Why is Hell a bad place?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts

I dont quite understand how the hell concept works. If Satan wants you to commit evil, and you obey him, then get sent to his domain, why would he torture you? Why would Satan punish you for obeying his commands.

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
I would presume Satan would have no qualms about being unfair...
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Why don't you go there and find out for yourself? Suicide does the trick, apparently.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
In the Christian understand Satan is also being punished. Satan wants others to share his misery. It is modern pop culture that has developed the idea that Satan is some big bag punisher.
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#5 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Cuz I read it in a book I was told to read.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

Because God said so!

Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ugalde-
In the Christian understand Satan is also being punished. Satan wants others to share his misery. It is modern pop culture that has developed the idea that Satan is some big bag punisher.ferrari2001
Gotcha. Is it also true he wants to build a army to storm heaven? Im just asking these weird questions because me and some guys from work were talking about it.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]In the Christian understand Satan is also being punished. Satan wants others to share his misery. It is modern pop culture that has developed the idea that Satan is some big bag punisher.Ugalde-
Gotcha. Is it also true he wants to build a army to storm heaven? Im just asking these weird questions because me and some guys from work were talking about it.

umm. how would Satan storm heaven in the first place? If the two worlds are separate as the Christian Bible says, a giant chasm between them, no army would be able to get into heaven. Plus spiritual beings would not be able to be killed so it would seem dumb to even try, especially considering an all powerful being could simply wish you out of heaven even if you somehow did get there. There is certainly no theological reason to assume Satan is building an army to attack heaven. The only thing we have is that Satan and some followers were thrown out of heaven because they denied God.
Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ugalde-
[QUOTE="Ugalde-"][QUOTE="ferrari2001"]In the Christian understand Satan is also being punished. Satan wants others to share his misery. It is modern pop culture that has developed the idea that Satan is some big bag punisher.ferrari2001

umm. how would Satan storm heaven in the first place? If the two worlds are separate as the Christian Bible says, a giant chasm between them, no army would be able to get into heaven. Plus spiritual beings would not be able to be killed so it would seem dumb to even try, especially considering an all powerful being could simply wish you out of heaven even if you somehow did get there. There is certainly no theological reason to assume Satan is building an army to attack heaven. The only thing we have is that Satan and some followers were thrown out of heaven because they denied God.

Thanks. Yeah I had no idea, I just thought I heard that before.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
Imagine everything good in this world. Now take that away. And add lots and lots of fire. And too, Hell is where Satan is punished, not in rule. Earth is where Satan reigns, not Hell.
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

Same reason a psychopath serial killer tortures his victims, either to satisfy some insane lust for control and dominance or sick entertainment.

Just my thoughts, though.

capitalism25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#12 capitalism25
Member since 2009 • 304 Posts

Because you will fall into an endless pit while burning, while maggots eternally feast on you, and while forever grinding your teeth. Also, Satan can't do anything to you because he's sharing the same fate. Christians say that devils are poking at you too but I think thats a load of BS because hell was made for punishment....everyone is in pain just like you.

Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ugalde-
[QUOTE="mindstorm"]Imagine everything good in this world. Now take that away. And add lots and lots of fire. And too, Hell is where Satan is punished, not in rule. Earth is where Satan reigns, not Hell.

What do you mean by he reigns earth?
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Honestly, Heaven really doesn't sound very fun either ...
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#15 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Satan isn't a god o the underworld. If you go to hell, you're being punish with satan, not by him

According to Christianity, at least.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
An Actual physical Hell is a Protestant fabrication conjured to scare people into attending church and putting more money in the collection plate. Hell is nothing more than remoteness from God in the next life according to the Bible
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#17 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
it's supposed to be the absence of god that is the seller, but that didn't work as well as the threat of physical torture.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mindstorm

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]Imagine everything good in this world. Now take that away. And add lots and lots of fire. And too, Hell is where Satan is punished, not in rule. Earth is where Satan reigns, not Hell.Ugalde-

I do not usually link other sources when answering questions here but I liked the way it was explained elsewhere.  This page says what is in the spoiler.

[spoiler]

The phrase god of this world (or god of this age) indicates that Satan is the major influence on the ideals, opinions, goals, hopes and views of the majority of people. His influence also encompasses the worlds philosophies, education, and commerce. The thoughts, ideas, speculations and false religions of the world are under his control and have sprung from his lies and deceptions.

