Why is pornography looked down upon?

  • 81 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by GeekInkINC (195 posts) -

All it [pornography ]is is humans interacting in activities that lead to reproduction... nothing wrong with that. How come YouTube doesn't allow it? Pisses me off.

Same with prostitution. If someone wants to "sell" their body, shouldn't they be allowed to without repercussion? Pisses me off.

Same with girls getting with many men and being looked down upon. Sex is enjoyable for everyone at all times most times, why can't everyone enjoy it without guilt? Pisses me off.

Don't these things piss you off too? Gosh.

#2 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2604 posts) -

Women in porn are treated despicably. If I could, I'd take the entire industry down.

#3 Posted by ferrari2001 (16969 posts) -

The fact that those things piss you off is probably indicative of a problem. I'd have yourself looked at.

#4 Edited by Open-Casket (72 posts) -

Making a move on your buddies sister, and getting a black eye from your bud pisses me off... that or only buying a six pack of beer, but drinking it too quickly.

#5 Posted by drekula2 (1945 posts) -

Pornography as a concept is not inherently good or bad. It's we as a society that shape what it becomes.

I don't think anyone is angry at the porn stars themsleves but rather the standards we put on them and what we ask them to portray.

#6 Posted by konvikt_17 (22248 posts) -

i was unaware 2 females could interact in activities that lead to reproduction

#7 Posted by gamerguru100 (10647 posts) -

Religion and feminism

#9 Posted by dirtymangle (34 posts) -

it is? lol

#10 Edited by KHAndAnime (13875 posts) -

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

Women in porn are treated despicably. If I could, I'd take the entire industry down.

Sasha Grey is treated despicably? Last time I checked, nobody held a gun to anyone's head to make a porno (unless it was a rapexplotation video).

#11 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14433 posts) -

lmao.

#12 Edited by Black_Alpha_G (91 posts) -

I like porn. ):

#13 Posted by Chatch09 (365 posts) -

Its because humans think they have the right to tell other humans how to live their lives, THAT is what pisses me off.

#14 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

Hentai is better.

#15 Posted by indzman (18106 posts) -

Most of the girls who do porn do it own freewill for money, not like somebody forces them to at gunpoint. If there was no porn , most guys would go rape or whore crazy. Porn or prostitution is neccessary to keep sex starved guys cool.

#16 Edited by VaguelyTagged (10181 posts) -

am i the only one who believes it's men who are treated like objects in porn? the whole porn industry is about women. you could rarely even see the performing man's face during a porn scene. the only things that matter about men in porn are how big their penises are and how fast and hard they are able to fuck. men are basically nothing more that vibrating dildos.that said, i still really like porn for what it created back in the 70s-80s. to me porn died in early 90s.

#17 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9827 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet said:

Hentai is better.

#18 Edited by MrGeezer (56527 posts) -

@geekinkinc said:

All it [pornography ]is is humans interacting in activities that lead to reproduction... nothing wrong with that. How come YouTube doesn't allow it? Pisses me off.

Same with prostitution. If someone wants to "sell" their body, shouldn't they be allowed to without repercussion? Pisses me off.

Same with girls getting with many men and being looked down upon. Sex is enjoyable for everyone at all times most times, why can't everyone enjoy it without guilt? Pisses me off.

Don't these things piss you off too? Gosh.

Pornography is looked down upon largely because it involves doing gross stuff. I'm not saying that sex is inherently gross, but it's kind of gross if you've gotta bang someone you think is gross or have to do particular sex acts that you dislike. Porn is "it's my job to bang that person." Now go out in public, find someone nasty, and imagine that it's your job to bang them or let them do gross stuff to you. Now see why it's looked down upon?

It's the same reason why janitors and morticians are looked down upon. Poop and corpses are kind of gross. And valuable service or not, we just kind of look at the guy who decides to do gross stuff and say, "man, he could have done anything. For him to choose to do that nasty stuff, there must be something wrong with him."

#19 Posted by Korvus (3897 posts) -

People worry WAY too much about what others do...let people do whatever they want to do as long as they're not involving anyone who is not willing to be part of it. Pointing fingers doesn't make your life suck any less, so give it a rest.

#20 Edited by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

Because it's immoral and dehumanizing. Pornography portrays a "false intimacy" between partners.

