Worst things you have been told on a first date

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@sheikhspeare said:

@Storm_Marine said:

@sheikhspeare said:

@Storm_Marine said:

@sheikhspeare said:

@Storm_Marine said:

@sheikhspeare said:

@indzman: do not translate okay?

I think it's something along the lines of: brother-in-law sister from kiss of do is there?

Knowing what language it is would probably be helpful, but I guess Hindi and Punjabi are somewhat similar?

And behold! I've translated your earlier post into perfect Engrish.

"Girl, even before utter the words of these blasphemy, but not be able to translate it, so go my recognition as long, something must have happened really terrible thing." -Sheikspeare,

Oh my God, I feel like I'm gonna cry any minute.

tears of joy I hope?

No, embarrassment actually. What the **** was that translation?

which one? the first or second?

Both my eyes are bleeding tears. Get it?

If you have problems with the translations I suggest you speak to the editors.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-598fc45371265

@sheikhspeare

The editors of Storm Marine Hindustani Translations Inc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265

@sheikhspeare said:

@Storm_Marine: I think you need to hire some 'real' professionals.

Eh,I think you're just nitpicking. My translation of the Hindi effectively carriers across the original meaning. I'm sure we could argue over the details of the grammar all night but why bother?

And I'll have you know my team worked literally minutes to bring OT that fine translation.

Avatar image for deactivated-59921cb703b3a
deactivated-59921cb703b3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57  Edited By deactivated-59921cb703b3a
Member since 2012 • 353 Posts

@sheikhspeare said:

@Storm_Marine said:

@sheikhspeare said:

Eh,I think you're just nitpicking. My translation of the Hindi effectively carriers across the original meaning. I'm sure we could argue over the details of the grammar all night but why bother?

Your translation even confused me about what I said. Get real professionals dagnabbit!

Namaskāra, maiṁ bhaviṣya mēṁ anuvāda kī saṭīkatā suniścita karanē kē li'ē Storm_Marine dvārā kāma para rakhā gayā hai!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-598fc45371265

@sheikhspeare said:

@Neoklondiak said:

@sheikhspeare said:

@Storm_Marine said:

@sheikhspeare said:

Your translation even confused me about what I said. Get real professionals dagnabbit!

Namaskāra, maiṁ bhaviṣya mēṁ anuvāda kī saṭīkatā suniścita karanē kē li'ē Storm_Marine dvārā kāma para rakhā gayā hai!

Oh Lord, what have I gotten myself into?

Is it actually coherent? When I google translate it back into english it gives me something about "cupid". <_<

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-598fc45371265

Who knows what it says then.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#62  Edited By whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

@ashbee said:

This isn't necessarily what someone said to me, but the worst first date over all. I've told this story a couple times. I like to retell it because sometimes I still don't believe it actually happened to me.

I was a sophomore at university at the time, and this guy was in one of my math classes. Statistics, I think. Anyway, he was good looking, tall, on the soccer team (I think?) and in good shape. He was also one of the most boring people I've ever met. He sounds like a stereotypical jock which again, makes this story seem so strange because I honestly thought people like him only existed in bad cheerleading movies. He asked me to eat with him a few times, and I'm bad at saying no and being direct so I always came up with excuses (Most of these were true, I often was too busy or was headed to another class.) One time though, he caught me on campus after a class and my next one was canceled. He asked if I wanted to take an hour to go eat at one of the places on campus and I actually had the time to do it so I said sure. For the most part, the date went exactly as I thought it would go. He was boring, saying pretty regular things and had mainstream answers to everything like how he enjoyed hanging out with friends and seeing movies. We talked about the soccer team a bit and not very much about me. About 20 minutes into it is when it finally gets interesting, but in the worst way.

A girl comes into the place, and everyone notices this because the doors are super heavy and she swung them very wide and loudly banging them. She stomped over to us and you could see she was crying, and immediately starts screaming at the guy I'm with and calling me a whore/slut etc etc. Turns out the guy had a girlfriend. So now I'm here getting cussed out because this guy is a tool and I wanted to crawl in a hole and die. This only occurs for a few seconds (felt like a lot longer) before the guy stands up and slaps her across the face. Just slaps her. Didn't say a word.

That was when I ran. Just left right there. I didn't see how it ended.

At least it was a lot less boring than I thought it was going to be.

I always find it weird when the girlfriend/boyfriend gets mad at the other person. They should get mad at their partner, how is the other person to know?

I guess the confrontation was a blessing in disguise for you, it let you see him hit her so that you could know to stay away from him.

Ashbee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#63 Ashbee
Member since 2015 • 383 Posts

@whipassmt said:

@ashbee said:

This isn't necessarily what someone said to me, but the worst first date over all. I've told this story a couple times. I like to retell it because sometimes I still don't believe it actually happened to me.

I was a sophomore at university at the time, and this guy was in one of my math classes. Statistics, I think. Anyway, he was good looking, tall, on the soccer team (I think?) and in good shape. He was also one of the most boring people I've ever met. He sounds like a stereotypical jock which again, makes this story seem so strange because I honestly thought people like him only existed in bad cheerleading movies. He asked me to eat with him a few times, and I'm bad at saying no and being direct so I always came up with excuses (Most of these were true, I often was too busy or was headed to another class.) One time though, he caught me on campus after a class and my next one was canceled. He asked if I wanted to take an hour to go eat at one of the places on campus and I actually had the time to do it so I said sure. For the most part, the date went exactly as I thought it would go. He was boring, saying pretty regular things and had mainstream answers to everything like how he enjoyed hanging out with friends and seeing movies. We talked about the soccer team a bit and not very much about me. About 20 minutes into it is when it finally gets interesting, but in the worst way.

A girl comes into the place, and everyone notices this because the doors are super heavy and she swung them very wide and loudly banging them. She stomped over to us and you could see she was crying, and immediately starts screaming at the guy I'm with and calling me a whore/slut etc etc. Turns out the guy had a girlfriend. So now I'm here getting cussed out because this guy is a tool and I wanted to crawl in a hole and die. This only occurs for a few seconds (felt like a lot longer) before the guy stands up and slaps her across the face. Just slaps her. Didn't say a word.

That was when I ran. Just left right there. I didn't see how it ended.

At least it was a lot less boring than I thought it was going to be.

I always find it weird when the girlfriend/boyfriend gets mad at the other person. They should get mad at their partner, how is the other person to know?

I guess the confrontation was a blessing in disguise for you, it let you see him hit her so that you could know to stay away from him.

I suppose it is a reaction more than anything. They don't sit and think about who is in the wrong, because they just know that they are a victim and are hurt. Who knows. I wasn't upset with her anyway, I was more embarfassed.

I wasn't interested in him based on the boring parts of the date but yeah that was a big red flag to anyone in the building at the time.

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

That it was a dream cause I've never been on a first date.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

My husband is a drug dealer, but he's in jail.