Why in the world don't they sell Gaming Cabinets?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MDK12345 (551 posts) -

See this site? http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2006/12/11/The_best_gaming_cabinet_ever/1

I NEED something like that!!!! A vertical gaming cabinet! Why in the world has it never been invented in gaming? Yes, Atlantic Co sells some stuff, but that only fits like 3 vertical systems! Can someone please help me? How do retro gamers ever put together something in their bedroom if these cabinets are not available? People look at that cabinet like it's a fantasy but the truth is that cabinets like that one should be available!!!! Someone please help!!! I'm a dedicated gamer and want to store all my systems!!!!

#2 Posted by KiIIyou (27139 posts) -

I dunno, looks pretty messy ;p

Does look like it'd beeeasy to make though

#3 Edited by MDK12345 (551 posts) -

Kill YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KILL YOU is it u????

#4 Posted by Master_Live (14182 posts) -

You should right this wrong.

#5 Posted by MDK12345 (551 posts) -

I need help!!!!

#6 Edited by thegerg (14858 posts) -

If you want it so bad just make it or buy one. It looks like shit though.

#7 Edited by lamprey263 (23169 posts) -

looks more like a modified bookshelf, probably with the thin particleboard backing taken out of it, and parallel vertical length segments to prop the console onto for both presentation and probably for better airflow

older media cabinets were made for old TVs to fit into and allowed for generous size TVs 4:3 ratio TVs, but with today's widescreen standards those same cabinets aren't really fit for larger screen sizes, and they'd be too bulky and unnecessary, instead opting for multiple shelving and TV stands is probably a more efficient use of space

anyhow, I got a rather minimalist style bookshelf from a friend that wasn't tall, but it was wide and had lots of space on it, could easily stick about 4 different consoles on it with varying charging accessories and still had room to store controllers and whatnot

anyhow, with an expendable income and the ability to buy whatever games on a whim, the problem for me has less to do with how to manage systems around the TV and more to do with where the hell to store all my games

#8 Posted by MDK12345 (551 posts) -

looks more like a modified bookshelf, probably with the thin particleboard backing taken out of it, and parallel vertical length segments to prop the console onto for both presentation and probably for better airflow

older media cabinets were made for old TVs to fit into and allowed for generous size TVs 4:3 ratio TVs, but with today's widescreen standards those same cabinets aren't really fit for larger screen sizes, and they'd be too bulky and unnecessary, instead opting for multiple shelving and TV stands is probably a more efficient use of space

anyhow, I got a rather minimalist style bookshelf from a friend that wasn't tall, but it was wide and had lots of space on it, could easily stick about 4 different consoles on it with varying charging accessories and still had room to store controllers and whatnot

anyhow, with an expendable income and the ability to buy whatever games on a whim, the problem for me has less to do with how to manage systems around the TV and more to do with where the hell to store all my games

But I already have a tv stand. While it fits 3 or 4 sytems, understand I'm going to be buying even more systems, including next gen. I want to have everything out. The picture you see allows that to be possible. Most traditional stands won't allow maximum amount of systems. I don't think the cabinet is too bulky and unnecessary. It's better than leaving all my systems on the floor.