#21 Edited by always_explicit (2932 posts) -

@MrGeezer said:

@geekinkinc said:

All it [pornography ]is is humans interacting in activities that lead to reproduction... nothing wrong with that. How come YouTube doesn't allow it? Pisses me off.

Same with prostitution. If someone wants to "sell" their body, shouldn't they be allowed to without repercussion? Pisses me off.

Same with girls getting with many men and being looked down upon. Sex is enjoyable for everyone at all times most times, why can't everyone enjoy it without guilt? Pisses me off.

Don't these things piss you off too? Gosh.

Pornography is looked down upon largely because it involves doing gross stuff. I'm not saying that sex is inherently gross, but it's kind of gross if you've gotta bang someone you think is gross or have to do particular sex acts that you dislike. Porn is "it's my job to bang that person." Now go out in public, find someone nasty, and imagine that it's your job to bang them or let them do gross stuff to you. Now see why it's looked down upon?

It's the same reason why janitors and morticians are looked down upon. Poop and corpses are kind of gross. And valuable service or not, we just kind of look at the guy who decides to do gross stuff and say, "man, he could have done anything. For him to choose to do that nasty stuff, there must be something wrong with him."

Seriously....people do not look down on porn because it is gross. I dont think I have even heard that given as a reason before. Are you even serious???

Obviously there is niche pornography which people might find gross or offensive but providing its takes place between consulting adults then I dont think there is anything wrong with it. Dont like it dont watch it.

People dont become janitors because they "want to do gross stuff" its often born out of necessity. People dont become pornstars through necessity. Most of them do it because they love having sex, they look amazing and can get paid for doing both.

It sounds to me like you find sex a "gross thing" and thats your problem, not pornography.

#22 Posted by alim298 (1469 posts) -

@geekinkinc said:

All it [pornography ]is is humans interacting in activities that lead to reproduction... nothing wrong with that. How come YouTube doesn't allow it? Pisses me off.

Same with prostitution. If someone wants to "sell" their body, shouldn't they be allowed to without repercussion? Pisses me off.

Same with girls getting with many men and being looked down upon. Sex is enjoyable for everyone at all times most times, why can't everyone enjoy it without guilt? Pisses me off.

Don't these things piss you off too? Gosh.

Because immoderate people piss me off.

On topic I think every job in which you earn easy money should be looked down upon. They earn money by having sex? I wish I could earn money by eating food.

Besides that there's the fact that it's immoral. Sex is a sacred thing and people who do porn are depriving themselves of its true qualities. But you could say that's none of my business.

#23 Posted by playmynutz (6059 posts) -

I can't watch porn because I feel like someone is recording me jerking off darn you NSA I'm sure they have a nice catelog of porn for sale to any wealthy buyer

#24 Posted by Korvus (3897 posts) -

@alim298: I'm choosing to read your post as sarcasm; hope you don't mind.

#25 Posted by deeliman (2443 posts) -

There are 2 kinds of men; those who watch porn, and filthy liars

#26 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16333 posts) -

Hmmm. I don't recall looking down on porn.

#27 Posted by Jag85 (4593 posts) -

Sex is good, but sexually-transmitted infections are bad. That's a big reason why society often tends to look down on sexually promiscuous behaviour.

#28 Edited by one_plum (6358 posts) -

If pornography is immoral, should capitalism be also condemned for motivating those people to do nasty things?

#29 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2604 posts) -

@KHAndAnime: I'm done being anti-porn crusader on a gaming forum, but if you're ever interested, look into how sick and dark the porn industry is. It's pretty fucking gross. The so-called A-listers get it a little better, but everyone else..... Let's just say there's certain things you can't unread.

#30 Posted by toast_burner (21751 posts) -

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@KHAndAnime: I'm done being anti-porn crusader on a gaming forum, but if you're ever interested, look into how sick and dark the porn industry is. It's pretty fucking gross. The so-called A-listers get it a little better, but everyone else..... Let's just say there's certain things you can't unread.

Then don't watch porn made by dodgy studios. Every industry has a lot of problems. Many clothing companies use sweat shops, does that mean you should stop wearing clothes?

#31 Posted by Storm_Marine (11127 posts) -

@MrGeezer said:

@geekinkinc said:

All it [pornography ]is is humans interacting in activities that lead to reproduction... nothing wrong with that. How come YouTube doesn't allow it? Pisses me off.

