Woman fatally shot as man pulls gun from waistband to hug her

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The-Apostle (12187 posts) -

Phoenix police say an embrace turned deadly when a woman was fatally shot as her boyfriend removed a gun from his waistband.

Story

WTF?!

#2 Posted by Aljosa23 (24841 posts) -

People like that shouldn't have guns.

#3 Posted by Ackad (3181 posts) -
That's not how concealed carry works...
#4 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14021 posts) -

I remember hearing a story of 2 siblings taking facebook photos with their guns, and the sister accidentally shot her brother in the face during the photoshoot(no pun intended).

News like these boggle my mind.

#5 Posted by Solaryellow (477 posts) -

Aljosa23
What kind of people? 18 year olds with a handgun?
#6 Posted by sonicare (53458 posts) -

The world has no shortage of idiots.

#7 Posted by Wasdie (49745 posts) -

It was clearly an accident. Guy probably didn't have the saftey on. 

#8 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
Too bad he couldn't be the one that got shot.
#9 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

Solaryellow
What kind of people? 18 year olds with a handgun?

You trying to regulate my constitution commie?
#10 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
huh? Where was she shot? IF he pulled a gun out of his waist, ONLY possible spot would be getting hit get in leg/foot.... IF any where else Clearly dude was raising it at her
#11 Posted by Solaryellow (477 posts) -
Could have easily been shot in the torso or higher up in the chest cavity depending on their height difference (provided there is one).
#12 Posted by Slow_Show (2153 posts) -

huh? Where was she shot? IF he pulled a gun out of his waist, ONLY possible spot would be getting hit get in leg/foot.... IF any where else Clearly dude was raising it at herk2theswiss

Shockingly, Hollywood isn't the best source for information on gunshot wounds. Getting shot in the leg (or shoulder, or arm, or pretty much anything that isn't an extremity or ass cheek Band of Brothers style) carries a risk of hitting a major blood vessel.

#13 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]huh? Where was she shot? IF he pulled a gun out of his waist, ONLY possible spot would be getting hit get in leg/foot.... IF any where else Clearly dude was raising it at herSlow_Show

Shockingly, Hollywood isn't the best source for information on gunshot wounds. Getting shot in the leg (or shoulder, or arm, or pretty much anything that isn't an extremity or ass cheek Band of Brothers style) carries a risk of hitting a major blood vessel.

o i know but, i'm curious where she was shot
#14 Posted by lamprey263 (23492 posts) -
she got to too physical and he prematurely shot his... wouldn't have happened if she was armed
#15 Posted by lamprey263 (23492 posts) -
he'll be fine though, negligent homicide in Arizona caries a maximum sentence of 3.75 years, given the gun culture there he'll probably get less
#16 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15592 posts) -
This would never have happened if she and everyone else in a 500 foot radius also had a gun.
#17 Posted by 6_Dead_360s (1663 posts) -

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]huh? Where was she shot? IF he pulled a gun out of his waist, ONLY possible spot would be getting hit get in leg/foot.... IF any where else Clearly dude was raising it at herSlow_Show

If you make it to the ER with a gunshot wound and still have a pulse, your odds are decent. If anything, hollywood makes it look like 1 bullet is instantly fatal no matter where it hits you.

I think a lot of accidental shootings happen from not having any trigger discpline.

#18 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
She was probably going to commit a crime sometime in her life.
#19 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Dude was a moron who doesn't have the first clue how to handle a gun. End of story.

#20 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Wasdie

Either that or he's a moron. Even with the safety off, a gun doesn't fire without pulling the trigger. If he (or any part of his clothing) even came close to the trigger, when he wasn't intending to shoot, then he's an idiot who doesn't know how to handle a gun.

#21 Posted by XilePrincess (13129 posts) -

Wasdie
If you're sticking a gun near your sausage and eggs, I'd friggin hope for your own sake you did put the safety on. But I guess that'd be natural selection, those people probably should not reproduce anyway.
#22 Posted by one_plum (6350 posts) -

I don't want to turn this into a debate, but I think hugs should be banned.

#23 Posted by lostrib (35722 posts) -

Aren't you not supposed to stick it in your waist band?  

#24 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

lostrib

Yeah. That was the first sign that this dude is borderline retarded, and doesn't know how to handle a gun. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he's probably a young guy who thinks he's tough, and carries a gun because he thinks it makes him look badass. Fvcking imbecile.

Edit: Just glanced at the story. Dude is 18 years old. My theory = confirmed.

Also, gotta love the wording of the article. "The gun discharged". You mean, "he shot the gun". Guns don't shoot themselves, dumbasses at whatever pathetic excuse of a news station broke this story.

