Why is there so much satanic symbolism in the entertainment industry?!

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by -RocBoys9489- (6191 posts) -
#2 Posted by Blue-Sky (10315 posts) -

:roll:

lmao. I hate to break it to you buddy, but satan isn't real.

#3 Posted by Bucked20 (6951 posts) -
Cause you know who runs the world
#4 Posted by Chicken453 (2038 posts) -
Cause you know who runs the world Bucked20
Girls?
#5 Posted by MonsieurX (29177 posts) -
35 mins video? yawn
#6 Posted by tenaka2 (17013 posts) -

Blue-Sky

#7 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

#8 Posted by Blue-Sky (10315 posts) -

35 mins video? yawnMonsieurX

It's another typical conspiracy video, heavily edited to the tune of gloomy music. Taking everything out of context and extrapolating it to one overall theme with no evidence to support it .

I don't understand how people continue to fall for such obvious tricks.

#9 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

I didn't know there was. I'm not even aware of this stuff, it doesn't even cross my mind.

#10 Posted by -RocBoys9489- (6191 posts) -

Blue-Sky
I don't think he's real, but I've noticed this crap time and time again in music videos where artists cover their right eye and/or hold their hand in a "6" shape over their left eye. And so many artists saying how they "sell their soul to the devil"...Seems more than a coincidence to me but to each his own
#11 Posted by CreasianDevaili (3991 posts) -
[QUOTE="-RocBoys9489-"]

Seriously, I just watched this and I don't get it, wtf are these people trying to accomplish?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idAz7mFKPrc

It gets people's attention, and thus, publicity. It also has no substantial consenquences.
#12 Posted by imaps3fanboy (11172 posts) -
listen to some black metal then
#13 Posted by nalhutta94 (1813 posts) -

This video is quoting Yoda? Seems legit!

#14 Posted by -RocBoys9489- (6191 posts) -
#15 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29065 posts) -

listen to some black metal thenimaps3fanboy

Or like half of death metal. :P

#16 Posted by shadowkiller11 (7953 posts) -
Anything can be associated to anything if you try.
#17 Posted by Blue-Sky (10315 posts) -
#18 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3760 posts) -

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]35 mins video? yawnBlue-Sky

It's another typical conspiracy video, heavily edited to the tune of gloomy music. Taking everything out of context and extrapolating it to one overall theme with no evidence to support it .

I don't understand how people continue to fall for such obvious tricks.

Essentially this
#19 Posted by -RocBoys9489- (6191 posts) -
#20 Posted by PetJel (3722 posts) -

'The devil' is ancient symbolism for a lot of bad things in general, like alcohol abuse, drug abuse. I watched part of the documentary just now, and all those fragments they pasted together all use the term ' the devil' in a different context but the documentary makers just take it all literally. I lol' d and then closed the tab, what a waste of time. I can' t believe 450k people watched that sh*t.

#21 Posted by PetJel (3722 posts) -
No offense btw :P
#22 Posted by Blue-Sky (10315 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

[QUOTE="-RocBoys9489-"]

I.e. Melyssa Ford (yummy lol) had to sign her name in blood in a contract w/ the devil?! ?????

-RocBoys9489-

Yep she literary did that. Wasn't making a well know metaphor at all.

That's a metaphor?! Can't say I've ever heard it lol :P

Deal with the devil is well known cultural motif.

The entire mythology surrounding the devil was constructed christian cultural art and folklore. You see a lot of devil symbolism because the devil IS symbolic. It represents the most basic of conflicts: Good vs Evil. You're basically accusing the entertainment industry of using the most basic of artistic symbolism.

#23 Posted by -RocBoys9489- (6191 posts) -

[QUOTE="-RocBoys9489-"][QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

Yep she literary did that. Wasn't making a well know metaphor at all.