Same with prostitution. If someone wants to "sell" their body, shouldn't they be allowed to without repercussion? Pisses me off.

Same with girls getting with many men and being looked down upon. Sex is enjoyable for everyone at all times most times, why can't everyone enjoy it without guilt? Pisses me off.

Don't these things piss you off too? Gosh.

Pornography is looked down upon largely because it involves doing gross stuff. I'm not saying that sex is inherently gross, but it's kind of gross if you've gotta bang someone you think is gross or have to do particular sex acts that you dislike. Porn is "it's my job to bang that person." Now go out in public, find someone nasty, and imagine that it's your job to bang them or let them do gross stuff to you. Now see why it's looked down upon?

It's the same reason why janitors and morticians are looked down upon. Poop and corpses are kind of gross. And valuable service or not, we just kind of look at the guy who decides to do gross stuff and say, "man, he could have done anything. For him to choose to do that nasty stuff, there must be something wrong with him."

Janitors are looked down upon because of their low socioeconomic status. Doctors and Surgeons can have absurdly gross jobs and they're not looked down upon.

#32 Edited by alim298 (1469 posts) -

@korvus: It's your choice. It's a matter of perspective. To me work, sex, law and a bunch of other things are sacred. That has everything to do with the culture I was raised in. I'm not saying you should kill those who make porn all I'm saying is that I would lose respect for someone if I find out he/she is a prostitute or porn actor/actress. I would try to avoid that person that's all.

#33 Posted by Korvus (3897 posts) -

@alim298: Isn't it part of your culture to respect other people? This should be even easier when said people are not doing anything against you.

Also, you say "On topic I think every job in which you earn easy money should be looked down upon." Last month I made a website in 4 hours and made 800€; later that week a did a photo shoot for a friend and didn't charge her because it only took 30 mins and she's a friend. She decided to pay me 400€. To me this is the definition of easy money. Do you look down upon me now? Just because people earn money will less effort than it takes you to earn yours, it doesn't automatically gives you a legit reason to look down upon them.

#34 Posted by alim298 (1469 posts) -

@korvus said:

@alim298: Isn't it part of your culture to respect other people? This should be even easier when said people are not doing anything against you.

Also, you say "On topic I think every job in which you earn easy money should be looked down upon." Last month I made a website in 4 hours and made 800€; later that week a did a photo shoot for a friend and didn't charge her because it only took 30 mins and she's a friend. She decided to pay me 400€. To me this is the definition of easy money. Do you look down upon me now? Just because people earn money will less effort than it takes you to earn yours, it doesn't automatically gives you a legit reason to look down upon them.

They are not doing anything against me but they in my opinion are doing a lot against themselves. To avoid them and to be cold with them is to inform them of the wrong they're doing. If they have the freedom to do porn then I have the freedom to choose my friends and companions. If I hate them and avoid them I'm not doing them wrong because it's my "right" to befriend people who I find interesting. But in time they will understand that the real reason I'm not paying attention to them is not because I'm not interested in them but is because of what they do. It's like sulking. As I said it has everything to do with my culture. I don't really do it on purpose but the ultimate outcome is what I just described.

I don't think you earning 800€ for website is easy money. Some electrical engineer once told me that he was paid around 1000€ for a day work just to setup a crane. And it's obvious that a bunch of other engineers were payed too that day. Same goes with being an artist. But what the hell do prostitutes do? As I said it's like being payed for eating food. In any case I'm not really happy with my statement on easy money. It may seem fixed now but it really isn't and I know it.

#35 Edited by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

@alim298 said:

@korvus said:

@alim298: Isn't it part of your culture to respect other people? This should be even easier when said people are not doing anything against you.

Also, you say "On topic I think every job in which you earn easy money should be looked down upon." Last month I made a website in 4 hours and made 800€; later that week a did a photo shoot for a friend and didn't charge her because it only took 30 mins and she's a friend. She decided to pay me 400€. To me this is the definition of easy money. Do you look down upon me now? Just because people earn money will less effort than it takes you to earn yours, it doesn't automatically gives you a legit reason to look down upon them.

