Why this girl wouldn't reply to my facebook message?

#1 Edited by crazyguy111 (151 posts) -

Hey, there was this girl who I liked at school. We danced (although never dated) in prom, she asked (or actually forced me lol) to dance with her on a few occasions, she offered me a ride home some times and greeted me in the hall ways occasionally. She even choose me for tweak week when we were both in the 9th grade. Although we never really talked much before or went out.

When our grade graduated highschool I sent her a facebook message saying "bye, have a good summer," I noticed that she saw my message and never replied. Even if she never really liked me, I thought she would at least say bye back to end the year. I feel somewhat disappointed and even rejected. Now we have both graduated from highschool and will likely never see each other again.

Why do you think this girl wouldn't reply to my facebook message? Thoughts?

#2 Edited by Master_Live (13605 posts) -

Do you have her as a friend on Facebook?

#3 Edited by crazyguy111 (151 posts) -
#4 Posted by airshocker (28195 posts) -

Maybe she just didn't want to reply. Your message didn't sound terribly urgent. Maybe if you had asked her to go out in that same message you would have gotten a reply.

#5 Posted by lightleggy (15836 posts) -

Uhhh she probably saw it on a rush or simply decided it wasn't something she had to reply to, doesn't mean she hates you.

Now my neighbor...that's a weird girl.

#6 Posted by Master_Live (13605 posts) -

Perhaps she saw it too late. I know I don't reply back to messages if too much time has passed since. Don't sweat it. If you try talk to her later and she ignores you again then maybe something is up.

#7 Posted by ssvegeta555 (2260 posts) -

She probably felt it was something she didn't need to reply to. I wouldn't worry too much, IMO.

#8 Posted by indzman (16396 posts) -

If she cares she will reply, if she dosen't forget and move on

#9 Edited by foxhound_fox (86826 posts) -

You are over-thinking and over-anticipating. You are behaving like a hormonally-charged male of a much younger age than you actually are.

If she didn't mean that much to you, this really shouldn't bother you that much. If she did mean that much to you, then try and get in contact with her another way (not everyone uses Facebook on a regular basis). The more and longer you dwell on this, the more time you will waste that could be better spent improving your life or finding someone else to be interested in.

#10 Posted by slateman_basic (3931 posts) -

Because she's not interested. Move on.

#11 Edited by Boddicker (2272 posts) -

She views you as worthless and weak.

#12 Edited by Sword-Demon (6870 posts) -

You just graduated high school, so I'm assuming you're roughly 18 years old.

Think about what you're saying. "This girl didn't respond on facebook when I told her bye!" You're a fucking adult, If you want any sort of chance with her, you're going to have to try a bit harder than "bye have a good summer."

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Class of 2014!

#13 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1743 posts) -

poke her instead

#14 Posted by Ariabed (1094 posts) -

Maybe she was disappointed you didn't ask her out, after she kept making the effort with you.

#15 Edited by finalstar2007 (24853 posts) -

Girls are a little complicated like that i mean you may think she's giving you a sign and that she definitely like you then she dont even reply to a small message.. a girl who comes out of her way to visit you in say an Occasion just to say hi or gives you a big birthday gift on your birthday ( you'd think that gift took her long time to prepare just for you so she must like me! ) or smile everytime she looks at you then dosent reply to a single message is very disappointing i mean all those signs say she likes me but she dosent reply on 1 message? hey thats girls for ya :P

#16 Posted by bowchicka07 (1069 posts) -

She sounds like a tease anyway.

#17 Posted by Iszdope (9395 posts) -

Because you are crazy, guy.

#18 Posted by johnd13 (7801 posts) -

@ariabed said:

Maybe she was disappointed you didn't ask her out, after she kept making the effort with you.

My thoughts as well. I don't see why she wouldn't reply back to you. If someone said to me "have a happy summer" and I wasn't going to see them for a very long time then I would feel the obligation to wish them back.

#19 Posted by kingcrimson24 (372 posts) -

maybe her internet connection dropped :u

#20 Posted by kingcrimson24 (372 posts) -

Girls are a little complicated

a little ? A LITTLE ?

#21 Posted by Korvus (2334 posts) -

These sorts of thread make me sad =(

#22 Posted by deeliman (2221 posts) -

I agree that you should have asked her out in that message.

#23 Edited by Behardy24 (2294 posts) -

@crazyguy111: Maybe send her another message now. Or, send her another message through another Social Media Outlet.

Maybe your High School has a Love Confessions Page like most High Schools do. You can sent her love letter through there, (You can do it anonymously)

Hope this helps! =)

#24 Posted by elkoldo (887 posts) -

@crazyguy111: Christ! Ask her out instead of saying "bye have good summer" and asking for thoughts in an internet forum!

#25 Posted by elkoldo (887 posts) -

@korvus: They make me even sadder,I guess you of all people know what they remind me of :(

#26 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10038 posts) -

is she even hot?

#27 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6141 posts) -

is she even hot?

That's an important question. We must know TC.

#28 Posted by geniobastardo (917 posts) -
#29 Edited by mems_1224 (45723 posts) -

You just graduated high school, so I'm assuming you're roughly 18 years old.

Think about what you're saying. "This girl didn't respond on facebook when I told her bye!" You're a fucking adult, If you want any sort of chance with her, you're going to have to try a bit harder than "bye have a good summer."

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Class of 2014!

lmao. i never understood why people have so much trouble talking to women. stop putting them on a pedestal nerds.

#30 Posted by thegerg (14361 posts) -

What kind of response are you expecting from a simple "bye"? Maybe try a real conversation.

#31 Edited by GazaAli (22491 posts) -

Flirt with some decent looking Facebook female friend and she'll lose her mind even if she was never interested in you.

You can thank me after you get to third base.

#32 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9259 posts) -

Welp it seemed like she might of had a lil crush on you and you never paid attention to her. And another is that you dont say Goodbye like to girls. It makes it seem like you dont give a crap and just dismissed her existence (and whatever ya had going on between ya that you probably werent aware of). And why did you say bye to her? Just cuz you graduated doesnt mean thats the end of the road and she has to leave. Sure you guys may probably might not see each other again, but by saying bye it seemed like you plan on not seeing or staying in contact with here ever again, like from here on out you dont really care to hear from her anymore. And thats probably what it sounded like to her. Ever high school graduations people know that everyone goes every which way and you lose friends, and you want to know or atleast hear that some people/friends still want to keep a friendship going after high life.

Life is a trip and after high all my close friends betrayed me, and the ones I was barely friends with or knew at all that well are now the ones Im currently hanging out with. People dont like to hear goodbyes, especially unnecessary goodbyes like the one you did. In life you'll learn that its always better to just say you'll keep in touch or that you'll still be friends even if it never happens, than to just tell the person "oh you are going to another college, ok then bye." "Oh you are moving to another state? Alright then goodbye."

#33 Edited by Glitter (341 posts) -

I think it was a big mistake posting this on here, most of the comment will not be serious; but people are usually stuck up when it comes to the Internet, so you may never get a response or understanding on why she is ignoring you.

#34 Posted by RadecSupreme (4601 posts) -

She doesn't value you. Best forget about the cunt.

#36 Edited by always_explicit (2619 posts) -

Why on Earth did you say goodbye to her???

Send her another message saying something like

I hope graduation isnt the last goodbye, I would love to see you regardless of the fact school has finished. Maybe we can switch numbers.

Then if you get a reply and she does want to be friends/more than friends that message will have her number in it. If you dont get a reply it would seem your not high on her priority list.

Despite the fact you sent the initial message with the best of intentions...effectively what you said was...LATERZ look after yourself.