Why I don't believe in cops

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by RushKing (1699 posts) -

You can't expect somone in power to be acountible becuase power desecrates empathy and compassion. We don't need cops for protection, we need protection from cops. Cops are not protecting us from brutes, cops are the brutes. Only we can protect ourselves from brutes who wish to rise to power. Convince me to change my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTk_uQwDFBU

I am not in favor of premuture revolution either. If too many people still believe in states when the next one occurs, we may have to deal with another Lenin or Napolean. If that happens I will flee the country. I don't understand how anyone can have hope in a government and economic system rotten to the core.

#2 Posted by airshocker (27267 posts) -

Your tears are delicious.

#3 Posted by deeliman (1854 posts) -

I don't believe in idiots.

#4 Posted by Ugalde- (3644 posts) -

How come people don't put up videos every time a cop does his job correctly?

#5 Edited by ad1x2 (5233 posts) -

I've noticed that the vast majority of people who say they hate the police have never been a victim of a crime but instead were the ones who were caught committing crimes themselves. Either that or a buddy or close family member was arrested for something they swear up and down was unjust.

Obviously there are corrupt officers out there. But to dismiss all of them as corrupt over a few morons is like dismissing all teachers as child molesters over the minority who slept with their students.

As for the video you linked, it seems like the guy is almost trying to convince people to start another Revolutionary War. In other words, his issues seem to go far beyond simple hatred of law enforcement.

#6 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3566 posts) -
#7 Edited by k2theswiss (16213 posts) -

there are legit cops out there.

Sadly you just hear more about the bad ones

#8 Posted by Storm_Marine (10643 posts) -

@RushKing said:

You can't expect somone in power to be acountible becuase power desecrates empathy and compassion. We don't need cops for protection, we need protection from cops. Cops are not protecting us from brutes, cops are the brutes. Only we can protect ourselves from brutes who wish to rise to power. Convince me to change my mind.

I am not in favor of premuture revolution either. If too many people still believe in states when the next one occurs, we may have to deal with another Lenin or Napolean. If that happens I will flee the country. I don't understand how anyone can have hope in a government and economic system rotten to the core.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7RUeMCZL3Q

#9 Edited by RushKing (1699 posts) -

@ad1x2 said:

I've noticed that the vast majority of people who say they hate the police have never been a victim of a crime but instead were the ones who were caught committing crimes themselves. Either that or a buddy or close family member was arrested for something they swear up and down was unjust.

Never been pulled over or arrested.

Obviously there are corrupt officers out there. But to dismiss all of them as corrupt over a few morons is like dismissing all teachers as child molesters over the minority who slept with their students.

You and I probably have two different definitions of corruption.

As for the video you linked, it seems like the guy is almost trying to convince people to start another Revolutionary War. In other words, his issues seem to go far beyond simple hatred of law enforcement.

I am not in favor of armed revolution, but I believe a revolution armed or not is inevetable. Minds are way more important than guns.

#10 Posted by Blueresident87 (5149 posts) -

You have just proven that your beliefs mean nothing.

#11 Edited by masiisam (5717 posts) -

Your little rant clearly shows your views. Why would anyone waste their time to "convince you" otherwise. Change your own damn mind.

#12 Edited by RushKing (1699 posts) -

You believe guns are more important than the minds behind them?

#13 Posted by Master_Live (12260 posts) -
@RushKing said:

@ad1x2 said:

Never been pulled over or arrested.

So if I got pulled over I should hate cops?

#14 Posted by lostrib (26103 posts) -

You don't believe in them? They're not santa claus or the tooth fairy. They do exist

#15 Posted by Master_Live (12260 posts) -

Plus you should believe in Harvey Dent.

#16 Edited by TacticalDesire (10696 posts) -

@lostrib said:

You don't believe in them? They're not santa claus or the tooth fairy. They do exist

#17 Posted by RushKing (1699 posts) -
@lostrib said:

Cool if they were. They could go away if enough people didn't believe in them.

#18 Edited by lostrib (26103 posts) -

@RushKing said:
@lostrib said:

...that's not how santa claus and the tooth fairy work...

#19 Edited by RushKing (1699 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@RushKing said:
@lostrib said:

They as in cops.

#20 Posted by lostrib (26103 posts) -

@RushKing said:
@lostrib said:

@RushKing said:
@lostrib said:

They as in cops.

Which would be a bad thing

#21 Posted by RushKing (1699 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@RushKing said:

They as in cops.

Brutes don't protect me from brutes.

#22 Posted by lostrib (26103 posts) -

@RushKing said:

@lostrib said:

@RushKing said:

They as in cops.

Okay, good for you. They're still necessary...hell even disney movies have cops and they live in a magical fantasy land where everyone is cheery

#23 Edited by Brain_Duster (312 posts) -

@RushKing said:

Do you believe in having a well-armed populace?

#24 Edited by Blueresident87 (5149 posts) -

@RushKing said:

@Blueresident87 said:

It doesn't matter what I believe about any of this shit. We aren't talking about unicorns or god...it isn't a matter of belief.

Police exist, deal with it. You are just whining about something you will never have control over.

Your ranting sounds just like a million other rants, each one just as empty and given less thought than the one that came before it.

#25 Edited by Brain_Duster (312 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@RushKing said:

@lostrib said:

@RushKing said:

They as in cops.

Okay, good for you. They're still necessary...hell even disney movies have cops and they live in a magical fantasy land where everyone is cheery

Yah. Except that one guy...

#26 Posted by Brain_Duster (312 posts) -

Every time you say you don't believe, a cop dies.

Cop-killer.

#27 Posted by RushKing (1699 posts) -

@RushKing said:

@Blueresident87 said:

It doesn't matter what I believe about any of this shit. We aren't talking about unicorns or god...it isn't a matter of belief.