They are not doing anything against me but they in my opinion are doing a lot against themselves. To avoid them and to be cold with them is to inform them of the wrong they're doing. If they have the freedom to do porn then I have the freedom to choose my friends and companions. If I hate them and avoid them I'm not doing them wrong because it's my "right" to befriend people who I find interesting. But in time they will understand that the real reason I'm not paying attention to them is not because I'm not interested in them but is because of what they do. It's like sulking. As I said it has everything to do with my culture. I don't really do it on purpose but the ultimate outcome is what I just described.

I don't think you earning 800€ for website is easy money. Some electrical engineer once told me that he was paid around 1000€ for a day work just to setup a crane. And it's obvious that a bunch of other engineers were payed too that day. Same goes with being an artist. But what the hell do prostitutes do? As I said it's like being payed for eating food. In any case I'm not really happy with my statement on easy money. It may seem fixed now but it really isn't and I know it.

If I may intervene for just a moment...I think you both have valid points.

@korvus: The mentality that "they're doing nothing that concerns me, so I shouldn't worry about it" isn't always the right course of action. People with addictions to alcohol and drugs only endanger themselves, but that doesn't mean others shouldn't be concerned for their well-being. While porn isn't detrimental to one's physical health per se, it certainly does have an impact on their mental being. It's a dirty business and like drugs and alcohol, corrupts the minds of those that become addicted to watching it, to the point where certain acts don't phase them anymore, leading to more potent "drugs" (or sexual acts) to get their "fix".

@alim298: To your point, I understand your stance, but avoiding them and "hating" them isn't the right approach either. Sure, you can detest and dislike what they do in their professional lives, but that doesn't make them bad people. Most people that get into this business don't exactly come from a loving, normal upbringing. I may not agree with their lifestyle, but I don't hate them because it doesn't mesh with my cultural background. I just think that's a bit harsh.

#36 Posted by themajormayor (25847 posts) -

Gross little annoying children and feminazis.

#37 Posted by themajormayor (25847 posts) -

@VaguelyTagged said:

am i the only one who believes it's men who are treated like objects in porn? the whole porn industry is about women. you could rarely even see the performing man's face during a porn scene. the only things that matter about men in porn are how big their penises are and how fast and hard they are able to fuck. men are basically nothing more that vibrating dildos.that said, i still really like porn for what it created back in the 70s-80s. to me porn died in early 90s.

Too bad they didn't shave in those times. That's the reason I don't watch much of it.

#38 Edited by MrGeezer (56527 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

Seriously....people do not look down on porn because it is gross. I dont think I have even heard that given as a reason before. Are you even serious???

Obviously there is niche pornography which people might find gross or offensive but providing its takes place between consulting adults then I dont think there is anything wrong with it. Dont like it dont watch it.

People dont become janitors because they "want to do gross stuff" its often born out of necessity. People dont become pornstars through necessity. Most of them do it because they love having sex, they look amazing and can get paid for doing both.

It sounds to me like you find sex a "gross thing" and thats your problem, not pornography.

Really? Go ask a random dude if he would suck a dick for $5000, and the first thing he'll say is "no way dude, that's freaking gross." Ask a random woman how much money she'd need to get paid in order to let two strangers nail her at the same time, and she'll say "eww, gross." Just like plumbers and garbage men, people look at porn workers as "I'm glad someone's doing it, but I'd never do it myself because that's fucking disgusting." People like to watch, but they think the ones who do it are disgusting.

And you have a warped view of janitors and pornographers. Sure, most janitors would ideally like to do something else, but it's not like that's literally the only thing they could get. They could be fry cooks or Wal-Mart greeters if they wanted to. Go actually talk to some janitors and a common thing you'll hear is that while the job kind of sucks, there are definitely fulfilling things about it.

And as far as porn stars go, are you freaking kidding me? Whether they like sex or not, it's still a freaking job and jobs require doing stuff you don't want to do. Just because they like sex doesn't mean they like getting three loads blown on their faces at the same time. Just because they like sex doesn't mean they want to have sex with everyone. The job still requires having sex with people they don't want to have sex with, it requires doing things they don't want to do. Look at the sheer number of porn stars who started out aspiring to be serious actors, and then settled on porn either because the pay was better and/or because they don't really have the talent to make it as actors. You ever notice how many porn stars are actually immigrants, often from poor eastern European countries? You ever notice how rampant drug addiction is within the porn industry? I'm not saying that all pornographers are miserable, but those are signs that you're looking at a field of work in which there's a fair amount of unhappiness going on. Do you know who else has sex for money? Hookers. Straight up prostitutes. And while I'm sure there are prostitutes who enjoy their jobs on some level, are you honestly telling me with a straight face that most of them were like, "I want to be a hooker when I grow up"?