Satan is also called the "prince of the power of the air" in Ephesians 2:2. He is the "ruler of this world" in John 12:31. These titles and many more signify Satans capabilities. To say, for example, that Satan is the "prince of the power of the air" is to signify that in some way he rules over the world and the people in it.

This is not to say that he rules the world completely; God is still sovereign. But it does mean that God, in His infinite wisdom, has allowed Satan to operate in this world within the boundaries God has set for him. When the Bible says Satan has power over the world, we must remember that God has given him domain over unbelievers only. Believers are no longer under the rule of Satan (Colossians 1:13). Unbelievers, on the other hand, are caught "in the snare of the devil" (2 Timothy 2:26), lie in the "power of the evil one" (1 John 5:19), and are in bondage to Satan (Ephesians 2:2).

So, when the Bible says that Satan is the "god of this world," it is not saying that he has ultimate authority. It is conveying the idea that Satan rules over the unbelieving world in a specific way. In 2 Corinthians 4:4, the unbeliever follows Satan's agenda: "The god of this world has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ." Satan's scheme includes promoting false philosophies in the worldphilosophies that blind the unbeliever to the truth of the Gospel. Satans philosophies are the fortresses in which people are imprisoned, and they must be set free by Christ.

An example of one such false philosophy is the belief that man can earn God's favor by a certain act or acts. In almost every false religion, meriting Gods favor or earning eternal life is a predominate theme. Earning salvation by works, however, is contrary to biblical revelation. Man cannot work to earn God's favor; eternal life is a free gift (see Ephesians 2:8-9). And that free gift is available through Jesus Christ and Him alone (John 3:16; 14:6). You may ask why mankind does not simply receive the free gift of salvation (John 1:12). The answer is that Satanthe god of this worldhas tempted mankind to follow his pride instead. Satan sets the agenda, the unbelieving world follows, and mankind continues to be deceived. It is no wonder that Scripture calls Satan a liar (John 8:44). [/spoiler]

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5e9044657a310

[QUOTE="Ugalde-"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]Imagine everything good in this world. Now take that away. And add lots and lots of fire. And too, Hell is where Satan is punished, not in rule. Earth is where Satan reigns, not Hell.mindstorm

I do not usually link other sources when answering questions here but I liked the way it was explained elsewhere.  This page says what is in the spoiler.

[spoiler]

The phrase god of this world (or god of this age) indicates that Satan is the major influence on the ideals, opinions, goals, hopes and views of the majority of people. His influence also encompasses the worlds philosophies, education, and commerce. The thoughts, ideas, speculations and false religions of the world are under his control and have sprung from his lies and deceptions.

Satan is also called the "prince of the power of the air" in Ephesians 2:2. He is the "ruler of this world" in John 12:31. These titles and many more signify Satans capabilities. To say, for example, that Satan is the "prince of the power of the air" is to signify that in some way he rules over the world and the people in it.

This is not to say that he rules the world completely; God is still sovereign. But it does mean that God, in His infinite wisdom, has allowed Satan to operate in this world within the boundaries God has set for him. When the Bible says Satan has power over the world, we must remember that God has given him domain over unbelievers only. Believers are no longer under the rule of Satan (Colossians 1:13). Unbelievers, on the other hand, are caught "in the snare of the devil" (2 Timothy 2:26), lie in the "power of the evil one" (1 John 5:19), and are in bondage to Satan (Ephesians 2:2).

So, when the Bible says that Satan is the "god of this world," it is not saying that he has ultimate authority. It is conveying the idea that Satan rules over the unbelieving world in a specific way. In 2 Corinthians 4:4, the unbeliever follows Satan's agenda: "The god of this world has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ." Satan's scheme includes promoting false philosophies in the worldphilosophies that blind the unbeliever to the truth of the Gospel. Satans philosophies are the fortresses in which people are imprisoned, and they must be set free by Christ.

