World War Z...200 Million and counting.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by OgreB (2523 posts) -

And it's not done and according to the news it's not good either.

40 minutes of the movie has to be reshot.

Will Brad Pitts movie bomb?

Xfinity and Vanity Fair have the story.

#2 Posted by jimkabrhel (15416 posts) -

Not a good sign.

#3 Posted by johnd13 (7880 posts) -

I don' t have any high expectations anyway.

#4 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

Zombies, how tiresome.

#5 Posted by Mink (1788 posts) -
I get my zombie fill from the walking dead, so if this thing flops, won't bother me too much.
#6 Posted by rocinante_ (1666 posts) -

I don' t have any high expectations anyway.

johnd13

same, the book wasn't even any good

#7 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15499 posts) -

I read about the reshooting of the scenes, sucks. Movie looks good. I don't mind if it flops though....

#8 Posted by Wasdie (49507 posts) -

Darn I was looking forward too it for the mindless action. This can't be good for the movie.

#9 Posted by KiIIyou (27135 posts) -

Zombies, how tiresome.

sune_Gem
kindo Me want demons ;3
#10 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (27997 posts) -
This is the film where Brad Pitt apparently refused to comunicate with the director in person. Oh, and the reason he did the film in the first place, according to him: "for my children." You know the movie is gonna suck when the star gives the children defense.
#11 Posted by bobbetybob (19108 posts) -

Darn I was looking forward too it for the mindless action. This can't be good for the movie.

Wasdie
It's a PG13 so the mindless action probably wont even be any good.
#12 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -
PG 13, Zombies ain't even proper Zombies. Not even Ol' Jack could save this flick.
#13 Posted by WinsteadVolve (391 posts) -

I suppose I have to give it a chance, but I can see the film's structure and plot just collapsing right before my eyes.

#14 Posted by CJL13 (19137 posts) -

This is the film where Brad Pitt apparently refused to comunicate with the director in person. Oh, and the reason he did the film in the first place, according to him: "for my children." You know the movie is gonna suck when the star gives the children defense.sammyjenkis898

I dunno, the Street Fighter movie was meh but Raul Julia was good in it and he did it for his kids.

#15 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14343 posts) -

With all the bad buzz surrounding this movie--reshoots, going overbudget, PG-13 rating--the best that this film can hope for is for it to be a hit overseas, because this is more than likely going to be D.O.A. when it's released stateside.  I got a feeling this is gonna be the bomb of the summer.

#16 Posted by Pittfan666 (8532 posts) -
Saving my money for Star Trek, Iron Man 3, and the new Vin Diesel sci-fi movie.
#17 Posted by Evil_Saluki (4872 posts) -

Someone mention PG-13 rating? A film of this subject and the drama it's tryng to create shouldn't be a PG-13 rating, somethings wrong.

#18 Posted by KHAndAnime (13272 posts) -

Someone mention PG-13 rating? A film of this subject and the drama it's tryng to create shouldn't be a PG-13 rating, somethings wrong.

Evil_Saluki
To be fair, this stuff is more or less for teenagers...
#19 Posted by Evil_Saluki (4872 posts) -

[QUOTE="Evil_Saluki"]

KHAndAnime

Oh yeah I forgot, I'm in 2013 now : / 

#20 Posted by Evil_Saluki (4872 posts) -

It's going to be shaky cam and no onscreen deaths, apart from CGI ones from a massive distance away.

#21 Posted by MrGeezer (56014 posts) -
[QUOTE="Evil_Saluki"]

KHAndAnime

Also, if it really did cost $200 million, then it'd be utterly insane and irresponsible to NOT make it PG-13.
#22 Posted by one_plum (6321 posts) -

They could have simply done a Zombie survival guide mockumentary for a fraction of the budget.

#23 Posted by KHAndAnime (13272 posts) -

They could have simply done a Zombie survival guide mockumentary for a fraction of the budget.

one_plum
But that would require some legitimate creativity and rational thought on Hollywood's behalf :P It's so much easier to just directly rip off a book and dumb it down for cinema format.
#24 Posted by Optical_Order (5100 posts) -

Don't think I'll have any problem skipping this. 

#25 Posted by HyperWarlock (3256 posts) -

I remember seeing the production team shoot a scene in my home city (Glasgow) about a year ago now, was hoping it would turn out well.

#26 Posted by Morphic (4327 posts) -

For the movie with the mega fast "zombie living blob"in it, it better be darn good for me to consider seeing it.

#27 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
When a movie needs that much footage "re-shot" you know it's going to be sh!t.
#28 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13932 posts) -
Meanwhile at Max Brooks' house.
#29 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23410 posts) -

i really didn't like the book very much.

why would you write your novel from the perspective of the zompoclypse being over and you have won?

the entire book  had absolutely zero tension because of that decision.

i had very little hope for the movie in the first place just because the book was just not very good.

#30 Posted by _R34LiTY_ (3331 posts) -

Zombies in general have never grabbed my attention like it has to the rest of the herd.

With that said, I predict this to be the MegaFlop of the year!!

Well, not sure if it can be considered a flop since hardly anyone is hyping the roll of film, nevertheless.... FLOP!!

#31 Posted by dercoo (12555 posts) -

With all the bad buzz surrounding this movie--reshoots, going overbudget, PG-13 rating--the best that this film can hope for is for it to be a hit overseas, because this is more than likely going to be D.O.A. when it's released stateside.  I got a feeling this is gonna be the bomb of the summer.

Hallenbeck77

Don't degrade the oversee market.

They've had better tastes than us as of late in block busters

#32 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14343 posts) -

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

dercoo

Don't degrade the oversee market.

They've had better tastes than us as of late in block busters

It's not meant as a cheap shot to the foreign market.  A decent amount of movies had have much better success overseas than in the US. For example, last year's Battleship pulled in $237 million internationally, while it tanked stateside with only $65 million. With all the negative pre-release buzz here, I'm guessing that Paramount is banking on a huge international take, because I don't think it has much hope to be a hit in the U.S.

#33 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -
i was in it as an extra last year, sure as hell want to see it .
#34 Posted by EatShanna (875 posts) -
I didn't expect much from this adaptation. I'll get the blu-ray release when it's out.
#35 Posted by Baranga (14217 posts) -

It's going to be shaky cam

Evil_Saluki

Shaky cam in post-converted 3D from the hack director of Quantum of Solace.

#36 Posted by Ricardomz (2329 posts) -

I get my zombie fill from the walking dead, so if this thing flops, won't bother me too much.Mink

Pretty much my opinion.

#37 Posted by gago-gago (9223 posts) -
I thought the 200 mil are the zombies on screen but I guess that's the budget. :P. yeah I think it won't recoup that in theaters and that can be considered as bombing.