#39 Posted by always_explicit (2932 posts) -

@MrGeezer said:

@always_explicit said:

Seriously....people do not look down on porn because it is gross. I dont think I have even heard that given as a reason before. Are you even serious???

Obviously there is niche pornography which people might find gross or offensive but providing its takes place between consulting adults then I dont think there is anything wrong with it. Dont like it dont watch it.

People dont become janitors because they "want to do gross stuff" its often born out of necessity. People dont become pornstars through necessity. Most of them do it because they love having sex, they look amazing and can get paid for doing both.

It sounds to me like you find sex a "gross thing" and thats your problem, not pornography.

Really? Go ask a random dude if he would suck a dick for $5000, and the first thing he'll say is "no way dude, that's freaking gross." Ask a random woman how much money she'd need to get paid in order to let two strangers nail her at the same time, and she'll say "eww, gross." Just like plumbers and garbage men, people look at porn workers as "I'm glad someone's doing it, but I'd never do it myself because that's fucking disgusting." People like to watch, but they think the ones who do it are disgusting.

And you have a warped view of janitors and pornographers. Sure, most janitors would ideally like to do something else, but it's not like that's literally the only thing they could get. They could be fry cooks or Wal-Mart greeters if they wanted to. Go actually talk to some janitors and a common thing you'll hear is that while the job kind of sucks, there are definitely fulfilling things about it.

And as far as porn stars go, are you freaking kidding me? Whether they like sex or not, it's still a freaking job and jobs require doing stuff you don't want to do. Just because they like sex doesn't mean they like getting three loads blown on their faces at the same time. Just because they like sex doesn't mean they want to have sex with everyone. The job still requires having sex with people they don't want to have sex with, it requires doing things they don't want to do. Look at the sheer number of porn stars who started out aspiring to be serious actors, and then settled on porn either because the pay was better and/or because they don't really have the talent to make it as actors. You ever notice how many porn stars are actually immigrants, often from poor eastern European countries? You ever notice how rampant drug addiction is within the porn industry? I'm not saying that all pornographers are miserable, but those are signs that you're looking at a field of work in which there's a fair amount of unhappiness going on. Do you know who else has sex for money? Hookers. Straight up prostitutes. And while I'm sure there are prostitutes who enjoy their jobs on some level, are you honestly telling me with a straight face that most of them were like, "I want to be a hooker when I grow up"?

Well regarding your first point, pornstars dont suck or fuck anything they dont want to suck or fuck...its not forced manual labor here. Its two consenting adults partaking in sexual acts that are agreed upon before they take place....not a case of offering random people on the street money to do things as you suggest. You also seem so convinced that people look at pornstars and judge them negatively... I know lots of guys who wouldnt want to take a pornstar home to meet their mothers, but I do not know many guys who would describe them as disgusting.

I dont have a warped view of anyone. I said most janitors take jobs like that through neccessity rather than desire, most pornstars do porn because they enjoy the act of sex and they enjoy the money. I am sure there are plenty of janitors who love and hate their jobs but that was not my point. My point was trying to make YOU aware that the comparison YOU made was stupid.

he job doesnt require having sex with people they dont want to. Any reputable pornographic production is very clear about what takes place with whom, the participants are checked for STI's and are under absoutely no obligation to have sex with somebody if they do not desire due to a little thing called "the law". Whether these women getting fucked on camera for a living wanted to be movie stars and settled into porn is neither here nor there. Its their choice, their free will and certainly not a reason to look down upon them.

The topic was regarding why pornstars are looked down upon and so far the only argument you have provided is "because its disgusting". They clearly have other options as you admit yourself, they clearly are not being forced into it. You take issue with it because you find it disgusting, which is absolutely fine, Its your opinion and your entitled to it but these blanket statements and comparisons to prostitutes and janitors dont make sense to me. They are people doing what they want to do, being watched by millions of men and women who want to watch them do it.

