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

[QUOTE="BMD004"] .................... those are movies! That isn't fighting. That is ACTING. Have you ever seen Bruce Lee fight for real?

BMD004

That would only work if Michael Jackson never sang and danced for real. And I'm not taking it too seriously... I'm just debating like anybody else.

So? Bruce Lee wasn't a martial artist? never trained? never work like crazy to have his condition? all was giving to him for free?

You talk like Bruce Lee didn't break his ass to be the legend we all know today.

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 BMD004
[QUOTE="BMD004"]

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"] i love bruce lee, enter the dragon, fist of fury, the way of the dragon, but i never seen the mma dude fight so i can't guess who i would think would winChris_Williams

i know they were movies, i'm just saying i'm a fan of his, i seen documentaries, exhibitions and him training, jeez

I asked if you have seen him fight, then you go on to list some of his movies. Which led me to believe that is your evidence of him being a great fighter. Exhibitions and him training mean nothing, honestly. The only way to really tell if somebody is a great fighter is to... well.... fight! You have never seen him fight, and I have never seen him fight. Why? Because he has never been recorded fighting in any kind of competition. Doesn't that strike you as odd? There are only "stories"... and some of these stories involve him fighting at the YMCA. So let me get this straight... the greatest fighter/martial artist to ever live... nobody has ever seen him fight, and those that claim to have seen him fight, say it was at the local YMCA? Something isn't right. It's not like they didn't have martial arts competitions, boxing competitions, etc back then.
BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 BMD004

[QUOTE="BMD004"][QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

madsnakehhh

So? Bruce Lee wasn't a martial artist? never trained? never work like crazy to have his condition? all was giving to him for free?

You talk like Bruce Lee didn't break his ass to be the legend we all know today.

He did train, and he was a martial artist. But the only reason he is a legend today is because of his movies. He isn't known for being a fighter. He is known for being an actor. There were famous fighters and martial artists even back in the 1960's. Lee got pumped up to mythical proportions because of what he did on the big screen. Not because of what he actually did with his fists.
grounderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 grounderman
Member since 2010 • 341 Posts

He isn't known for being a fighter.BMD004

shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#100 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts

Bruce Lee beat the hell out of Chuck Norris. Winning in this match would be his only option.