Why is GameSpot's logo on drugs?

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

You know, the rainbow theme? What's that about and do you like it? I think I'd have preferred an all blue and black logo. But I guess they really couldn't decide what color to pick for a new logo.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

What? What do rainbows have to do with gay marriage? I always thought they were a symbol of Marijuana. That would be interesting though...

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@xuiryus said:

It's to celebrate that gay marriage is now legal in America.

Not yet in Mississippi I think :P

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

It's an endorsement of buggery.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

@alim298 said:

What? What do rainbows have to do with gay marriage? I always thought they were a symbol of Marijuana. That would be interesting though...

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 horgen  Moderator

@xuiryus said:
@horgen said:
@xuiryus said:

Now I'm from Scotland so I'm probably quite ignorant of some-things American, but I was under the impression it had been legalized at a federal level which makes it law for every state?

I don't know the details. Though you can read up some of it here.

It will take some days at least. :P

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#12 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Looks done in the style of a 1980's console.

teethofthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 teethofthesea
Member since 2009 • 126 Posts

Gamespot thinks its google now. Gonna change the logo for every event soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#14 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Great, now people who are against gay marriage can convince themselves that GS is honoring the Spectrum and leave the rest of us alone =P

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts
@horgen said:
@xuiryus said:

Someone should tell that moron attorney general that this was not sent back to lower courts for a review. A lower court still not having decided on a case involving gay marriage is now completely moot. If they rule against it is immediately null and void because that ruling is now unconstitutional. The effective date for marriage equality was immediately upon the ruling.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

This is literally Gayspot now :D

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

You see more widespread celebration over gay marriage becoming legalized than a black man becoming president.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60a3d1c2911
deactivated-5c60a3d1c2911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#19 deactivated-5c60a3d1c2911
Member since 2008 • 493 Posts

This is ridiculous. The opinions of five people cannot change reality. Marriage is still between a man and a woman only. The only thing that happened yesterday is that we saw our Supreme Court sanction deception.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I've always found it kind of lame how the rainbow has become a universal symbol for gayness.

I wonder who started it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@EliOli said:

This is ridiculous. The opinions of five people cannot change reality. Marriage is still between a man and a woman only. The only thing that happened yesterday is that we saw our Supreme Court sanction deception.

U mad? Those tears are delicious.

Marriage is defined in the United States by the state, not by a religious text. If you feel that marriage should be between a man and a woman, that's great, other people having marriages between the same or different sexes shouldn't affect you in the slightest, since your beliefs are your own and the First Amendment to the Constitution doesn't only defend your beliefs, but the beliefs of every other of the 320+ million people in the US. Many of whom, gay, straight, queer, bi, or asexual actually support people's right to marry others out of love, not because some Sky Daddy from 2000 years ago told them to.

Oh yeah, and if you support "Biblical Marriage" and think gays are icky because Leviticus, then you should support these other kinds of marriage as well:

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 fishpockets
Member since 2014 • 361 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I've always found it kind of lame how the rainbow has become a universal symbol for gayness.

I wonder who started it.

It's been like that since the 70s.

You can read about it here.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@EliOli said:

Says who?

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Buckhannah

@foxhound_fox said:

U mad? Those tears are delicious.

Marriage is defined in the United States by the state, not by a religious text. If you feel that marriage should be between a man and a woman, that's great, other people having marriages between the same or different sexes shouldn't affect you in the slightest, since your beliefs are your own and the First Amendment to the Constitution doesn't only defend your beliefs, but the beliefs of every other of the 320+ million people in the US. Many of whom, gay, straight, queer, bi, or asexual actually support people's right to marry others out of love, not because some Sky Daddy from 2000 years ago told them to.

Oh yeah, and if you support "Biblical Marriage" and think gays are icky because Leviticus, then you should support these other kinds of marriage as well:

You should know by now that Christians almost never read their bibles.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 foxhound_fox
@Buckhannah said:

You should know by now that Christians almost never read their bibles.