Police exist, deal with it. You are just whining about something you will never have control over.

The people who still believe in the system are holding it together. It is a matter of belief.

#28 Posted by PonchoTaco (1660 posts) -

TC is the biggest troll.

#29 Edited by ExtremeBanana (152 posts) -

I don't think cops exist either.

#30 Posted by Evil_Saluki (4833 posts) -

One of my friends who I grew up with from a teen became a cop, I played MMO's with 3 others who I keep in contact with and meet on the yearly October guild meet. My nieces godfather is a cop. You realise it's just a job, just one with a lot of customer facing.

#31 Posted by Crunchy_Nuts (2722 posts) -

When TC gets mugged in the street or his mother gets murdered I'm sure he wont go to the cops for help.

#32 Edited by RushKing (1699 posts) -

@Crunchy_Nuts said:

When TC gets mugged in the street or his mother gets murdered I'm sure he wont go to the cops for help.

Not really, communities need to be built first so we can have alternatives to brutes.

#33 Edited by Brain_Duster (312 posts) -

@RushKing said:

@Crunchy_Nuts said:

Not really, communities need to be built first so we can have alternatives to brutes.

Such as?

The communities themselves?

#34 Edited by RushKing (1699 posts) -

@Brain_Duster said:

@RushKing said:

@Crunchy_Nuts said:

Such as?

Neighborhood watch

Yes

#35 Posted by thebest31406 (3180 posts) -

It's the institutions that enable their behavior that you need to worry about. Under a just institution, a racist cop would not be able to detain a Black man for trespassing at his place of employment 200+ times.

#36 Edited by MakeMeaSammitch (3566 posts) -

what is with this site and hating cops? It's to the point of being pretty sad.

#37 Posted by Storm_Marine (10643 posts) -

@RushKing said:

@Crunchy_Nuts said:

Such as?

Vigilantism

#38 Posted by Nibroc420 (13544 posts) -

@Ugalde- said:

How come people don't put up videos every time a cop does his job correctly?

Because it makes headlines in the paper.

#39 Posted by Treflis (11186 posts) -

While there are police officers that have done questionable and even outright illegal things.

The majority seems to be doing their job properly.

And I say this because of one simple fact that anyone who works can agree with.

If everything is done properly and correctly, you usually don't get feedback on it. If you screw up however in any way, then you get feedback remarkably fast.

#40 Edited by turtlethetaffer (15571 posts) -

What an original thinker you are TC. Seriously, watch out everyone, you might cut yourself on their edge.

don't you think it's funny how you very rarely hear about good cops? Why is that? Is it because the media loves to sensationalize things like a cop acting out of their boundaries?

For every bad cop, there's a good cop. Just because one is bad doesn't mean they are all bad. I absolutely hate it when people say law enforcement is bad. By that definition what else is bad? Couldn't you say that teachers are bad and we need protection from them? after all, how many of them do drugs or have some kind of anger issue?

#41 Edited by turtlethetaffer (15571 posts) -

@Treflis said:

While there are police officers that have done questionable and even outright illegal things.

The majority seems to be doing their job properly.

And I say this because of one simple fact that anyone who works can agree with.

If everything is done properly and correctly, you usually don't get feedback on it. If you screw up however in any way, then you get feedback remarkably fast.

This pretty much sums up my customer service job. Do everything correct, act like the nicest person in the world and you usually get a thank you. Have a bad day, get frustrated at something, act slightly annoyed and you're bound to get a complaint (because my workplace actually has a complaint box). :P

#42 Posted by RushKing (1699 posts) -

@Brain_Duster said:

@RushKing said:

@Crunchy_Nuts said:

Such as?

Vigilantism

I don't believe in punishment or vigilante justice. I believe in exerting the amount of force nesesary to prevent further harm. We may need to quarantine and rehibilitate some individuals. Spanish anarchists had to do that to facists during their revolution.

#43 Edited by turtlethetaffer (15571 posts) -

@RushKing: So you're basically an "ends justify the means" kind of guy?

How many cops do you think do bad things with good intentions?

#44 Posted by thegerg (12935 posts) -

I hate to break it to you, but they're real.

#45 Edited by RushKing (1699 posts) -

@RushKing: So you're basically an "ends justify the means" kind of guy?

How many cops do you think do bad things with good intentions?

I don't know whether or not I aproove of this type of cell. If it softens up war criminals and reintegrates them into society, why not?

http://disinfo.com/2013/09/bauhaus-surrealist-prisons-of-the-spanish-civil-war/

#46 Posted by turtlethetaffer (15571 posts) -

@RushKing: Are you going to actually answer my question?

#47 Edited by Storm_Marine (10643 posts) -

@RushKing said:

@Storm_Marine said:

@Brain_Duster said:

@RushKing said:

@Crunchy_Nuts said:

Such as?

Vigilantism

I don't believe in punishment or vigilante justice. I believe in exerting the amount of force nesesary to prevent further harm. We may need to quarantine and rehibilitate some individuals. Spanish anarchists had to do that to facists during their revolution.

no one cares

#48 Posted by Nibroc420 (13544 posts) -

It's the institutions that enable their behavior that you need to worry about. Under a just institution, a racist cop would not be able to detain a Black man for trespassing at his place of employment 200+ times.

It's also their fellow officers who put up with, and condone such actions.

#49 Posted by Makhaidos (1410 posts) -

That's okay, TC. Cops believe in you.

#50 Edited by thebest31406 (3180 posts) -

@Nibroc420 said:

@thebest31406 said:

It's also their fellow officers who put up with, and condone such actions.

Do you know if adblocking members still works?