I probably wouldnt marry a woman who spent 20 years in the porn industry either, but that's no reason to look down on the industry or those who work in it as disgusting people doing disgusting things through a lack of options as you suggest. That just shows plain ignorance. I have no doubt poor girls from far flung countries see porn as a way to escape, but its their brain, their bodies and a shared responsibility to make sure they are not abused. Its also an entirely separate topic of conversation.

#40 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2604 posts) -
@toast_burner said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@KHAndAnime: I'm done being anti-porn crusader on a gaming forum, but if you're ever interested, look into how sick and dark the porn industry is. It's pretty fucking gross. The so-called A-listers get it a little better, but everyone else..... Let's just say there's certain things you can't unread.

Then don't watch porn made by dodgy studios. Every industry has a lot of problems. Many clothing companies use sweat shops, does that mean you should stop wearing clothes?

Pretty much what I've found is even the more prominent studios do some pretty horrific stuff. What it boils down to is I have a permanent girlfriend and don't have any need for a visual aid, and after reading some of these horror stories, it kind of ruined the whole experience.

#41 Posted by toast_burner (21751 posts) -

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@toast_burner said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@KHAndAnime: I'm done being anti-porn crusader on a gaming forum, but if you're ever interested, look into how sick and dark the porn industry is. It's pretty fucking gross. The so-called A-listers get it a little better, but everyone else..... Let's just say there's certain things you can't unread.

Then don't watch porn made by dodgy studios. Every industry has a lot of problems. Many clothing companies use sweat shops, does that mean you should stop wearing clothes?

Pretty much what I've found is even the more prominent studios do some pretty horrific stuff. What it boils down to is I have a permanent girlfriend and don't have any need for a visual aid, and after reading some of these horror stories, it kind of ruined the whole experience.

So you've changed your stance to wanting to take down the industry, to simply not enjoying it?

#42 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2604 posts) -
@toast_burner said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@toast_burner said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@KHAndAnime: I'm done being anti-porn crusader on a gaming forum, but if you're ever interested, look into how sick and dark the porn industry is. It's pretty fucking gross. The so-called A-listers get it a little better, but everyone else..... Let's just say there's certain things you can't unread.

Then don't watch porn made by dodgy studios. Every industry has a lot of problems. Many clothing companies use sweat shops, does that mean you should stop wearing clothes?

Pretty much what I've found is even the more prominent studios do some pretty horrific stuff. What it boils down to is I have a permanent girlfriend and don't have any need for a visual aid, and after reading some of these horror stories, it kind of ruined the whole experience.

So you've changed your stance to wanting to take down the industry, to simply not enjoying it?

If I actually had the power to eliminate that industry, I would. My stance doesn't change. Really the only thing I can do is choose not to participate.

#43 Edited by Korvus (3897 posts) -

@jasean79: Alcohol and drugs addicts affect a whole lot of people other than themselves so I would never compare that to a job, even if it's not a job I would ever want to have. Everybody makes money the way they see fit, and if they're not hurting others I don't think more or less of them regardless what their job is. I agree that you should try to help people with problems, even if they're only hurting themselves; I just don't see being a porn actor as a problem.

@alim298: I think hating someone and shunning them away only teaches them that you're a hateful person. If someone ignores me I don't start thinking what I'm doing wrong in my life, I think "what an asshole...probably not worth my time" and I move on. By hating on people you're being detrimental to yourself and your own well being.

#44 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10181 posts) -

@themajormayor said:

@VaguelyTagged said:

am i the only one who believes it's men who are treated like objects in porn? the whole porn industry is about women. you could rarely even see the performing man's face during a porn scene. the only things that matter about men in porn are how big their penises are and how fast and hard they are able to fuck. men are basically nothing more that vibrating dildos.that said, i still really like porn for what it created back in the 70s-80s. to me porn died in early 90s.

Too bad they didn't shave in those times. That's the reason I don't watch much of it.

yeah! that's about the only substantial flaw classical pron has. but i somehow managed to get over it and enjoy the rest.

#45 Posted by MrGeezer (56527 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

Well regarding your first point, pornstars dont suck or fuck anything they dont want to suck or fuck...its not forced manual labor here. Its two consenting adults partaking in sexual acts that are agreed upon before they take place....not a case of offering random people on the street money to do things as you suggest. You also seem so convinced that people look at pornstars and judge them negatively... I know lots of guys who wouldnt want to take a pornstar home to meet their mothers, but I do not know many guys who would describe them as disgusting.