Oh I know. It's just fun calling out the massive hypocrisy. Especially when they are so worked up over shit like this happening. It makes the tears even more delicious.

For @EliOli:

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By fishpockets

I cannot understand the logic of individuals who oppose gay marriage. Why does what two individuals are doing in their own lives bother you so much when it has absolutely no impact whatsoever on your own?

What gives you or anyone else the right to limit someone else's rights to marry whomever they choose?

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Looks done in the style of a 1980's console.

That's not a console, it's a computer, you homophobe :P

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Buckhannah

@fishpockets said:

I cannot understand the logic of individuals who oppose gay marriage. Why does what two individuals are doing in their own lives bother you so much when it has absolutely no impact whatsoever on your own?

What gives you or anyone else the right to limit someone else's rights to marry whomever they choose?

Because their sky daddy said so. In the exact same book he said not to eat shellfish or wear mixed fiber clothing. Of course they ignore those last two, because those are nice things not easy to give up. But hating people for being different? Thats easy, so they can keep doing that.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Seems Korvus is highly sedated from drugs for his new logo =P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@EliOli said:

You can marry anyone you want, just choose a woman and if she says yes congratulations, you can now go to your church of choice and get married. Nothing changed for you so go and enjoy life the same way you did before. No gay people will be married in your precious church so fear not!

What did change is that American gay people can now do the same thing you've always been able to do, which is to get married to the one they love.

The only ridiculous thing here is you thinking you should have more right to a union of love than them.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#31 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Gamespot admins smoked some shit and are stoned now.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

Funny thing is Gamespot's logo was the reason I eventually found out about the Supreme Court ruling. I got eye surgery early yesterday morning so it wasn't like I was planning to watch TV or the news all day.

IGN is doing it too on their Facebook page and Facebook has given users the option to modify their profile picture so it will be a rainbow theme. Now that I think about it, if the PS1 was just coming out I would wonder what people would say about their logo.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

I think it's a cross promotion with macintosh

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fishpockets
@Buckhannah said:
@fishpockets said:

Because their sky daddy said so. In the exact same book he said not to eat shellfish or wear mixed fiber clothing. Of course they ignore those last two, because those are nice things not easy to give up. But hating people for being different? Thats easy, so they can keep doing that.

It's fine to be religious, but people who follow religion literally are doing it wrong. It's not literal.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 horgen  Moderator

@Buckhannah said:
@horgen said:
@xuiryus said:

Someone should tell that moron attorney general that this was not sent back to lower courts for a review. A lower court still not having decided on a case involving gay marriage is now completely moot. If they rule against it is immediately null and void because that ruling is now unconstitutional. The effective date for marriage equality was immediately upon the ruling.

You want to burst the bubble they live in? :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5c60a3d1c2911

@korvus: Actually no. Marriage is still between a man and a woman only. Calling a homosexual relationship marriage does not make it so. The supreme court is not authorized to change the definition of marriage. No one is obligated to deny truth just because others have done so my friend.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5c60a3d1c2911

@foxhound_fox: Just sharing the truth my friend. No one is obligated to follow along with deception just because it happens to be popular now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@EliOli: By all means keep your definition of marriage; just like it's not my right to force you to change your definition of marriage neither is it yours to force anyone else to change theirs =) All that matters is that you don't do anything to prevent people who love each other from being married in the eyes of the law...whether or not they are married in the eyes of your religion is as irrelevant to them as it is to me. You don't have to like it, you just have to accept that it doesn't affect you in any way =)

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#39 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

@Epak_ said:

Change the website title!

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Buckhannah

@EliOli said:

@korvus: Actually no. Marriage is still between a man and a woman only. Calling a homosexual relationship marriage does not make it so. The supreme court is not authorized to change the definition of marriage. No one is obligated to deny truth just because others have done so my friend.

Ah yes, biblical marriage. Very clear and concise.

One man and one woman….

Oh, and also one man and his wife, and her slaves. One man and his captured sex slaves from a war. One man and his not engaged to be married rape victim. (though he does have to pay a small fine to her father for damaging his property) One man, his wife, and his many, many, many concubines.

