Would Any of These Cause You to Leave Your Partner?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

Would any of the following cause you to leave your romantic partner?

1. Was infected with and cured of sexually transmitted infections (e.g. syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, etc).
  2. Is infected with an incurable STD such as Herpes, HPV, or HIV.
  3. Has had more than ten partners in their past.
  4. Has engaged in orgies.
  5. Has cheated on a previous partner.
  6. Is sterile/ infertile.
  7. Worked as a prostitute in the past.
  8. Has engaged in necrophilia.
  9. Has engaged in bestiality.
  10. Has engaged in pedophilia.
  11. Has engaged in ephebophilia.

Obviously, the assumption is that you weren't aware of these things at the beginning of your relationship with your partner. So, how would you react upon them being revealed to you? Mention whether it would make any difference if the partner revealed it themselves or you found out on your own.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BluRayHiDef

@thegerg said:

Are they actually doing these tings, or just pretending?

Don't start, Greg. Don't start.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#5  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@BluRayHiDef: We're also to assume that they didn't actually lie about any of these, we just never asked and they never came forth with this information, right?

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

1: no

2:yes

3:no surely most people have had ten partners in their past depending on how old they are, also are we including childhood loved in this or just sexual partners?

4:not sure

5:depends why she cheated, but it would ring alarm bells.

6:depends on the love I have for her.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BluRayHiDef

@korvus said:

@BluRayHiDef: We're also to assume that they didn't actually lie about any of these, we just never asked and they never came forth with this information, right?

Yes.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BluRayHiDef

@ariabed said:

3:no surely most people have had ten partners in their past depending on how old they are, also are we including childhood loved in this or just sexual partners?

Ten partners is normal to you? I read somewhere that the average male has six partners in their lifetime and the average woman has three. What do you think of that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@BluRayHiDef: So assuming she knew all of the above and for some reason I would have sex with her without us getting checked first (which is stupid) I would need a very good explanation as for why she would put my health in jeopardy (referring to the second one in your list). Other than that, no.

That isn't to say that I'd be happy with someone with the orgy lifestyle but assuming that's all behind her, her past is her own and I'd rather judge her by the kind of person she is now.

EDIT: You need to stop editing the post after you get answers...you only had 6 in there when I answered =p

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BluRayHiDef

@korvus said:

@BluRayHiDef: So assuming she knew all of the above and for some reason I would have sex with her without us getting checked first (which is stupid) I would need a very good explanation as for why she would put my health in jeopardy (referring to the second one in your list). Other than that, no.

That isn't to say that I'd be happy with someone with the orgy lifestyle but assuming that's all behind her, her past is her own and I'd rather judge her by the kind of person she is now.

What if the partner committed bestiality and/ or necrophilia in the past? Would it make any difference whether they enjoyed it or not?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@BluRayHiDef: This thread is getting out of control XD

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

@BluRayHiDef: yeah but are we talking about all partners or just sexual ones? Because obviously through out school years you have girlfriends/boyfriends.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

1. Was infected with and cured of sexually transmitted infections (e.g. syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, etc).

Obviously, the assumption is that you weren't aware of these things at the beginning of your relationship with your partner. So, how would you react upon them being revealed to you? Mention whether it would make any difference if the partner revealed it themselves or you found out on your own.

1. No

2. HPV - No. HIV and Herpes - HELL YES. First off, I would hope my partner would be honest and upfront with me before we engage in any sexual activity if she had any kind of incurable sexually transmitted disease. That's a major problem if people are willingly engaging in relationships and keeping this major detail hidden.

3. No (I was once with a chick that had upwards of 30 partners...no worries though, I used protection. She was a bit psycho too, now that I think about it)

4. No

5. Depends. There's lots of reasons why this may have happened.

6. No (I'm not really too fond of having any kids of my own, so this might actually work in my favor)

7. Yes. Anyone that willingly engages in prostitution is not worthy of my love. Although, she would provide for some interesting stories I'm sure!

As far as how I found out about the info...I would hope my partner would tell me. I mean, in the case of "how many partners have you had" or "were you in an orgy" wouldn't really make a difference. That's in her past, and sometimes things like that have little bearing on the present, unless of course she lied to you and told you she was celibate or something.

Just as an added note - Finding out about ANY of these via the Maury Show of Jerry Springer would be an automatic deal breaker for me.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BluRayHiDef

I edited the OP and added a seventh entry.