I dont have a warped view of anyone. I said most janitors take jobs like that through neccessity rather than desire, most pornstars do porn because they enjoy the act of sex and they enjoy the money. I am sure there are plenty of janitors who love and hate their jobs but that was not my point. My point was trying to make YOU aware that the comparison YOU made was stupid.

he job doesnt require having sex with people they dont want to. Any reputable pornographic production is very clear about what takes place with whom, the participants are checked for STI's and are under absoutely no obligation to have sex with somebody if they do not desire due to a little thing called "the law". Whether these women getting fucked on camera for a living wanted to be movie stars and settled into porn is neither here nor there. Its their choice, their free will and certainly not a reason to look down upon them.

The topic was regarding why pornstars are looked down upon and so far the only argument you have provided is "because its disgusting". They clearly have other options as you admit yourself, they clearly are not being forced into it. You take issue with it because you find it disgusting, which is absolutely fine, Its your opinion and your entitled to it but these blanket statements and comparisons to prostitutes and janitors dont make sense to me. They are people doing what they want to do, being watched by millions of men and women who want to watch them do it.

I probably wouldnt marry a woman who spent 20 years in the porn industry either, but that's no reason to look down on the industry or those who work in it as disgusting people doing disgusting things through a lack of options as you suggest. That just shows plain ignorance. I have no doubt poor girls from far flung countries see porn as a way to escape, but its their brain, their bodies and a shared responsibility to make sure they are not abused. Its also an entirely separate topic of conversation.

In many many cases, it is a case of "do what we tell you to do or else you don't get money." Sure they're not forced, but janitors also aren't forced to clean up feces and vomit. They're entirely free to not do it, and then not get paid. If a pornstar refuses to do hardcore pornography, you're not obligated to create softcore jobs for her. You're a hardcore pornographer, that's what you do, and you're not obligated to keep someone on the payroll if they're not doing the required job. And dude, EVERYONE has other options. Janitors and garbage men have the option of working the cash register at McDonalds, pornographers have the option of working at a call center. Hookers have the option of doing something legal. The fact that there are things that you'd rather not do doesn't mean that you like your current job.

And you sure are hypocritical. You are so certain that all porn stars just love their jobs so much, yet refuse to believe that maybe janitors actually get some satisfaction out of cleaning. But that's neither here nor there, because regardless of whether or not they like it, people still view it as a gross freaking job. Does the fact that it's their choice, their free will, somehow make people think that the work is any less gross?

#46 Posted by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

@korvus: I meant it more from a consumer's point of view than a pornstar's.

#47 Edited by foxhound_fox (88691 posts) -

Sex is taboo in North America.

#48 Edited by helwa1988 (2103 posts) -

I look at the porn industry the same way I look at fast food industry. Porn cheapens sex like fast food cheapens food.

#49 Posted by alim298 (1469 posts) -

@korvus: Let me ask you a question. Imagine you have a kid. Imagine that you are not satisfied with his life style. He is 20+ and does not have a job and does not attend college. You as his father have told him countless time that he needs to find a job of his own or get a useful degree but it seems that obligating him through words has no effect whatsoever. What are your options here? I say there are three options. You can kick him out of your house which is not the right thing to do because he then may turn into a life of addiction and other horrible things. You can smile at his face everyday and treat him gently which will only make him think that life is going to stay this way forever and everything is optimum. Or you can frown at him everyday and be angry with him and constantly inform him of his wrong doings.

You say that "If someone ignores me I don't start thinking what I'm doing wrong in my life, I think "what an asshole...probably not worth my time" and I move on." Well if someone can't see that the reason I'm hating on him/her is not him/her look and personality since I do befriend people with a similar personality but not that specific guy/girl or that I was friends with him/her prior to finding out that he/she is a prostitute/porn actor then I feel sorrier for him/her.

The source of our disagreement is that you think someone who does porn does not hurt him/herself and it is totally subjective what you think. I believe someone who does porn is degrading him/herself and that's subjective too.

#50 Posted by xdude85 (4428 posts) -

I watch porn for the acting and plots, so it's very vital to my life.