Blue-Sky

That's a metaphor?! Can't say I've ever heard it lol :P

The entire mythology surrounding the devil was constructed christian cultural art and folklore. You see a lot of devil symbolism because the devil IS symbolic. It represents the most basic of conflicts: Good vs Evil.

So music artists are saying that they sell their souls to the devil to illustrate that they've become bad people for fame and glory?! i.e. Katy Perry, Kanye West, Bob Dylan, Eminem all say it here lol

#24 Posted by MrPraline (21284 posts) -
#25 Posted by D3nnyCrane (11986 posts) -
Say what you like about the Devil - at least he rocks. "Mummy, that man has blood gushing from his nos- SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO HIM PLAY'
#26 Posted by MrPraline (21284 posts) -
[QUOTE="D3nnyCrane"]Say what you like about the Devil - at least he rocks. "Mummy, that man has blood gushing from his nos- SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO HIM PLAY'

LOL
#27 Posted by MrPraline (21284 posts) -
D3nny I was listening to Rant in E Minor again the other day; the rant on Waco Texas is pure gold (called Waco on the tracklist).
#28 Posted by D3nnyCrane (11986 posts) -
D3nny I was listening to Rant in E Minor again the other day; the rant on Waco Texas is pure gold (called Waco on the tracklist).MrPraline
The last thing I listened to of his was during the elections, and I felt compelled to play the track where he describes the Republican Lemon Party, with Newt Gingrich pissing on George Bush in a bathtub.
#29 Posted by MrPraline (21284 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrPraline"]D3nny I was listening to Rant in E Minor again the other day; the rant on Waco Texas is pure gold (called Waco on the tracklist).D3nnyCrane
The last thing I listened to of his was during the elections, and I felt compelled to play the track where he describes the Republican Lemon Party, with Newt Gingrich pissing on George Bush in a bathtub.

Hah. He would've been great during this election. "I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. 'I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs.' 'I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking.' 'Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!' - Bill Hicks
#30 Posted by junglist101 (5457 posts) -

Who cares?

#31 Posted by FrostyPhantasm (8521 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

[QUOTE="-RocBoys9489-"] That's a metaphor?! Can't say I've ever heard it lol :P-RocBoys9489-

The entire mythology surrounding the devil was constructed christian cultural art and folklore. You see a lot of devil symbolism because the devil IS symbolic. It represents the most basic of conflicts: Good vs Evil.

So music artists are saying that they sell their souls to the devil to illustrate that they've become bad people for fame and glory?! i.e. Katy Perry, Kanye West, Bob Dylan, Eminem all say it here lol

Are you serious? Hell and Satan are one of the most widely used metaphors EVER bar none. How often do you hear someone shout "Go to Hell!", it's more symbolic than literal. Conversely you could scour pop-culture for a couple hours and make a video about how many Jesus and holy figures there are in pop-culture. Signing a deal with the devil is saying you sold your self out, your morals, or your physical being for something that may or may not have been worth it but was a bit shady or one sided.

Dance With The Devil

The Devil Went Down To Georgia

Highway To Hell

Friend Of The Devil

Deals With The Devil In Popular Culture.

#32 Posted by -RocBoys9489- (6191 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrPraline"]I'm just an idiotic, ironic, symbolic, Illuminati product That's gonna be killed if I talk about it (shhh) also da fuq is going on in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjvXmpOTtdQ

Could Nelly Furtado have been anymore blatent forming a triangle in her hands over the left eye :P I just don't get some of this crap
#33 Posted by harashawn (27599 posts) -

That image of "Satan" shown in that video is actually a pagan god; the Eye of Providence (Eye in a pyramid) represents God, not the devil. The pentagram was originally a greek symbol, but is also used by Christians to represent the five senses (It actually has nothing to do with the devil). The circle made from one's fingers around an eye apparently represents the illuminati, which is a fictional organization from the novel "Illuminatus!" The number 666 represents the Emperor Nero. "selling one's soul" or "making a deal with the devil" simply means going against one's own moral code to attain fortune.