Vanine_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Vanine_28
Member since 2007 • 572 Posts

@BluRayHiDef: The only one that wouldn't stop me from being in a relationship would be 6. The rest of them I think would be a deal breaker. I was debating about the "More then 10 partners" but then I thought about longevity in the relationship. To be with that many people (depending on your age too) might indicate some relationship issues.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5b797108c254e

Oh yeah, forgot to add. I would much rather hearing all of this from her, obviously but it wouldn't be much of a problem if I asked these questions right at the beginning before it got too serious and she hadn't come forth because she still wasn't completely comfortable.

Finding out from friends, ex-lovers etc would obviously be a problem, but I'm assuming then she would have to lie about it, since at least some of these discussions would come naturally when you're developing a relationship.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Most of BRHD threads feels wrong but gives me a good lulz =P. Keep making more threads BRHD , you are keeping OT alive and active HeHe

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By indzman

@BluRayHiDef said:

1. Was infected with and cured of sexually transmitted infections (e.g. syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, etc). NOPE
  2. Is infected with an incurable STD such as Herpes, HPV, or HIV. NOPE
  3. Has had more than ten partners in their past. YES, BUT JUST ONE NIGHT STAND
  4. Has engaged in orgies. YES BUT JUST ONE NIGHT STAND
  5. Has cheated on a previous partner. YES BUT ONE NIGHT STAND
  6. Is sterile/ infertile. NOPE
  7. Worked as a prostitute in the past. NOPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@indzman: Awkward threads are fun, right? I always imagine BRHD reading these while holding a notepad and a pen, taking notes non-stop and saying "I see! So THAT'S how you are supposed to react in that situation...this will be useful"

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BluRayHiDef

@Vanine_28 said:

@BluRayHiDef: I was debating about the "More then 10 partners" but then I thought about longevity in the relationship. To be with that many people (depending on your age too) might indicate some relationship issues.

What if all of the partners weren't full-blown romantic partners, but some of them were just one-night-stands or bang-buddies?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 indzman

@korvus said:

@indzman: Awkward threads are fun, right? I always imagine BRHD reading these while holding a notepad and a pen, taking notes non-stop and saying "I see! So THAT'S how you are supposed to react in that situation...this will be useful"

HaHa yeah . BRHD threads brings a chuckle after a boring day, not all TC's got this quality =P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@indzman: That's why I don't make threads. Online entertainment is not one of my strong suits.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

The only real deal breaker is 2 since it's not only unethical to withhold that information but in some cases it is illegal. Having a curable STD in the past isn't a big deal as long as lessons were learned.

Having more than ten partners would only bother someone who was either a virgin or only been with one or two girls, after a while you don't look at sex as sacred anymore unless it is with someone you love.

Orgies, prostitution, and cheating are questionable but if it is their distant past then it is something that can be overlooked. I have a vasectomy so her being sterile would only make me feel like I wasted my time getting snipped but nothing more.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 indzman

@korvus said:

@indzman: That's why I don't make threads. Online entertainment is not one of my strong suits.

You should make, but i'm sure you won't make stupid ass threads. Leave those to me, BRHD LOL !!!

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

1. No

2. Yes

3. No

4. No

5. No (it would make me extremely cautious, though)

6. No

7. No

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BluRayHiDef

@ad1x2 said:

The only real deal breaker is 2 since it's not only unethical to withhold that information but in some cases it is illegal. Having a curable STD in the past isn't a big deal as long as lessons were learned.

Having more than ten partners would only bother someone who was either a virgin or only been with one or two girls, after a while you don't look at sex as sacred anymore unless it is with someone you love.

Orgies, prostitution, and creating are questionable but if it is their distant past then it is something that can be overlooked. I have a vasectomy so her being sterile would only make me feel like I wasted my time getting snipped but nothing more.

I've been with only two women a total of three times. The last time was February 1st. I know, it's sad.

Vanine_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By Vanine_28
Member since 2007 • 572 Posts
@BluRayHiDef said:

@Vanine_28 said:

@BluRayHiDef: I was debating about the "More then 10 partners" but then I thought about longevity in the relationship. To be with that many people (depending on your age too) might indicate some relationship issues.

What if all of the partners weren't full-blown romantic partners, but some of them were just one-night-stands or bang-buddies?

I'm not sure how I would feel knowing I'm in a relationship with the town bicycle . If they weren't full blown relationships, this might mean...she gets around. Not sure how I feel about that. If we really connected then i think maybe I could look past it.

also, she might have to be able to suck a golf ball threw a hose, that always helps when looking past things.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@BluRayHiDef: What's sad? That you've only been with 3 women or that it didn't last? I don't think the number of women you've been with has any reflection on what kind of person you are. Just like a virgin is not necessarily a repulsive undateable (what's the correct word for this? =p) person, someone who sleeps around is not necessarily relationship material. It all depends on what you're looking for.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jasean79

@BluRayHiDef said:

I've been with only two women a total of three times. The last time was February 1st. I know, it's sad.