An example of one such false philosophy is the belief that man can earn God's favor by a certain act or acts. In almost every false religion, meriting Gods favor or earning eternal life is a predominate theme. Earning salvation by works, however, is contrary to biblical revelation. Man cannot work to earn God's favor; eternal life is a free gift (see Ephesians 2:8-9). And that free gift is available through Jesus Christ and Him alone (John 3:16; 14:6). You may ask why mankind does not simply receive the free gift of salvation (John 1:12). The answer is that Satanthe god of this worldhas tempted mankind to follow his pride instead. Satan sets the agenda, the unbelieving world follows, and mankind continues to be deceived. It is no wonder that Scripture calls Satan a liar (John 8:44). [/spoiler]

LOL That's one of the most asinine things I've ever read. Can I make up stories by cherry picking random passages of the Bible with no regard to the context around them and you believe them too?
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mindstorm
[QUOTE="mindstorm"]

[QUOTE="Ugalde-"] What do you mean by he reigns earth?Nuck81

[spoiler]

LOL That's one of the most asinine things I've ever read. Can I make up stories by cherry picking random passages of the Bible with no regard to the context around them and you believe them too?

As far as I can tell from knowing the surrounding context of most of those passages, I do not know what of this would be incorrect interpretations. I am very much well aware of the necessity of keeping ideas within their context.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5e9044657a310
[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]

[spoiler]

mindstorm

As far as I can tell from knowing the surrounding context of most of those passages, I do not know what of this would be incorrect interpretations. I am very much well aware of the necessity of keeping ideas within their context.

Pro tip. Satan is not a physical being
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mindstorm
[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="Nuck81"] LOL That's one of the most asinine things I've ever read. Can I make up stories by cherry picking random passages of the Bible with no regard to the context around them and you believe them too?

Indeed, but he is a spiritual being that very much does exist. He's not simply an ideology or a personified temptation but is a being that literally exists within orthodox Christianity.
jngbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jngbb
Member since 2004 • 1593 Posts
The only bad thing I've heard about hell is that there's pineapple in the salsa.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5e9044657a310
[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="mindstorm"] As far as I can tell from knowing the surrounding context of most of those passages, I do not know what of this would be incorrect interpretations. I am very much well aware of the necessity of keeping ideas within their context.

Indeed, but he is a spiritual being that very much does exist. He's not simply an ideology or a personified temptation but is a being that literally exists within orthodox Christianity.

Incorrect. Satan is a symbolic representation of Sin. Not an actual entity of any kind. All Abrahamic Religions treat it this way, including many sects of Christianity, with the exception of the ones that put fear mongering to the front of their ministry.
Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Malebolgia told me if i lead hell's army against heaven that i could return to earth

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mindstorm
[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="Nuck81"]Pro tip. Satan is not a physical beingNuck81

Incorrect. Satan is a symbolic representation of Sin. Not an actual entity of any kind. All Abrahamic Religions treat it this way, including many sects of Christianity, with the exception of the ones that put fear mongering to the front of their ministry.

That's a new one to me. I'm not denying that there may be some who believe this, I'm just saying that you are exaggerating how many people think this. I, for one, do not know a single professing Christian who would agree that Satan is merely a symbol.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
The myth assumes Satan to be under the control of God. If Satan represents denial of and rebellion from God, then it might be safe to assume that Hell might not be such a bad place. But considering the Hell myth within Christianity is already extremely vague and under-explained, it's hard to come to any real conclusion about it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5e9044657a310

[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="mindstorm"] Indeed, but he is a spiritual being that very much does exist. He's not simply an ideology or a personified temptation but is a being that literally exists within orthodox Christianity.mindstorm

That's a new one to me. I'm not denying that there may be some who believe this, I'm just saying that you are exaggerating how many people think this. I, for one, do not know a single professing Christian who would agree that Satan is merely a symbol.

Not according to this Study by the Barna Research group.

Most American Christians Do Not Believe that Satan or the Holy Spirit Exist

Edit:More Figures From Barna Studies

Satan

Six out of ten American adults (59%) believe that "Satan is not a living being but is a symbol of evil" (1999). Among Catholics, the number who embrace view rises to 70%. Among Protestant mainline church attenders, the figure is 62%; among non-mainline Protestant church attenders, it is 49%. Even among those classified as "born-again" Christians, almost half -- a good 45% -- regard Satan as a "symbol of evil" rather than a living entity.