#34 Posted by MrPraline (21284 posts) -

That image of "Satan" shown in that video is actually a pagan god; the Eye of Providence (Eye in a pyramid) represents God, not the devil. The pentagram was originally a greek symbol, but is also used by Christians to represent the five senses (It actually has nothing to do with the devil). The circle made from one's fingers around an eye apparently represents the illuminati, which is a fictional organization from the novel "Illuminatus!" The number 666 represents the Emperor Nero. "selling one's soul" or "making a deal with the devil" simply means going against one's own moral code to attain fortune.

harashawn
Small correction: the organisation Shea and Wilson used in Illuminatus was based on the Bavarian Illuminati, founded by Adam Weishaupt in 1776.
#35 Posted by -RocBoys9489- (6191 posts) -
[QUOTE="harashawn"]

MrPraline
Small correction: the organisation Shea and Wilson used in Illuminatus was based on the Bavarian Illuminati, founded by Adam Weishaupt in 1776.

As far as I know, Bavarian Illuminati is much different than the present Illuminati/has no affiliation. I believe in secret societies, but think that Illuminati is way too general and its not one group, its many. JFK warned us of secret societies and power through wealth.
#36 Posted by Treflis (11418 posts) -
So we can drive the religious people off the walls, obviously.
#37 Posted by MrPraline (21284 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="harashawn"]

-RocBoys9489-

As far as I know, Bavarian Illuminati is much different than the present Illuminati/has no affiliation. I believe in secret societies, but think that Illuminati is way too general and its not one group, its many. JFK warned us of secret societies and power through wealth.

Yeah agreed, as I said in another thread (can't remember the name), today Illuminati is mostly used as a sort of umbrella term for "the elite" and "men behind the curtain", so to speak. I don't think the 1700s Illuminati is still alive.
#38 Posted by -RocBoys9489- (6191 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="-RocBoys9489-"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] Small correction: the organisation Shea and Wilson used in Illuminatus was based on the Bavarian Illuminati, founded by Adam Weishaupt in 1776.

Yeah agreed, as I said in another thread (can't remember the name), today Illuminati is mostly used as a sort of umbrella term for "the elite" and "men behind the curtain", so to speak. I don't think the 1700s Illuminati is still alive.

Pretty sure they're all dead, and think they were behind the french,spanish, and american revolutions, they were bad asses!
#39 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

to provide shock value when it's obvious.

some of the things you showed are not obvious though. so maybe just reading into things.

#40 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1774 posts) -
Loko at your source, is it credible? No.
#41 Posted by Big_Pecks (5230 posts) -

4Kids is the devil.

#42 Posted by KiIIyou (27135 posts) -
Aint enough to fill up a large lady sized pocket.
#43 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13593 posts) -

This type of stuff is hilarious to me.

#44 Posted by KiIIyou (27135 posts) -

GummiRaccoon
Let's see you laffin.
#45 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13593 posts) -

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

KiIIyou

Let's see you laffin.

wat

#46 Posted by KiIIyou (27135 posts) -

[QUOTE="KiIIyou"][QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

GummiRaccoon

Let's see you laffin.

wat

I waana see more that just words when someones laughing.. :3 I think that's what hilarious means anyhow ;p
#47 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13593 posts) -

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="KiIIyou"]Let's see you laffin.KiIIyou

wat

I waana see more that just words when someones laughing.. :3 I think that's what hilarious means anyhow ;p

no

#48 Posted by KiIIyou (27135 posts) -

wat

GummiRaccoon

no

I'll just go look in the mirror then. ;p
#49 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13593 posts) -

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="KiIIyou"]I waana see more that just words when someones laughing.. :3 I think that's what hilarious means anyhow ;pKiIIyou

no

I demand proof that you are actually sticking out your tongue and winking.

#50 Posted by KiIIyou (27135 posts) -

no

GummiRaccoon

I demand proof that you are actually sticking out your tongue and winking.

That's my real face. ;D see