#51  Edited By bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

No Caption Provided
@SaintLeonidas said:

@bobaban said:
@StrifeDelivery said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

@BranKetra said:

I hope she gains more muscle for the film to be true to her role.

I truly do not understand this complaint from people. Many variations of the character look exactly like Gadot does. The early 2000 'Justice League' TV series version, early comic book versions, the new 52 version, hell even the 70's TV show version have similar builds...so what exactly is the "true" form people keep talking about? People keep imagining her as some body builder...that RARELY ever seems to be the case.

Exactly. It's either people want her to have a bigger chest and/or to pack on more muscle. She doesn't need to look like a steroidal bodybuilder in order to be Wonder Woman. With that being said, I enjoy the costume change, though wish it wasn't as dark. I find it a bit more classy than her previous outfits.

Uh what? In the comics she's definitely a "big" girl.

But I can understand why in film she's got the model build. Carano has the look but not the talent. Hollywood is about a certain type of pretty, just how it is.

I like the costume, looks like a good translation for film.

She isn't "big" in nearly any of the variations I have seen, including comics (see my post above).

Here she is in the new 52:

That's a big girl. Just do a google image search on Wonder Woman, alot of the depictions are of a bigger voluptuous woman. It's just what she's known for.

Also simply just compare her to the other females in DC. Supergirl, Batgirl are all smaller than her. Powergirl is the only one that rivals her. You can't deny this relative comparison.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#52 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

@bobaban said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

@bobaban said:
@StrifeDelivery said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

@BranKetra said:

I hope she gains more muscle for the film to be true to her role.

I truly do not understand this complaint from people. Many variations of the character look exactly like Gadot does. The early 2000 'Justice League' TV series version, early comic book versions, the new 52 version, hell even the 70's TV show version have similar builds...so what exactly is the "true" form people keep talking about? People keep imagining her as some body builder...that RARELY ever seems to be the case.

Exactly. It's either people want her to have a bigger chest and/or to pack on more muscle. She doesn't need to look like a steroidal bodybuilder in order to be Wonder Woman. With that being said, I enjoy the costume change, though wish it wasn't as dark. I find it a bit more classy than her previous outfits.

Uh what? In the comics she's definitely a "big" girl.

But I can understand why in film she's got the model build. Carano has the look but not the talent. Hollywood is about a certain type of pretty, just how it is.

I like the costume, looks like a good translation for film.

She isn't "big" in nearly any of the variations I have seen, including comics (see my post above).

Here she is in the new 52:

That's a big girl. Just do a google image search on Wonder Woman, alot of the depictions are of a bigger voluptuous woman. It's just what she's known for.

Also simply just compare her to the other females in DC. Supergirl, Batgirl are all smaller than her. Powergirl is the only one that rivals her. You can't deny this relative comparison.

Well you clearly did not see my other post, as I mentioned. I already posted images from her original appearance, straight up to the new 52. A majority of the variations of the character do not have her as someone with a lot of muscle. Even her arms in the image you posted are the same size as in the image in the OP (her biceps are practically indented in that new 52 image). The only thing different in the image you posted is her breast size, which should be a total non-factor when casting the character; and an even dumber complaint than her muscle size.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#53 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Again, my hope is based on realism and not necessarily that of canon. There is no need to be rude.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By SaintLeonidas

@BranKetra said:

Again, my hope is based on realism and not necessarily that of canon. There is no need to be rude.

Who is this directed to? No one is talking to you Bran, go home, you're clearly drunk.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 branketra

@SaintLeonidas: You, specifically.

SaintLeondias, you said something which I believed was directed at multiple users not excluding me because of what I had stated prior.

The only thing different in the image you posted is her breast size, which should be a total non-factor when casting the character; and an even dumber complaint than her muscle size.

Please understand, when my earlier comments in this thread are considered, I expect my concern to be viewed as sensible. If you disagree with me, I would appreciate us discussing it rather than my comment simply being called unintelligent because when that occurred considering the aforementioned posts, this thread began to be more negative than it was prior. My preference is forgoing that sort of thing.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SaintLeonidas

@BranKetra said:

@SaintLeonidas: You, specifically.

SaintLeondias, you said something which I believed was directed at multiple users not excluding me because of what I had stated prior.

The only thing different in the image you posted is her breast size, which should be a total non-factor when casting the character; and an even dumber complaint than her muscle size.

Please understand, when my earlier comments in this thread are considered, I expect my concern to be viewed as sensible. If you disagree with me, I would appreciate us discussing it rather than my comment simply being called unintelligent because when that occurred considering the aforementioned posts, this thread began to be more negative than it was prior. My preference is forgoing that sort of thing.

...not sure how directly quoting someone else, and using the word "you" to refer to an image that person posted could be considered as being directed at "multiple users". Pretty clearly directed at Bobaban.

But, if you want to apply my referring to comments on her muscle mass as dumb to your own comments, that is your own thing. I still stick with the idea that complaining about an actor's muscle size, when they are playing a character who in multiple variations had the same exact muscle mass as they currently do, is stupid. Gadot served 2 years in the IDF, kept in shape as a model, and has already been in a few action films; and it isn't like she has no muscle on her bones (see below). If you want to question her athleticism that is fine...but it is impossible to determine based on an image; and it plays no part in how she portrays Wonder Woman anyway, considering her strength isn't directly related to muscle mass.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#57 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I prefer the original wonder woman from the 70's

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#58 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

I'm more turn off that from her sword than her arm's aren't large like jessica biel from blade trinity. It's pretty small and doesn't look as sharp. Though jessie eisenberg as Lex Luthor is an odd cast choice.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 branketra

@SaintLeonidas: When talking to one person, it is possible to say something which is inadvertently directed at more than him or her.