Your silly religious ceremonies are not marriage, they are not relevant to this discussion at all.

AndroD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AndroD
Member since 2015 • 10 Posts

Pretty pathetic GAYspot had to take a political stance many people don't agree with. I come here to look at games which take me away from reality, not to be reminded of it.

I've held off on doing it in the past, but have enabled adblock on Gayspot, and suggest anyone else who is offended do the same.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5c60a3d1c2911

@Buckhannah: Actually you are just showing that you do not understand scripture.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-5c60a3d1c2911

@korvus: Actually there is no your definition of marriage or my definition of marriage. There is simply the truth. Marriage is between a man and a woman only. And abandoning truth affects us all. Those that have taken a stand for truth have been sued, fined, blacklisted, labeled as bigots, haters etc...

The constitution gives me the right to own a gun. I am not fond of guns however, so I choose not to own one. I do not exercise my right to own a gun.

Let's say I am envious of those that do own guns though. I decide that my right to own a gun is being violated. I like pocket knives, so I decide to call my pocket knife a gun. I push for the government to redefine the word gun to included pocket knives. I succeed in convincing the liberal minded that my rights are being violated because my knife is not recognized as being a gun. I now have a huge amount of people using their political power pushing the government to redefine the word gun to included pocket knives.

We succeed in this push. I can now call my knife a gun legally. Anyone that does not agree that my knife is now a gun, is a bigot a hater and is seeking to take away my constitutional right to own a gun.

Truth is truth my friend.

SaintsRowLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By SaintsRowLA
Member since 2013 • 331 Posts

@Epak_ said:

Good post. That's exactly what I was thinking. The Rainbow G stands for Gay or GaySpot.

Note: I'm not for or against GameSpot's stance; or for or against gay marriage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@EliOli: So how exactly does the fact that 2 men or 2 women you've never met can now marry (whether you recognise it as a marriage or not) affect your life? I can also put my foot down and say I don't recognise religious marriage as marriage...now what? What's that worth? Absolutely nothing. Nobody cares what my definition of marriage is...why should you be different? How does 2 men signing a piece of paper affect the sanctity of YOUR marriage? Are you less married now because gays are married too? Acceptance, my friend, I'm sure your holy book preaches it...gay people couldn't care less who you marry and which religion you get married in, and they'll accept you're married even if they don't share your religion...why can't you extend the same courtesy?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#47 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@korvus said:

@uninspiredcup: Great, now people who are against gay marriage can convince themselves that GS is honoring the Spectrum and leave the rest of us alone =P

GS is located in SF, which is the most flamboyant city in US. I don't know how i feel about it. I don't care if people that are gay want to marry. They can be as miserable as the rest of us now. I just don't know if it is the right thing to do when it comes to a site that's suppose to be objective

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 foxhound_fox

@EliOli: Truth? What truth? It surely isn't objective or scientific truth.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@magicalclick: "We'll have a gaaaaaay oool' tiiime!" XD

@The_Last_Ride: Perhaps...I just borrowed their logo because I liked it, it's not meant as a sign of endorsement to GS's choice =)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5c60a3d1c2911

@korvus: Homosexual marriage does not affect me at all because it does not exist. Our country abandoning truth does affect us all however. I've already mentioned some ways in which we are seeing it already. The Bible does not teach us to abandon truth. It actually teaches us to speak the truth. According to scripture those that practice the sin of homosexuality will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. Neither will those that approve of those that do.

I understand your intentions are good in supporting so called "SSM". Please understand mine as well. Knowing what I know, it would not be love on my part to support, accept, condone, whatever words you might want to use, this wholesale abandonment of truth, because the consequences are dire for those that follow this deceptive ideology. I do not hate anyone. I do not think that I am better than anyone. I am not seeking to deprive anyone of any rights. I am merely going to speak the truth because eternity is at stake here. It would be hate on my part to withhold the truth from those that need to hear it.