why society looks down upon obese people ?

• 151 results
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

See, I've never really minded the motorized carts, because the way I see it, some people actually do have leg and back problems that making walking difficult, painful, or dangerous. If I see a fat person riding one, sure I could assume that he has no problems walking and is just riding it because he's fat. And if I see a thin person riding one, sure I could assume that he has no problems walking and is just lazy. But then, if fat people aren't supposed to ride them and thin people aren't supposed to ride them, then who the hell is supposed to be using those things?

Statistically speaking, would you say that the number of people using those handicap scooters/motorized carts is proportionate to the portion of the population who needs those things for valid medical reasons? Besides, some of these people may actually have medically valid reasons to ride them, but cause and effect need to be taken into account here if you catch my drift.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@MrGeezer said:

See, I've never really minded the motorized carts, because the way I see it, some people actually do have leg and back problems that making walking difficult, painful, or dangerous. If I see a fat person riding one, sure I could assume that he has no problems walking and is just riding it because he's fat. And if I see a thin person riding one, sure I could assume that he has no problems walking and is just lazy. But then, if fat people aren't supposed to ride them and thin people aren't supposed to ride them, then who the hell is supposed to be using those things?

Statistically speaking, would you say that the number of people using those handicap scooters/motorized carts is proportionate to the portion of the population who needs those things for valid medical reasons? Besides, some of these people may actually have medically valid reasons to ride them, but cause and effect need to be taken into account here if you catch my drift.

Beats the hell out of me. What I can say is that I've never seen more than two or three of those things at a given store anyway. So if we look at peak business when there might be a few hundred people in the store, only like 1% of the shoppers are gonna be riding around in them. I have no idea whether or not that's in line with the number of people who have a valid medical reason to use them, but in any case it's still a small number of people. It's not like those things are all over the place.

Anyway, I don't care about cause and effect. Maybe someone's disability led them to being fat, or maybe someone's fatness led them to being disabled. Either way, those carts are there for disabled people so I have no problem with disabled people using them.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

@GazaAli said:

@MrGeezer said:

Beats the hell out of me. What I can say is that I've never seen more than two or three of those things at a given store anyway. So if we look at peak business when there might be a few hundred people in the store, only like 1% of the shoppers are gonna be riding around in them. I have no idea whether or not that's in line with the number of people who have a valid medical reason to use them, but in any case it's still a small number of people. It's not like those things are all over the place.

Anyway, I don't care about cause and effect. Maybe someone's disability led them to being fat, or maybe someone's fatness led them to being disabled. Either way, those carts are there for disabled people so I have no problem with disabled people using them.

I don't know about you, but I could go for days and weeks without seeing anyone using such a motorized cart/scooter and when I do see one he's almost never fat let alone obese. His disability is always apparent, affording to speculations or conjectures.