I didn't know you were married. lol

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts

1. Yes

2. Absolutely.

3. No.

4. No. (that turns me on actually)

5. Maybe.

6. No.

7. No.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BluRayHiDef

@korvus said:

@BluRayHiDef: What's sad? That you've only been with 3 women or that it didn't last? I don't think the number of women you've been with has any reflection on what kind of person you are. Just like a virgin is not necessarily a repulsive undateable (what's the correct word for this? =p) person, someone who sleeps around is not necessarily relationship material. It all depends on what you're looking for.

They weren't meant to last. They were random hook-ups.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@BluRayHiDef: If that's your thing, then there's nothing sad about it =)

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33  Edited By bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

1. No but it would be a concern

2. Yes. Gross

3. No. I have had more than 10 wtf does that matter?

4. Really? We live in the real world so I won't answer that one

5. No, We all make mistakes. The reasoning would be the important part.

6. No.

7. I would need more details with that. It could go yes or no.

@BluRayHiDef

Quality over Quantity MF.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

To me, it's not an immediate grounds to leave, others factors play into it, as well.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

1) well, it's cured but it would depend upon how many. I've had two curable STD's and am very picky about my partners now.

2) definitely would nix them unless I was infected with the same disease myself.

3) 10 is a low number today depending on your age. For 30's (my age group) I would say the number would have to be 20+ before I would consider dropping them. Too many variables and circumstances with this one.

4) definitely would nix them. I'm not into swinging.

5) I've only cheated once and it was when I was 19 and stupid. I'm 34 now. It would depend on how recent the cheating happened and how often.

6) I don't actually want kids so this wouldn't be an issue.

7) Nix them.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BluRayHiDef

I've added four more entries to the OP.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jasean79

@BluRayHiDef said:

Bestiality, necrophilia, and pedos now? Really man?

Having a history of performing crude sexual acts on the deceased, animals, or children would automatically eliminate anyone from my list of potentials. Sorry, I don't use 'Megans Law' as a means for dating material.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@jasean79 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

Having a history of performing crude sexual acts on the deceased, animals, or children would automatically eliminate anyone from my list of potentials. Sorry, I don't use 'Megans Law' as a means for dating material.

Give it time. Soon "Has killed your mother, raped your kid and sacrificed your dog to the dark God" will all be options.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BluRayHiDef

@jasean79 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

People can change. What if they've been rehabilitated?

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jasean79

@korvus: You know, at first I was taking his post seriously. Then he started added stuff on and now I realize this is a joke....HAS to be. There's no way this is legit....right? :/

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BluRayHiDef

@jasean79 said:

@korvus: You know, at first I was taking his post seriously. Then he started added stuff on and now I realize this is a joke....HAS to be. There's no way this is legit....right? :/

I'm serious. I included an array of options to accommodate the entire range of what a person might be willing to forgive or not forgive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@jasean79: It this thread came from almost any other poster I would put your mind at ease. From BRHD...he's either really that out there or he's the most comprehensive troll I have ever encountered.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jasean79

@BluRayHiDef said:

@jasean79 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

People can change. What if they've been rehabilitated?

Look, man. I know you haven't had a lot of experience in the dating department. But, this just takes desperation to a whole new level. You're losing credibility with every update. Stop it!

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jasean79

@korvus said:

@jasean79: It this thread came from almost any other poster I would put your mind at ease. From BRHD...he's either really that out there or he's the most comprehensive troll I have ever encountered.

I don't know what to make of him. I do know that his most recent updates to this thread are putting him in a class all by himself and if it gets by without being locked by a mod, I'll be very surprised.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46  Edited By RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

8. Has engaged in necrophilia.
  9. Has engaged in bestiality.
  10. Has engaged in pedophilia.
  11. Has engaged in ephebophilia.

1.No

2.If I wasn't informed previous then yes

3.No

4.No

5.No

6.No

7.No

8.Yes

9.Yes

10.Yes

11.No

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@jasean79: It's getting wild, that's for sure. You tell the guy that the amount of previous sexual partners doesn't automatically makes you want to break up so he asks "what if they had sex with animals kids and dead people?" What the bloody hell?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By indzman

BRHD posts are getting more crazy and creepy =P

P.S

inb4lock

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jasean79

@korvus: Interesting too, that he thinks "guy on guy" is repulsive, but sex with animals is fair game and not necessarily a deal breaker? I'm at a loss for words.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@jasean79: Yeah, I'm going to walk away from this one....might be contagious...