I do not consider asserting a request for character redesigns unintelligent whatsoever. On the contrary, it is being proactive about a character I like. Superheroes are often at the physical peak of humanity or humanoid. Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hensworth, and Chris Evans all exercised to portray that. Also, Hugh Jackman got as strong as possible for his role in The Wolverine and it adds to the quality of that film. Wonder Woman is certainly of a different sort of physique and I am not asking for what Emil_Fontz thought was a good idea. However, I think the actor could be bigger. She seems small which is an opinion I do not hold about her comic book counterpart.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SaintLeonidas

@BranKetra said:

@SaintLeonidas: When talking to one person, it is possible to say something which is inadvertently directed at more than him or her.

I do not consider asserting a request for character redesigns unintelligent whatsoever. On the contrary, it is being proactive about a character I like. Superheroes are often at the physical peak of humanity or humanoid. Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hensworth, and Chris Evans all exercised to portray that. Also, Hugh Jackman got as strong as possible for his role in The Wolverine and it adds to the quality of that film. Wonder Woman is certainly of a different sort of physique and I am not asking for what Emil_Fontz thought was a good idea. However, I think the actor could be bigger. She seems small which is an opinion I do not hold about her comic book counterpart.

You just listed a bunch of male characters who ARE actually depicted as very muscular in most of their comics, except for maybe Stark but RDJ does not have a lot of muscle mass. So I am not sure how that applies to Wonder Woman, who as can be seen from all the images I already posted, is NOT always very muscular. I can understand wanting a muscular character to be portrayed by someone with a lot of muscle, but I can not understand why it is necessary for a character who is rarely depicted with a lot of muscle mass needs to be portrayed by someone muscular.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 branketra

@SaintLeonidas said:

@BranKetra said:

You just listed a bunch of male characters who ARE actually depicted as very muscular in most of their comics, except for maybe Stark but RDJ does not have a lot of muscle mass. So I am not sure how that applies to Wonder Woman, who as can be seen from all the images I already posted, is NOT always very muscular. I can understand wanting a muscular character to be portrayed by someone with a lot of muscle, but I can not understand why it is necessary for a character who is rarely depicted with a lot of muscle mass needs to be portrayed by someone muscular.

The point I am making is that those actors represented the physical attributes of their characters well and the intriguing part of that film being the characters will be more successful at impressing audiences.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#62 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

I thought this was going to be about a wardrobe malfunction.

I guess I was kind of right since you'd have to be malfunctioning to think that'd look good OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SaintLeonidas

@THE_DRUGGIE said:

I guess I was kind of right since you'd have to be malfunctioning to think that'd look good OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By THE_DRUGGIE

@SaintLeonidas said:

@THE_DRUGGIE said:

Hmph, some people have no appreciation for the art that is comedy.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#65 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

@sammyjenkis898: Looks boring. They should have gone with a slightly more built actress and more appealing face.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SaintLeonidas

@RadecSupreme said:

@sammyjenkis898: Looks boring. They should have gone with a slightly more built actress and more appealing face.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By THE_DRUGGIE
@RadecSupreme said:

I too dislike the Wonder Butterface in the OP.

I know I couldn't get with a woman like that IRL, but my imagination doesn't find it appealing and I like fat chicks anyway.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By SaintLeonidas

@THE_DRUGGIE said:
@RadecSupreme said:

I know I couldn't get with a woman like that IRL, but my imagination doesn't find it appealing and I like fat chicks anyway.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#69 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
@hallenbeck77 said:

It looks too drab and washed--more like Xena: Warrior Princess than Wonder Woman

That's not such a bad thing. She looks great but the only thing that worries me is her acting skills (or lack thereof).

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By THE_DRUGGIE

@SaintLeonidas said:

@THE_DRUGGIE said:
@RadecSupreme said:

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SaintLeonidas

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#72 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

@THE_DRUGGIE said:
@RadecSupreme said:

Well she's not ugly by any means, but there's just something that I don't think fits the Wonder Woman character. Maybe her face is just too thin as well as her body? Whatever it is, I'm sure most people won't have a problem with, it's just a personal opinion.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

I reserve judgement until I see her act the part. Also her body is ok, maybe the face isn't exactly like ww but comic book women always have that type of face

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#74 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

I hope she gets her WW outfit for the Justice League film.

Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Strakha
Member since 2003 • 1824 Posts

Her face kind of reminds me of the bearded lady who won Eurovison. The only thing this woman has me wondering is if she is actually a man.

megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 megaspiderweb09

@Strakha: Huuh, are you implying the actress is not feminine looking?

Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Strakha
Member since 2003 • 1824 Posts

@megaspiderweb09 said:

@Strakha: Huuh, are you implying the actress is not feminine looking?

Your reading and comprehension is amazing as that is exactly what I was implying. Sure her body could use more curves and be more voluptuous but the face, well that barely passes as being a woman much less wonder woman.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18782 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

It looks too drab and washed--more like Xena: Warrior Princess than Wonder Woman

The lady who played Xena is the best and only good heroin.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18782 Posts

@SaintLeonidas: The only thing different in the image you posted is her breast size, which should be a total non-factor when casting the character;

megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 megaspiderweb09

@Strakha: don't you think that's a bit harsh. I mean while her face doesn't exactly fit the character from the comics, I wouldn't go as far as to degrade the actress sexually. Also while pictures may say one thing, we would have to see her acting it out to really know of she can be wonder woman, I think gal looks feminine enough

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#81  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

looks like one of those $20 all in one packaged plastic costumes they sell at those seasonal pop-up Halloween shops, and Gadot looks like one of those generic models modelling it

they soooo should have cast Gina Carano for the role