Nor can we infer from such figures that Americans are unaware of what the Bible says about Satan and evil. Seven out of ten adults (69% in a 1994 survey) know that the Bible describes Satan, or the devil, as a rebellious angel who formerly served God in Heaven. Moreover, most Americans affirm the truth of this and other doctrines which the Bible "unmistakably affirms" -- a fact clear from Barna's other surveys concerning public confidence in the Bible. The point is that such readers uphold and defend this Bible teaching by interpreting it figuratively.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mindstorm
[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="Nuck81"]Incorrect. Satan is a symbolic representation of Sin. Not an actual entity of any kind. All Abrahamic Religions treat it this way, including many sects of Christianity, with the exception of the ones that put fear mongering to the front of their ministry.

Not according to this Study by the Barna Research group. Most American Christians Do Not Believe that Satan or the Holy Spirit Exist

As a general rule, any occasion I see a statistic that says "Most American Christians ..." I assume that it is not true of traditional Christianity. This is in part because most "American Christians" cannot even tell you whether Romans is the New Testament or the Old Testament.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5e9044657a310
[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="mindstorm"] That's a new one to me. I'm not denying that there may be some who believe this, I'm just saying that you are exaggerating how many people think this. I, for one, do not know a single professing Christian who would agree that Satan is merely a symbol.

Not according to this Study by the Barna Research group. Most American Christians Do Not Believe that Satan or the Holy Spirit Exist

As a general rule, any occasion I see a statistic that says "Most American Christians ..." I assume that it is not true of traditional Christianity. This is in part because most "American Christians" cannot even tell you whether Romans is the New Testament or the Old Testament.

Ahh a simple disregard of the stats. Good choice of rebuttal.
capitalism25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#31 capitalism25
Member since 2009 • 304 Posts
As a general rule, any occasion I see a statistic that says "Most American Christians ..." I assume that it is not true of traditional Christianity. This is in part because most "American Christians" cannot even tell you whether Romans is the New Testament or the Old Testament.mindstorm
Your general rule is that American Christians are not true Christians? What are true christians anyway? And finding the different books in the Bible isn't hard...I remember a silly song in kinder to memorize the order
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#32 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

I dont quite understand how the hell concept works. If Satan wants you to commit evil, and you obey him, then get sent to his domain, why would he torture you? Why would Satan punish you for obeying his commands.

Ugalde-
Because hell isnt supposed to be his domain, it's supposed to be his prison as well.
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

its nothing but pain and suffering in hell. demons are constantly fighting wars and harming each other,(kinda like here on earth, middle east) you will experience great pain there, more painful then any physical pain here on earth. sayng that only dark souls go to hell, all light spirits go to heaven. when you die no matter what you do in this life you go back to the realm from which you came.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mindstorm
[QUOTE="mindstorm"]As a general rule, any occasion I see a statistic that says "Most American Christians ..." I assume that it is not true of traditional Christianity. This is in part because most "American Christians" cannot even tell you whether Romans is the New Testament or the Old Testament.capitalism25
Your general rule is that American Christians are not true Christians? What are true christians anyway? And finding the different books in the Bible isn't hard...I remember a silly song in kinder to memorize the order

My point was that most people who live in America who claim to be Christians have do not read their Bibles, have no basic understanding of Christian theology, and care more about fulling the American Dream than seeking to glorify God and love their neighbor. Keep in mind that it is my ambition in life to tell the American church to repent of their hypocrisy.
Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ugalde-

[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="Nuck81"]Incorrect. Satan is a symbolic representation of Sin. Not an actual entity of any kind. All Abrahamic Religions treat it this way, including many sects of Christianity, with the exception of the ones that put fear mongering to the front of their ministry. Nuck81

Satan

Six out of ten American adults (59%) believe that "Satan is not a living being but is a symbol of evil" (1999). Among Catholics, the number who embrace view rises to 70%. Among Protestant mainline church attenders, the figure is 62%; among non-mainline Protestant church attenders, it is 49%. Even among those classified as "born-again" Christians, almost half -- a good 45% -- regard Satan as a "symbol of evil" rather than a living entity.

Nor can we infer from such figures that Americans are unaware of what the Bible says about Satan and evil. Seven out of ten adults (69% in a 1994 survey) know that the Bible describes Satan, or the devil, as a rebellious angel who formerly served God in Heaven. Moreover, most Americans affirm the truth of this and other doctrines which the Bible "unmistakably affirms" -- a fact clear from Barna's other surveys concerning public confidence in the Bible. The point is that such readers uphold and defend this Bible teaching by interpreting it figuratively.