#25 Posted by DJ419 (997 posts) -

lostrib

It might have been holstered inside of his waistband. Would have been nice to know the specifics.

#26 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3817 posts) -

This is why guns should be illegal in most cases.

#27 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

This is why guns should be illegal in most cases.

MakeMeaSammitch

Because some random moron doesn't know how to use one? Yeah, that's valid reasoning. GTFO, commie.

#28 Posted by ferrari2001 (16873 posts) -
Who puts a gun in their pants without first checking the safety? This is why gun safety courses should be closely monitored so proper training can be applied to these gun owners.
#29 Posted by Sword-Demon (6970 posts) -
It boggles my mind how people can be so stupid.. If you're handling a firearm near anyone, especially someone you care about, why the **** would you have the safety off and your finger on the trigger?
#30 Posted by JustBeYourself (576 posts) -
LOL, f**king dumb pro-gun people still insisting on only blaming the people. Yeah, sure, that's great. Blame the people but what's more likely to be effective towards reducing gun-related deaths? Everyone in the world will become responsible and intelligent with guns OR we just take away the f**king guns to make sure it *can't* happen.
#31 Posted by mrbojangles25 (31995 posts) -

Wasdie

I wouldn't call that an accident, that is a little too innocent sounding for this.  This is neglect, carelessness, ignorance, stupidity...the nasty black-leaning grey area.

Still, this is a tragedy and I feel awful for the guy as he is problably feeling like the worst person in the world.

#32 Posted by Ace6301 (21389 posts) -
Yeah, that's going to happen eventually when you're carrying something made for killing people in an unsafe way.
#33 Posted by The-Apostle (12187 posts) -

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

the_bi99man

Yeah. That was the first sign that this dude is borderline retarded, and doesn't know how to handle a gun. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he's probably a young guy who thinks he's tough, and carries a gun because he thinks it makes him look badass. Fvcking imbecile.

Also, gotta love the wording of the article. "The gun discharged". You mean, "he shot the gun". Guns don't shoot themselves, dumbasses at whatever pathetic excuse of a news station broke this story.

"The gun discharged" is the only way I've ever seen it written when it's an accident. That's because that's how it's supposed to be written.
#34 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

The-Apostle

"The gun discharged" is the only way I've ever seen it written when it's an accident. That's because that's how it's supposed to be written.

guns don't shoot without someone pulling the trigger. End of story. 

#35 Posted by chaplainDMK (6812 posts) -

[QUOTE="Slow_Show"]

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]huh? Where was she shot? IF he pulled a gun out of his waist, ONLY possible spot would be getting hit get in leg/foot.... IF any where else Clearly dude was raising it at her6_Dead_360s

If you make it to the ER with a gunshot wound and still have a pulse, your odds are decent. If anything, hollywood makes it look like 1 bullet is instantly fatal no matter where it hits you.

I think a lot of accidental shootings happen from not having any trigger discpline.

If it hits the femoral artery you have like 3 minutes to stop the bleeding, which I suspect is pretty hard if it just happens out of nowhere, you're 18, and a good portion of the victims thigh is missing . Not to mention that getting hit there will probably also lead to your femur getting shattered.

Though yeah, the guy was an idiot.

#36 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Though yeah, the guy was an idiot.

chaplainDMK

This pretty much a given. It is literally impossible for something like this to happen if the person holding the gun is anything but an idiot.

#37 Posted by trasherhead (3058 posts) -
Guns; Making the world safer because of reasons!
#38 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58096 posts) -
He was well within his rights to have that gun. Complain all you want, commies.
#39 Posted by Solaryellow (477 posts) -
Who puts a gun in their pants without first checking the safety? This is why gun safety courses should be closely monitored so proper training can be applied to these gun owners. ferrari2001
Are you aware of not every firearm having a safety?
#40 Posted by The-Apostle (12187 posts) -

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

the_bi99man

guns don't shoot without someone pulling the trigger. End of story. 

That doesn't change how it's written. >_> But get back to the topic.
#41 Posted by comp_atkins (31328 posts) -

weapons of peace

#42 Posted by lostrib (35722 posts) -

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]Who puts a gun in their pants without first checking the safety? This is why gun safety courses should be closely monitored so proper training can be applied to these gun owners. Solaryellow
Are you aware of not every firearm having a safety?

then you really shouldn't stick it in your waistband, close to your junk.  Did no one see 8 mile?

#43 Posted by Gamefan1986 (1323 posts) -

Legs and arms are extremities.

#44 Posted by lordreaven (7236 posts) -

Wasdie
I agree. Do they teach safety before you're allowed to buy Guns in the US?