To be fair, I think that study could be easily swayed.I am an American adult and I dont believe in any religon. I dont believe Satan or the Holy Spirit exist but I believe Satan is a symbol of evil. Do you see what Im trying to get at or should I attempt a better explanation lol.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mindstorm
[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="Nuck81"]Not according to this Study by the Barna Research group. Most American Christians Do Not Believe that Satan or the Holy Spirit Exist

I do have reasons for it. I simply do not hold the standard of what it means to be a faithful Christian as low as most Americans. We are called to give all of ourselves for the sake of one another and the Gospel. If we call ourselves Christians then we ought to behave like Christ.
Truf89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 Truf89
Member since 2006 • 4680 Posts
All people have different views of Hell, based on religion and culture. No one knows where they go after death, but it's also a reason why people try to do good in their lives. Without morality the world would be a very very very different place.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5e9044657a310
[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="mindstorm"] As a general rule, any occasion I see a statistic that says "Most American Christians ..." I assume that it is not true of traditional Christianity. This is in part because most "American Christians" cannot even tell you whether Romans is the New Testament or the Old Testament.

I do have reasons for it. I simply do not hold the standard of what it means to be a faithful Christian as low as most Americans. We are called to give all of ourselves for the sake of one another and the Gospel. If we call ourselves Christians then we ought to behave like Christ.

Good for you, but that has little to do with Satan being a symbolic interpretation of Sin.
tdavis20050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tdavis20050
Member since 2005 • 354 Posts

[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="Nuck81"]Incorrect. Satan is a symbolic representation of Sin. Not an actual entity of any kind. All Abrahamic Religions treat it this way, including many sects of Christianity, with the exception of the ones that put fear mongering to the front of their ministry. Nuck81

Satan

I believe your calculations are incorrect, the article states that of all surveyed, 26% strongly disagreed, then it is mentioned that the born-again group was twice as likely to strongly disagree, which would be 52%. And does not include those that somewhat disagree. Obviously I can't see the results of the polls without paying Barna for them, but I would bet that the figure of born-agains who disagree with the statement that Satan is just a figure is closer to 70%. And the born-again description is what is inferred when someone says a "true Christian."
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

any deity who would wish eternal tourture for finite crimes, especially thought-crime, is not a god to be worshipped

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

In the Christian understand Satan is also being punished. Satan wants others to share his misery. It is modern pop culture that has developed the idea that Satan is some big bag punisher.ferrari2001

haha I know what you meant though

WinsteadVolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WinsteadVolve
Member since 2011 • 366 Posts

Here's a question for you: If satan condems all bad people to hell, does that not make him good? Pixies, fairies and unicorns are more logical than hell.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 wis3boi

Here's a question for you: If satan condems all bad people to hell, does that not make him good? Pixies, fairies and unicorns are more logical than hell.

WinsteadVolve

Here's another one:

People pray fr others to turn to jesus and do good...why do no christians pray for satan, the biggest sinner in need of help?

Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ugalde-

WinsteadVolve
Satan doesnt condem them god does.
WinsteadVolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 WinsteadVolve
[QUOTE="WinsteadVolve"]

Ugalde-

Well doesn't God love everyone? And if he does that, impending eternal hellfire on souls he "loves", does that not make him bad?
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 wis3boi

[QUOTE="Ugalde-"][QUOTE="WinsteadVolve"]

WinsteadVolve

Well doesn't God love everyone? And if he does that, impending eternal hellfire on souls he "loves", does that not make him bad?

If he made everything, then he made hell, and he also makes the rules.  And since he wouldnt be a god without being all knowing and all powerful, this presents a major flaw in his character

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
well why don't you ask someone who has been there? Oh. Wait.
WinsteadVolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 WinsteadVolve

[QUOTE="WinsteadVolve"][QUOTE="Ugalde-"] Satan doesnt condem them god does.wis3boi

If he made everything, then he made hell, and he also makes the rules.  And since he wouldnt be a god without being all knowing and all powerful, this presents a major flaw in his character

Christianity is a flaw itself.
Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
Because hell is where the soul and spirit gets destroyed. Its not a place of eternal suffering as some seem to think.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

[QUOTE="WinsteadVolve"][QUOTE="Ugalde-"] Satan doesnt condem them god does.wis3boi

and he also made the flaws and flawed people which banish them to hell, so he himself condemned them by his own power! Seems like an odd thing for a supreme being and loving god to do!